Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRaoulDuke
Newbie Douchebag
Chocolate...
    #3501536 - 12/15/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

First and foremost, I would preemptively like to extend my apologies if this comes off as a bit elementary, but I suppose everyone has to be a novice at some point...Much different than the dried stems and caps I normally come accross, I've come upon what looks to be a chocolate mold containing shake/ground shrooms. Probably totally common to most people, I was a bit weary--here's why. My first question is, was the potency at all effected when introduced to the heat of the chocolate? According to the source there is 3.5g in each mold which appears to be that of a cupcake. I've read that a teaspoon of shake/powder can weigh approx. 1g. What are the chances that there is a legitimate 1/8 oz in each mold? Is it generally smarter not to purchase these if you don't make them yourself? Any superior wisdom you have to offer is greatly appreciated. RAOULDUKE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Chocolate... [Re: RaoulDuke]
    #3502058 - 12/15/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

IMO, it's not generally smarter to purchase these. Most people claim that there's an 1/8 in each chocolate, but usually you'll end up getting ripped off. Maybe not totally, but you probably won't get 3.5 grams. Grow your own, if possible, or at least look for someone selling intact mushies, if you want to be sure about weight.

Potency can definitely be affected by heat, but there's no way to know before you eat the chocolate.

OfflineR2R
journeyman
Loc: South Louisiana
Re: Chocolate... [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3502827 - 12/15/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is the only way i eat my mushrooms. I dont make mine near that potent though. I make mine using 1.5g weighed out in jello shot cups. To me 1.5 g in the chocolate feels stronger and hits faster than eating 1.5g dried and unpowdered. I think the powdered mushrooms are directly attributed to that. The heat of the chocolate has cause no loss in potency in my experience.

Edited by R2R (12/15/04 08:30 AM)

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Chocolate... [Re: R2R]
    #3505209 - 12/15/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Same here, the heat doesn't lower the potency because the chocolate is barely 100 degrees and it's still melted.

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
Re: Chocolate... [Re: discoabe]
    #3508270 - 12/16/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the problem is that if you do not make the chocolates yourself there is no way to know what the dosage is (if any). while it is wonderful to eat ground mush dissolved into chocolate (many people prefer this) without acutally being there to see just how much is put into each chocolate, you will most likely get screwed. ground shrooms are more quickly metabolized and the trip comes on quicker, this sudden onset is often confused with potentcy.
if you aren't growing them yourself, buy only whole mushrooms. this way you know what you are getting.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: Chocolate... [Re: theknighterrant]
    #3508404 - 12/16/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea...chocolates are many times a rip-off, but I've heard some successes. They usually don't put too much in those things, and some people just plain don't know how to make chocolates (I suspect a lot of people heat it WAY past 100?, even though that's all it would require.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds