Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Battle gray stuff...
    #3501840 - 12/15/04 03:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

whoa so this sucks i got home and my casing got attacked by cobweb or something. I posted in the contamination forum and the only reply i got is get pics. cant get any with my crappy camera i got. I dunno it is darker grayish with blue than the cobweb pics in the contam page. theres one spot where its hittin the hardest and its got overlay in the middle and gray all around. It still smells fine too.. Mabye the myc trying to fight it? I made a 10/1 mix of water and h202 sprayed it down real good and then did it again about 3 -4 hours later. Am i doing everything right so far? Im going to give it until tomorrow and if its gotten worse than its no good right? At least i know exactly how it happened. Me being lazy not steralizing the casing to patch spots after the first flush. Lesson well learned i must say. Well yah know that makes me happy that i had 3 jars that are still colonizing and there still in their jars lol.. I dunno i may try cakes my next try but i dont have the right setup for humidity for cakes right now. Well i will let you guys know what happens in the morning. im goin to sleep, and to pray. Is that what you guys would of done to your casing?

Edited by insanity_420 (12/15/04 03:17 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Battle gray stuff... [Re: insanity_420]
    #3501953 - 12/15/04 03:49 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Is it yellowish brownish at all?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #3502358 - 12/15/04 06:54 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Cobweb mold is whispy and fluffy. Put some 3% peroxide in your spray bottle full strength and spray the mold. If it's cobweb, it will melt on contact with the full strength HOO2. Up your air exchange. Cobweb is caused by stale, still air.

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3502388 - 12/15/04 07:05 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Cobweb looks like this & spreads FAST

--------------------

Offlinedjred

Re: Battle gray stuff... [Re: agar]
    #3502810 - 12/15/04 10:20 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

well i threw out a bunch of jars with grey growth i assume it was cobweb real fluffy grey grows quick,but like i said im not trying to fight a bunch of contam jars.. luckly it i made a bunch of karo up..really spreads out your supply..so my next guess is to be more sterile..i wa swondering if i could install a fish pump into my incubator to bring in fresh air circulate it around..

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Battle gray stuff... [Re: djred]
    #3502838 - 12/15/04 10:34 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Here are some more pics of cobweb , notice how cobweb will even compete with green nasties . If you zoom in you can really see how whispy cobweb gets . I was so bumed when this happened , but I got some real sweet detailed pics as you can see .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: Battle gray stuff... [Re: djred]
    #3502841 - 12/15/04 10:35 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

wow ok so this crap is wierd i really wish i could get some pics but its not happenin. it wasent yellowish at all. So i just woke up and looked at my casing. Well i dont see any more gray but the spot where it hit the worst is all overlayed and now theres green in it. Im thinkin its time to say goodbye to this casing? Crap went from gray to green. its pissin me off Now i got a fist size piece in my casing thats all overlay with some light green crap in it here and there. I got my other 2 jars which will be ready soon so i dont wanna mix them until i know whats up. Thanks

Invisibletripndicular

#3502850 - 12/15/04 10:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Do not forget to do a complete cleaning of the grow chamber before putting in any new cakes , move very slow and precise when removing that bad batch so as to minimize any of it from becoming air born .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinedjred

Re: Battle gray stuff... [Re: tripndicular]
    #3502868 - 12/15/04 10:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yeah im doing coffee wbs jars and some popcorn..and it seems that my growth is kinda grey..but yet it has white in it..hard to tell on the popcorn its ben 3 days i say they are growing fucking quick..i just hope i'm doing everyhting right..i know how to make karo jars easily..lol so i do have choices until i get it right..

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3502872 - 12/15/04 10:49 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yooooo....Trip

That be some industrial size contam's & good pic's. Fortune to be made, if you can McCqiver a cure that doesnt kill Myc.

Sadly, this shit is like AIDS... once ya got it, :mad2: - :thumbdown:
HERE (link) is a pretty good write up on controls.

--------------------

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
    #3502881 - 12/15/04 10:59 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ok so heres what i got now, its kinda hard to see but theres green in there now. take a look see

eww =( i dunno what ya think

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Battle gray stuff... [Re: agar]
    #3502888 - 12/15/04 11:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I had a real bad "rash" of the shit last year :frown: . I noticed it was from going from being use to using an AC to a PC . I was making mixtures a little to moist , I did all sorts of shit to try and kill it off ... as you know to no avail , fire(used a torch) worked great but killed myc . Allowing them to dry up completely helped , but once water was reintroduced to bring back the myc , so did the damn green nasties , cobweb was gone but not the greens .
Peroxide 30% didnt help either , 90% alch. no luck , exposure to intense sun light no luck , maybe some chemo therapy would work  :wink:
I have on a few occasions purposely grew nasties :confused: , just to see them and try to kill them , when lipstick started I gave up , that shit scares the hell out of me . :eek:

I have use of a real nice camera :thumbup: that is how I get these sweet ass pics that can be zoomed in on  :thumbup:

No money in successfully growing the shit with nice pics though  :wink:

I had some that were worse , just these showed two types of nasties , and some healthy myc in there to that is why I saved these , figured good educational pics .

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3502896 - 12/15/04 11:15 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

insanity_420 said:
ok so heres what i got now, its kinda hard to see but theres green in there now.  take a look see 

eww =( i dunno what ya think

Over on the left side appears like possible cobweb , I do see a tint of green in what looks like some healthy myc . Personally I would issolate this tray and watch and learn , but that is me . Like I mentioned to agar , I have on a few occasion "purposely" grown nasties , just to learn how they look , grow , and react to differnt enviro conditions . I wish I saved the pics of agar dishes growing shit to . For shits and giggles if ever given chance , cough on a clean petri , some neat and large varietis of shit grows :eek:

I agree with Agar ... most nasties are like herpes or aids , once you got it , you'll never get rid of it  :tongue:

--------------------

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
    #3505604 - 12/15/04 08:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yup well im just gettin to look at my casing and it got smashed with more gray and thr healthy lookin myc is all green. i chucked it and am going to get goin on sommore. Is my 10/1 solution with h2o2 gunna be enough to spray in my terrarium to kill anytihing that may be in it?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3510058 - 12/16/04 07:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That doesnt look like healthy myc, or myc at all..that looks like green mold for sure. Green mold will spread looking white often but will turn green. Its not a ropey white though..more of a moldy looking white, like what you see on bread.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineIIGnosticAbhorII
Stranger
Re: Battle gray stuff... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3510073 - 12/16/04 07:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation