Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time
    #3494194 - 12/13/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well After @cro and I went to investigate the stuntzii patch I found a week ago in the lawn, and later this day we found waterlogged stuntzii's in the woodchip mulch garden beds at the same lawn location, we took a ferry boatt to kingston. We were both very cold as the rain forest clear cuts were weet form heavy rains. We saw GGalerina shrooms, Carrot cups (Aluria Aurantia), Naematoloma species, Gyromitra esculante, and a lot or polypores and some really beautiful rock mosses with many colors. Forgot to photograph those. They were pretty. But we got soaked from the knees down in the damp forest and also saw warning signs that toxins were to be sprayed. I think the post said last year. The clearcuts were not cleared or burned and no recent sign of logging. WE did see some cut slices of trees with the words Keep Out in the middle of the mountain we climbed yup and down on.

Here are six images of some larger than normal pelliculosas.

ASnd there you have my adventure for today.

More later and have a shroomy night.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3494200 - 12/13/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

beautiful. thanks for sharing.

Offlinefindaway29
Stranger
Loc: Ga
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: Supernova]
    #3494266 - 12/13/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

MJ, great job my friend. absolutely amazing. they look magic to me! Its not often that pics of pelliculosas show up on here. Thanks!! Rock and roll!  :jammingout: (these guys are on speed!)

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3496218 - 12/14/04 07:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

cool pelliculosa pics :grin:

DH

Invisibleobaku
student of theuniverse
Male User Gallery
Loc: Northwest Oregon
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: spores]
    #3496738 - 12/14/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Nice pics

--------------------
The master's gone herb gathering, somewhere on the mountain, cloud-hidden, whereabouts unknown.

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: obaku]
    #3498123 - 12/14/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Do pelliculosa bruise blue? There's not much info regarding pelliculosa. I'd love to learn about them, as they're probably the only actives I have a chance of finding in the wild here in Northern California

--------------------

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3498661 - 12/14/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

sweet, glad you boys had fun!!!

:laugh:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: Herbus]
    #3498670 - 12/14/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Herbus said:
Do pelliculosa bruise blue? There's not much info regarding pelliculosa. I'd love to learn about them, as they're probably the only actives I have a chance of finding in the wild here in Northern California

I don't think they do, they're a fairly weak mushroom.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: Herbus]
    #3499012 - 12/14/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Herbus said:
Do pelliculosa bruise blue?

Yes, the stem bruises blue green where handled or with age.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: ivi]
    #3499676 - 12/14/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have never seen green stems on pelliculosa. The stems are white with fibrils and these guys were pretty soaked and discolored.

SOmetimes the very base may have a tinge of blue but it is extremely rare.

We really have not hit a c good clearcut. WE went into one that had three years growth and hundreds of chopped down and raked stripped trees in the clear cut and not one had been logged out.

Unfinished destruction of a forest habitat with warning signs of helicopter toxic sprays.

Last year @cro and I saw a helkicopter droping thousands of gallons into the rain foret clearcuts.

mj

OfflineUKShroomHunter55
Stranger
    #3503914 - 12/15/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just wondering did you eat these, cos wont all of the toxins go into the mushrooms then make you expload?

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: UKShroomHunter55]
    #3503991 - 12/15/04 02:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:rolleyes:

:ban:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: UKShroomHunter55]
    #3504149 - 12/15/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I just photograph them. I do not do illicit compounds. it is illegal to eat them.

mj

And besides, I have no idea what it is you are referring to.

mj

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3504166 - 12/15/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The poison sprayed by the helicopter.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: shroomydan]
    #3504382 - 12/15/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not really,the spray was conducted the year before. They spray all clearcuts and they also burn and slash.

Even liberty caps get sprayed in pastures with liquid fertilizers and such in the feeds and in the fields and people have eaten them for years with no ill effects reported from trace elements in the fungi or in the soils where pastureland shrooms appear. That would include, P. baeocystis, p. stuntzii, P. fimetaria, P. sierrae, P. strictipes, P. semilanceata. Those are all pasture land shrooms which can also appear in lawns as well as pastures and some of the pastureland shrooms crossbreed into woodchip habitats.

Also in the PNW, many sidewalk and street lawns also tend to have paralel parking. Cars exhausts are great areas for finding blue ringers when the cars leave the parking spaces each day. no one has been sick from them.

Gardens in public places are constantly sprayed wtih fertilizers, expecially areas whith P. cyanescens and no one gets sick from those nutrients and/or chemicals added to the soils by landscappers or people who use suck toxins and fertilizers int heir soils and gardens.

mj

And I would not want to be in a clearcut in the rainforest if someone was about to unload a ton of chemicals on to my person from the air.

mj

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Re: The Results of Mj and @cro's Monday Pelliculosa Hunt in the Clearcuts of Time [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3505282 - 12/15/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ohh he was referring to the spraying.  :lol:

I thought he was talking about mushrooms in general!!

psilly me :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom