Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesre2f
Stranger
Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks?
    #3497988 - 12/14/04 05:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Part 1: Meditation and random pshycadelic states..

I have only done shrooms once. It was the worst and greatest experience of my entire life (http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3489897/an/0/page/1).

I find afterwards though, that sometimes I will have a flashback. Not near as strong while tripping, but I would say level 2 or 3. This will be a fleating glimpse lasting anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds.

I also find that whenever I close my eyes, I have visions and thoughts that I can not control. It is like I am dreaming but I am wide awake.

I have never meditated before, but tried it not to long ago. I have found that I can very easily meditate myself into a pshycadelic (sp?) state.....

--------------------
....and that was when I knew it would be a bad trip, the bed was tieing me to the bed and my shirt started to eat me..............and just like that it was over, as if nothing had happened.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: sre2f]
    #3498009 - 12/14/04 05:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That is the great thing about psychedelics, if basically has the reverse effect of most chemical, addiction forming substances.

i constantly find myself falling back into the channel of psychedelic madness that I often indulge in. this is great. i find it to be a great ability, and soon I will reach the point of not needing, nor wanting, any more psychedelics substances. I have already developed meditational and nonmediatational ways to send myself back into the same uphoria of 'tripping', for lack of better term.

It is beautiful isn't it?

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3498128 - 12/14/04 05:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the uncontrolled thought sequence is more normal than anyone might like to admit! you are noticing it with the slight increase in residual awareness after having tripped.

while we seem to do one thing at a time, we manage to do so only because we approach our goals like a surf coming in on a beach.

many wavelettes gather headway and are engaged during the task of spreading water on the beach.

I could not imagine simply thinking one thing. In thinking about something multiple threads seem to start; some of the thought directions and sequence trails even seem to go counter to the consensus wave direction, but that is way normal too, part of the curl of the big surf goes backwards underneath.

anyway if your eyes are a bit more open you are going to be more perceptive of the composite nature of existence, more aware of the fragments of sensation that go into experiencing.

Now as for going into relapses after some meditation, this also happens. getting past it is a matter of consolidating your direction (same issue withthe waves). If you are interested in these states you will spend more time there. if you are interested in understanding ani-chang & anatta, or mroe of the buddha's teachings you will get past it. what you seek you will find: sometimes I think people are interested in being broken, look twice and it is true, keep looking and it is worse. be interested in something else goes somewhere else.

in mind space either avoiding or approaching amount to saying come hither.

to move in mindspace is quite subtle. to keep still in mind space is key.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3498140 - 12/14/04 05:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Aye, good word-tation citizen.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3499461 - 12/14/04 08:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I took shrooms a couple of weeks ago (12/4). Since then, at least 10 times a day I would be looking at something...and out of the corner of my eye I would see weird shaped objects with crazy colors. Then I would go to look at it and it would be gone. I don't know if it would be considered flashback...but there is my 2 cents.

--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: deadHead321]
    #3501235 - 12/15/04 01:19 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, I get a feeling sometime, like a weird perception shift - then say something really stupid like "i'm driving 50 times as fast as I walk" and then in a split second just shift back - or adapt - I dunno but I like it, it let's me see things that I really take for granted and let's me appreciate it all a lot more.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: deadHead321]
    #3502324 - 12/15/04 06:40 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

prior to your shrooms you had trained yourself to ignore these visual fragments
they are part of vision.
training not to see them is part of childhood mastery of the body
you forgot that you learned to suppress the in-between stuff.

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3505345 - 12/15/04 08:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It's funny you ask this, because just last night I was meditating on my bed.... and all of the sudden my whole being (but my thoughts more specifically) felt like they were two circles (a smaller one within a big one)... the big circle was spinning clockwise... and the small circle was spinning counter clockwise.... the feeling lasted anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds....

after reading back on this... it sounds sorta ridiculous... and I think just like psychedelic drugs... it isnt really something that can be understood without having the experience...

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

Edited by CeeThruMeer (12/15/04 08:08 PM)

OfflineBlue_Shrooms
just anothershroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: Wounder Land
Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: sre2f]
    #3512166 - 12/17/04 03:55 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

up to a month or so after trippin' i could still close my eyes and see colorful formations as bright as i did on the night i tripped, but as said before, it last only a few good seconds.

--------------------
Wisdom Is Respected Hatred Is Rejected -- STEEL PULSE

Man to man is so unjust, children
You don't know who to trust
Your worst enemy could be your best friend
And your best friend your worst enemy -- BOB MARLEY

It's ok if you want to experment with drugs.
It's when you begin to dwell on them drugs,
THAT'S when it's time to stop!  -- EDDIE

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: Blue_Shrooms]
    #3512385 - 12/17/04 07:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

How do you guys go about meditating?

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: Zirus666]
    #3512554 - 12/17/04 09:17 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Aries, you're one after my own heart!

Indeed, dear sre2f, you are on your way to a little thing occaisonally called enlightenment.  You did pack a chute, right?  'Cause, uh, as you know, even as you may go up and up, the world just way turn upside down resulting in a terrible fall for one unprepared :wink:.

Honestly, flashbacks are nothing to worry about, you can get a flashback from most any intense emotional experience.  As long as your flashbacks aren't scary or impeding your ability to live/work, consider them a blessing, I say.....  But I'm a bite crazy :P

Now that you've used a "key" to "unlock" portions of your mind...  you'll respond to all manner of stimuli a bit differently.  Hope you like the new you.  I'm generally always happy with the new me.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: delta9]
    #3516477 - 12/18/04 08:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yep i can trip on the spot!

OfflineBlue_Shrooms
just anothershroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: Zirus666]
    #3517871 - 12/18/04 07:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Meditating on Shrooms is easier than meditating sober for me.
What I do is go to a peaceful place, somewhere where I am able to meditate (if possible the beach or out in the wilderness) I then just listen to natures music and let my mind wounder. I also had an excellent relaxing trip listening to some Reggae  :rasta: IMO Reggae is an excellent trip music. You don't want to listen to something hard or fast like Trance/Psytrance (Even though I had some bomb a** trips listening to them). I guess you just put yourself into a cool calm setting and clear your mind and let your thoughts drift. If you are stuck in the city then you can buy Nature Cd's and then listen to them late at night in a quite dark room.
Hope I gave you some insight!

--------------------

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: Blue_Shrooms]
    #3519794 - 12/19/04 10:11 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Aight, so do you do it with eyes shut I assume? what about sitting position? or do you lye down?

Nvr really tryed heh...

--------------------

OfflineBlue_Shrooms
just anothershroomer
 User Gallery

#3521697 - 12/19/04 08:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

either way! but sitting up i think is best, because it's how people would meditate normally. I was able to do this lying down, and a good friend of mine just sat on the beach an did it. Try it both ways, just keep your thoughts CLEAR!

--------------------

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

#3524073 - 12/20/04 02:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Cool ok :smile:

I1ll give it a go on a semi-low dose, see if I can flow deeper than without meditating and on a higher dose :smile:

--------------------

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Loc: Where pigs can't see
    #3524103 - 12/20/04 02:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was once told that Entheogens are a tool to get to an eye opening state. They are not to be depended on, and one must learn to acheive this on their own. Before I ever shroomed, I have had the ability to go into meditation for long periods of time and get in touch physically and visual w/ the energy w/ me. I was more disiplined in those days and have since back slid. I can however go switch imediatly to seeing the energy around us w/ little effort. I only see clear energy though, no colors.

So yes it can be done.

--------------------
I am the wrench that keeps the "MACHINE" running while looking forward to the day that I can take it apart.

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Re: Anyone else able to meditate into a pshycadlic state. OR have random flashbacks? [Re: iliketoplay]
    #3524332 - 12/20/04 03:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:shocked:

Interesting stuff man, I can see i have alot of learning to do with meditation and with psychs too :smile:
Gonna be fun and prolly terryfing at times, but it`ll all be good :smile:

--------------------

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Loc: Where pigs can't see
    #3527246 - 12/21/04 12:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I tried something new last night.

I had attemped a sucessful OBE once in my life in a sober state. It was frightening.

I had also noticed that when I trip, I can focus w/ my eyes and turn the visuals on. My pupils will be normal, and when the visuas begin my pupils dialate. I have also noted that when I meditate and see the energy in a sober state, my pupils will dialate. Not near as much as under the influence, but quite large.

(Note this is being sober for about 1.5 weeks. Last experience was salvia leaves w/ no results and DMT brew and san pedro the week before that)
Last night, I was laying in bed after finishing a chapter in "DMT (The spirit Molecule)" and was going to go to bed. As I lay in bed I decided to do a little chi kung, and see if I could move around in my body. I could feel myself phasing through my physcal body, but I would move so far and get scared since I had quit breathing. I decided just to lie in bed w/ the lights off and focus on my eyes. On a side note, I have been waking up in the middle of hte night the past 2 weeks able to see w/ my eyes closed. I can not however do this under my own power while being awake. I have also been waking to a trip like state and seeing things in the air and interesting images in my mind. I do not do alot of tripping, and have only done dmt twice, but since I have done dmt I have changed some how.
So anyway, as I lay in bed, I am focusing on my eyes. I begin to see things. White forms, which I expect to have been dense energy are sweeping at me. I used to see the same thing as a child, but then I was always told that I am seeing demons, you could imagine I did not get much sleep as a kid thinking demons were before me.... thanks mom.
It is sorta fritening, cause things that happen in a sober state tend to be accepted as more real, and I am not used to the fluid around us being so dence. I continue to focus and fall under. I slept for a little but it was more of a lucid dream, as if I was stuck between sleep and wake, and then suddenly I wake up. I look around and my gf is next to me trying to comfort me. I see the room full of energy, so dence I can hardly see past it. Then it starts winding into a vortex, and I feel as if I am being pulled into it. I feel myself pulled into it. Not my physical self, but my being. My sence of existance. I tried to hold on, since I was caught off guard from my sleep.

My body tossed and turned an colvulsed the rest of the night, while my mind was in a constant struggle in the vortex.
There wasn't much thought or logic, just struggle and restlessness. I had just worked a 13hr day, and have a few ore long days ahead of me at work. So needless to say, I am tired but it was an intersting experience.

--------------------
I am the wrench that keeps the "MACHINE" running while looking forward to the day that I can take it apart.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience