Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGyromitra
Fungsmurf
 User Gallery

Sclerotia - substrate (pic)
    #3501755 - 12/15/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Picture just sent to me, said to be P. tampanensis after 4 weeks incubation. The left jar is coffee-soaked wbs; the middle is cracked corn; the left is water-soaked wbs. Other jars of the same substrates were said to be growing similarly.

Seems that in this case cracked corn retarded early formation of sclerotia; and in this limited comparison coffee didn't make much difference. I don't know if fruiting will be attempted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Sclerotia - substrate (pic) [Re: Gyromitra]
    #3501760 - 12/15/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

nice avatar  :finger:

--------------------

InvisibleGyromitra
Fungsmurf
 User Gallery

Re: Sclerotia - substrate (pic) [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3501783 - 12/15/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

And yours is... uh... anyway just rounding out the view, there's lots of the other kind of T&A here LOL

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3501837 - 12/15/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting. I would attempt fruiting it. Rye berries did not fruit for me but casings made stones better then jars. Rye grass fruited easily for me..many many small mushrooms..ended up with a number of grams off two quarts of grass seed in a few flushes but the fruits are extremely potent. 1.5 dry grams was equivalent to 3.5 grams of cubies. This is Tamps I'm speaking of as well..

I have found rye berries to do better for stone production over rye grass, but fruiting was the opposite.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleGyromitra
Fungsmurf
 User Gallery

Re: Sclerotia - substrate (pic) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3501906 - 12/15/04 01:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

These were not tried on rye berries or grass seed; it would be interesting to see what happens if some were cleaned and transplanted into rye or Lolium seed, after growing for awhile. I wonder, if a new clean spawn could be started from a few sclerotia, if they were sterilized in bleach, then dropped into new grain/seed jars. Or Karo. Or whatever.

Those were multispored into those jars. Maybe a cleaned slice would grow mycelium in solution and give a single strain liquid.

I will pass along the info and ask for pictures of fruits.

OfflineDubiousDuo
Enigmatic Catalyst
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #3501929 - 12/15/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Speaking of Avatars, whered u get that pic of me? :P

--------------------
It is easier to wear slippers,
Than to carpet the world

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sclerotia - substrate (pic) [Re: DubiousDuo]
    #3501948 - 12/15/04 01:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not bleach but h202. I have taken a 3 month old jar and used it to do grain to grain transfers to jars and make a liquid culture (using h202)..All worked out fine.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleGyromitra
Fungsmurf
 User Gallery

Re: Sclerotia - substrate (pic) [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3501974 - 12/15/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Not bleach but h202

I usually like peroxide too, but had some recent problems with it on edible clones, which cleared up after using bleach instead.  But since the sclerotia wouldn't be blenderized, maybe peroxide would work just fine.

If that picture is you (dubious), contact me private for a more in-depth discussion Hehehe  :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds