Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezorak
Stranger
how important is humidity during incubation?
    #3501051 - 12/14/04 10:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I read somewhere that the optimal humidity during incubation is 70%. i forgot where i read that but it had to be in either the faq or in one of the pf teks.

when i first started incubating i had the incubator closed and the conditions inside were 84 degrees and 70% humidity. after they got around half way colonized i left the incubator cracked open to allow some air flow, and now it's staying at 82 degrees but the humidity is down to 40%. will this be a problem? a couple of jars already reached 100% colonization yesterday (I'll birth them in a few days) and the rest are between 60-95%. im going to dunk them before the first flush but i'm worried that the jars that haven't completely colonated yet might get too dry and stall. should i do something to raise the humidity, like put a wet towel in there, or does it not matter that much?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: how important is humidity during incubation? [Re: zorak]
    #3501071 - 12/14/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

wow, i dont give them any humidity....they do just find with the water content inside....wouldnt putting moisture around them just be asking for contams?.....well i donno but ive never heard of that b4, well once but it was a thrown out idea b/c it didnt help the jars, some guy did a test awhile ago and found no difference, but thats jus my opinion, gl

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: how important is humidity during incubation? [Re: zorak]
    #3501072 - 12/14/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i also read this on the grow FAG "optimal PF cake growth perimiters " and said the same thing , i doubt it would make a huge diff i guess that when the cakes get hot it sweats and adds humidity ? so yeah

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how important is humidity during incubation? [Re: liveby]
    #3501606 - 12/15/04 12:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Its not important unless your using no metal lid and only the tyvek for a lid (n grain jars)..tyvek will allow water vapor through and low humidity with warm air can dry out jars like this. This is not normally a problem though and I wouldnt worry or try and do anything about it. It will inhibit mold growth in the incubator but within the jars will stay nice and moist. Tin foil over them will help..if PF tek you should have no tape and only tin foil over them. Foil lets air escape but not water vapor to easily.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinezorak
Stranger
Re: how important is humidity during incubation? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3501881 - 12/15/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

foil without holes in it lets air escape? even if the foil is taped down around the sides? I have the foil taped down cuz my jars are actually just 11 ounce glass cups, and the sides are smooth and flat, so it doesn't really have any notches or anything where the lid would screw on for the foil grip onto and stop it from sliding off. before i taped my lids down they slid up and down the jars very easily, it would have been real easy to accidently take one off and drop or contaminate the jar.

they each have 4 holes in the lid and i already took the other foil lid off. i turned them upside down and put them on one of those metal cookie sheets so they wouldn't sit flat on the bottom and plug up the airholes.

edit - and ya it's pf tek, brf jars

Edited by zorak (12/15/04 01:37 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies