Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleasd11
final sky

Cooking with Cannabis
    #3503746 - 12/15/04 03:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Cannabutter is a great base for other cannabis recipies; just use it anywhere you would use regular butter.

you need:

big pasta pot

big bag a' pot

1 and 1/3 stick butter

cheesecloth or nylon stocking

gloves (yellow dishwashing ones are fine.. the thicker the better though
because the butter gets hot)

tall somewhat flexible plastic cups

chopsticks or similar

refrigerator

For a OZ, use 1 and 1/3 sticks of butter. (1 stick=1/2 cup) A bit will get lost in the buds so this way you'll have 1/2 a cup for your recipe.

first grind up the bud into a fine powder or as close as possible to it. try to break down the big stems this will help later

boil some water in a big pot that has a lid. put the butter in while it's warming up. once the butter is melted and the water is boiling, toss in the bud.

let it barely simmer for at least 5 or 6 hours.. this makes sure you extract all of the thc and also 'activates it' or de-carbo-something which im too lazy to look up right now

once it's been simmer for a long time your house should smell pretty nappy. smoke a bowl of the kind to help with that. then get the gloves on

i use nylon stockings for this part but cheese cloth is apparently the prefered strainer. scoop, pour or otherwise get the butter/bud into the strainer over the plastic cup a nylon is cool cause you can get a lot in the tube. sqeeze the fuck out of it. watch out for stems which might rip the strainer

once you've strained all the butter, put in a chopstick or two to make it easier to get the butter out later. stick the cup in the fridge over night.

the next day, run a bit of hot water over the cup and pull on the chopsticks.. the butter will come out. do this over the sink because there is a bunch of nasty brown water under the butter. there might be a knappy layer of white/brown stuff on the bottom of the butter.. run it under hot water until it is gone.

if you did it right you should have a big hunk of green butter. i melt it down a bit in the microwave and put it in a tupperware until i use it. i recommend using it in a day or two cause it goes bad quickly. use the butter in a recipe where you'd use regular butter.

some people arent used to the eating high.. it is more of a body high. if you smoke during the same time period you may just think it was from what you smoked, but you should notice you feel high for much longer, and usually i wake up with 'pot hangover' if i eat them too late at night.

and more:
Not a bad method:

http://www.letfreedomgrow.org/recipes/tincture.htm

and

Trainspotting method of eating hash, make sure no one will walk in on you or they will think you are getting ready to shoot up some smack:

1. Take one tablespoon and fill it not quite to the brim with cooking oil.

2. Heat hash - crumble it into oil.

3. Gently heat the spoon untill it starts to bubble - try to move the flame back and forth so as to evenly heat the mixture - making sure it doesn't boil over or anything. You just want a light simmer going on. At the same time you might want to stir gently with a match or something like that - making sure it all dissolves fairly well.

4. When the contents of the spoon are basically a brown sludge - tip it into a yoghurt but DO NOT use the same spoon to stir it in - look under that spoon and you will see why (it should be black with soot).

5. Take second spoon, stir it all up - eat yoghurt.

Voila

Edited by asd11 (12/15/04 03:27 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Cooking with Cannabis [Re: asd11]
    #3516352 - 12/18/04 07:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm using hash in butter, added to hot cocoa this morning. Very good taste.

You don't even really need to heat hash for it to be highly active.

Offlinefranco_on
Chefie McGaggie

Loc: T dot, If you do not know...
Re: Cooking with Cannabis [Re: Organic]
    #3523960 - 12/20/04 01:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with the above recipe for cannabutter, works for a local caterer who puts out a cookbook on the subject. Her recipe calls for simmering at very low temps for 6-8 hours. As well one can store unused portions of the butter in the freezer, as to not waste 5-8 hours of ones life for only two days of snacks. Her book has a chart on how much pot to add to butter ratio, is anyone interested in specifics?

My personal fav from another friend of mine which i have used several times. It is excellent with or with out the pot. This walked into my life mysteriously, and did so the same way to the person who gave me the recipe. The person who created this recipe is unknown, but their munchies live on forever. Must of been high and lacking foodstuffs for this one. Would love to have a name contest for this.

Mysterious Random Incredible Munchies:

Ingredients:
condensed milk (sweetened) 1 can
'Scor' bars (crushed chunky) 5-6 bars
'Ritz' Crackers 1 regular size box
Really fine 'shake'/pot As much as high as you want to be

- Pre-heat oven 200 F
- Crush scor bars
- Hand crush entire box of ritz crackers. The size should be about the same size if not a little smaller then the scor bits
- Pore milk into a bowl and mix in shake/fine ground pot, mix thoroughly and evenly
- Add bits and ritz
- Place into LIGHTLY greased 8x8 or 9x9 bake pan (if one does not have a casing in it at the moment)
- bake till lightly golden brown on top, approx 30-45 min. If it does not brown after 45 min, it is fine to stop
- Let cool and send me a trip report

Notes: - Fantastic as a general munchies, No pot necessary
- As with any pot cooking, do not exceed 250 f at any point of cooking process
- Some bulk stores can pre crushed scor bars, those are fine and preferable
- A ziplock bag, a hammer, and pre-frozen scor bars works too
- Scor bars may have different name in your area, it is a chocolate covered caramel centered bar
- Enjoy

Thank you and have a nice day

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing