Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Hypothetical Bulk Production
    #3500443 - 12/14/04 11:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just shipped for 3 spore syringes, so in my anticipation (of my microscopy research, of course) I thought I'd write up a quick hypothetical plan. All suggestions and critiques are welcome!! I want some opinion on my plan.

Pasteurized substrate in a nifty patch autoclavable bag(like the ones from FungiPerfecti). (Probably a straw mixture, birdseed or verm and brown rice flour... open to suggestions)

Inoculating via sterilized syringe (whiped or flamed)through the patch in the bag.

The bag is then set in a dark place with ideal tempature (80s). -More suggestions welcome- I will actively watch the bag for contams. After the substrate in the bag is completely whited and tiny little pinheads appear I will open the bag in sterile conditions and spread the colonized over a layer of pasteurized straw or straw/manure. Then another layer of straw or straw/manure is spread... and so forth until 5-10 inches of straw/spawn is laid (This tactic is adopted from ShroomGod's straw tek) and then I will press this down and cover with plastic wrap, tucking in the sides. I will then puncture little holes. Once the straw is completely colonized, I will remove the wrap and cover the straw with casing. (Probably Stamets method, hoping for suggestions). I will then apply a layer of hole free plastic and hook up a humidifier using ShroomGod's humidifier tek.
I have two clear 30 gallon tubs for the procedure. Also have a bail of hay and a big ass bag of vermaculite. I am sure this is probably a repeatative subject and I'm sorry for posting if that's the case. I've done plenty of reading on the subject in the grow section, I simply couldn't constrain myself from posting in all my excitement of finally cultivating! Please post any suggestions or personal preferences! Thanks!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Hypothetical Bulk Production [Re: Herbus]
    #3500472 - 12/14/04 11:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

u could just do a G2G transfer , of make some honey water and u could make hundreds of syringes from that !

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation