Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Moving.
    #3500331 - 12/14/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've been living at my sisters in Edmonton for the last few months. AT first, when my mom kicked me out and was offering to help me get my own apartment, my sister was all "that's setting yourself up for failure. You should move here rent free and take care of my kids while I work." That's what I did.

Last week, after losing her job, she changed to "you can't live here because I don't like drugs around." This came a couple days after being told that she couldn't "handle" the smell of pot (which I smelled like coming in the door that night.)

One day after coming to Calgary to visit my mom for Xmas, my sister calls and talks to my mom for a good 15 minutes. Then my mom handed me the phone saying "your sister wants to talk to you, and then I need to talk to you."

My sister tells me that she "can't keep track of her kids all the time," and that they invaded my room and found myco supplies. She told me that now I have to move and I can't even come to get my stuff without a chaperone. Apparently she is afraid of me, or what I might do, since I have disproven my trustworthyness. (Trustworth?)

Looks like I'm moving to Calgary, again.

I just love moving every six months.  :sad: :sad:

I suspect that I am a victim of classic manipulation. My sister "talked" me into living with her so that she could get free childcare while she was working. At first it was all "you're fun to have around" and "you take such good care of my kids," but after she got fired she started complaining a lot about our "lifestlyes" were incompatible.

I dont' know if her reactions were reasonable, or whether she's been planning to dump me back out on my ass when it stopped being cheaper for her having me around.

I know that I was using her to keep sponging and delaying having to grow up and get a job, and I'm upset that I've lost that EZ street.

Questions, comments? free room and board?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: Moving. [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3502937 - 12/15/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

no free room and board of course , but an interesting story. your sister is a classic from what ive read. i've met the same personality. check out youth hostiles. i just hate to see a post go by unanswered. which reminds me. i need to bump mine.

ohyeah. ps. food stamps are a god send. try em out.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Moving. [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3504703 - 12/15/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I gave my damage deposit and first months rent on a one bedroom 2day. I sign a six month tomorrow.

Guess I needs a job now.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds