Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesre2f
Stranger
Re: I need help. Shrooms took away my blissfull ignorance. I know the meaning of life and dont likt [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3507160 - 12/16/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Where does one obtain these cactus......

--------------------
....and that was when I knew it would be a bad trip, the bed was tieing me to the bed and my shirt started to eat me..............and just like that it was over, as if nothing had happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: I need help. Shrooms took away my blissfull ignorance. I know the meaning of life and dont likt [Re: sre2f]
    #3507223 - 12/16/04 12:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You can buy them at gardening supply store, as plants or seeds online, or as dried cactus chunks online (best method IMO). Then you boil down the cactus goop and strain it or do an alcohol extraction.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
Re: I need help. Shrooms took away my blissfull ignorance. I know the meaning of life and dont likt [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3508744 - 12/16/04 12:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Come in a bit late on this one, but this is a useful site about Atheism and how you come to terms with the fact that after we die, there is almost certainly nothing else... His articles are really interesting.

http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Offlinechessrook
Wanderer
Loc: Western NC
Re: I need help. Shrooms took away my blissfull ignorance. I know the meaning of life and dont likt it.. [Re: sre2f]
    #3512602 - 12/17/04 07:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You said: "and that the meaning of life is that it has no meaning."

Don't so easily discount your Bible as meaningless fiction...

Consider Solomon writing in Ecclesiates.

1:2 Meaningless! Meaningless! says the Teacher. Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless! What does man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go but the earth remains forever.

He goes on to examine the idea of meanglessness and its implications for the entire book. His conclusions may differ from yours, but the Bible isn't a book ONLY of children's stories. It does deal with the real issues of life such as the one you are considering.

Anyway, I applaud you for rejecting what was obviously a shallow christianity. I would challenge you to consider the question again sometime but instead of accepting someone else's version of christianity...read through the plain Bible text one time yourself. If you have done so then just disregard what I am saying. However, I have been surprised how many people base their notion of any religion upon what others say it is rather than reading the texts that they are based on directly. Not many people have read the sometimes very difficult 1000+ pages of the Bible for themselves, but everyone's got an opinion. Before I sound too self-righteous, I am guilty of the same thing in regards to other religions (Buddism being a primary example).

Anyway, my real point was not to discount the Bible as irrelevant in exploring meaning. Read the book of Ecclesiastes once. It's short, but it's a great read for anyone who has just touched that meaninglessness that sre2f posted about.

Be well

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: I need help. Shrooms took away my blissfull ignorance. I know the meaning of life and dont likt [Re: chessrook]
    #3512824 - 12/17/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

And your mind prepares for eventual ego death.  It is a beautiful thing :smile:.  Welcome to your first recognition of the ALL...  It is a beautiful thing.  You are a part of it.  You are a beautiful thing...

... we all shine in varying degreese of brightness and bands of light!

--------------------
delta9

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: I need help. Shrooms took away my blissfull ignorance. I know the meaning of life and dont likt [Re: delta9]
    #3513049 - 12/17/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: I need help. Shrooms took away my blissfull ignorance. I know the meaning of life and dont likt [Re: sre2f]
    #3513208 - 12/17/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sre2f said:

New outlook on life after tripping...

Let me give a little background first. Until about 1.5 years ago I use to be a rightwing conservative bible thumping super christian. I had been like this for 10 years. After thorougly (sp?) reading the bible numerous times, I decided that I had basically wasted the past 10 years of my life on the worst fiction novel (i use that term usely).

Now fast forward to when I tried shrooms about 3 months ago. Like I said before, it was the worst thing in my life, but also the greatest thing in my life. It opened my eyes and I found what life was about (for me anyway), the meaning of life parse...and that the meaning of life is that it has no meaning. And that is that as humans, as a soul, whatever, we are meaningless.

It was a major shock to me. Becaues even though I had let go of christianity, I had not let go of the the signifigance of life that christianity had taught me / lied to me. (I wish I could explain this more, but I am sure you guys know what I mean.)

It is just so hard for me to cope with going from being so important to being nothing.

I find that this is all I think about. I can barely function as a usefull person. All I think about is life and the lack of.

I wish for my days of blissful ignorance.

If life had no meaning then you would not even exist. Mushrooms can provide you with plenty of THOUGHTS, but that's all they are. Thoughts. Ever fading, ever self-deceiving, thoughts. You can't find answers about life through drug use, (sure you can have a good time.. some therapy through it) but you have to go out and LIVE to really see meaning.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3516042 - 12/18/04 01:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion. Western Christians are the ones that labled it a religion... but it is really the opposite... just like life, Zen is a GREAT COMPROMISE.

I suggest you click the link in my signature and then read Tim Leary's Psychadellic Experience... it is under ESSENTIAL LINKS.

Leary discovered that spirituality is essential to tripping, and he offers one way to look at your experience in a more positive light.

A must read... start with the introduction and see if it is something that would interest you.

:smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds