Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejayare223
Stranger
Loc: northeast
baby shrooms or aborts?
    #349412 - 06/26/01 03:22 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

question regarding aborts...
i've got countless really small pinheads and mini-shrooms (anywhere from .5 - 3cm tall) that started pinning once the larger shrooms had already grown significantly...i really have no idea if these are aborts, really small sized mushrooms ready to be harvested, or late bloomers that will grow in a few days...is there any way to tell what they are, when i should harvest them, and what to do with them? and additionally, if i leave them on until after the larger ones are harvested, can they become contaminated and damage the cakes and/or fruits?

once again, any help is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!

-jr (first-timer)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
Re: baby shrooms or aborts? [Re: jayare223]
    #349417 - 06/26/01 03:27 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

This is just an uneven flush. Watch the pins and let them grow. If they do not grow and start turning dark on the heads - pick them.

You suck but your mammas still sweet - support the FSR

--------------------

Offlinejayare223
Stranger
Re: baby shrooms or aborts? [Re: Anonymous]
    #349421 - 06/26/01 03:33 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

mucho apreci?, mi amigo... ;>

-jr

Offlinejayare223
Stranger
    #349496 - 06/26/01 05:45 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

one more q --

are the baby shrooms or ones picked early (small and stubby) and the ones that seem to get stuck around the bottom of the larger shrooms as i pick them....are they worth their weight in a dose? in other words are they viable mushrooms as part of a dose...

also -- when i pick a mature shroom out of a patch of smaller ones right flush up against it at the root...does it destroy or inhibit the growth of those not yet matured shrooms?

thanks in advance again! :)

-jr

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
Re: baby shrooms or aborts? [Re: jayare223]
    #349899 - 06/27/01 08:59 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Some believe that the pins are very potent compared to larger shrooms, relative to weight vs. potency. Definatly keep them! As long as the babies are not damaged then they will be fine. Just watch the area and pick any that abort.

You suck but your mammas still sweet - support the FSR

--------------------

Anonymous

#349931 - 06/27/01 10:01 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I find once the biggest ones are ready, they all are. Those little ones don't get any bigger unless they are a second, seperate flush.

Those li'l guys are definately potent!

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale