Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhr33k
Liberater

Loc: Eastern US
Yesterday was NOT fun.
    #3496956 - 12/14/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yesterday, I was arrested for the very first time. Whoo-hoo.
I was in school, it was lunch time, I only had one class left (that I wasn't planning to go to.. I love being a senior) so I decided to go sit in my car and burn one. I'd done this many times before with no problems whatsoever. So, I'm packing a bowl, about to light up, when I discover that the lil' fucker's clogged with resin. So, I'm sitting there, scraping out my piece, my weed sitting on the center console. Next thing I know, Mr. Beck, one the assistant principals is knocking on my driver's side window. Apparently, he was doing a sweep of the parking lot, looking for cars without parking permits. He saw lil' ol' me, and decided to investigate. Bad idea.
So, he calls up the school copwad on his walkie-talkie, they search my car (not so throughly, mind you.. if they looked a little harder, I would've been slapped with a pariphenilia charge as well) and I'm taken back inside to the office, and charged with possession of marijuana. Now, the gov't has my fingerprints on file, I'm looking at about a year of probation, maybe some community service, drug counselling, a few random drug tests, and five (maybe ten) days of school suspension. I fucked up. Big time.
I'm more than aware that I shouldn't have been doing such activities on school property, especially when I had the intentions of leaving.. but I had to wait around for my friend to get off school to I could drive her to work.
The only good thing about this whole situation is, my dad was beyond cool about it, which deffinately made things a little easier. My mom, on the other hand, just about had a nervous breakdown.
I have no idea how I'm going to get a job now. I owe $445 to my parents in car insurance/repairs, plus whatever fine I get slapped on me in court.
This whole thing is completely new to me, though. Anyone have any suggestions to make my experience even slightly tolerable?

--------------------
>>I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePat Bateman, VP
Dr. House's Inspiration
Female User Gallery

Loc: Inconceivable opulence
Re: Yesterday was NOT fun. [Re: Phr33k]
    #3496974 - 12/14/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you're a fucking idiot, just go across the street or to a park, that was fucking dumb, and you are an idiot, i hate to say it, but it is rather obviously displayed :3stooges: :imwithstupid:

:ninja:

--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3496982 - 12/14/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

go and get a part-time job to pay your folks back, smoke mad amounts of bud until the probation kicks in, and don't fucking smoke pot in public places. bad idea. oh, and i'm sending you a pm.check it.

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3497034 - 12/14/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

We've all done fucked up things before, and many of us have been busted. You unfortunately fall among the busted. So, now what to do?

If it were me, I'd call the DA's office and go get on my hands and knees and plead for a lesser charge. Assuming you have no record, the DA may do something for you. Hopefully you won't have to suck his dick to get his help. I don't know what you look like, but just go in clean cut and with some decent clothes (nice jeans at minimum, but preferably khakis and a polo style shirt- hell, put on a suit and tie if you have one) and set up an appointment to talk with him. If they see you are being sincere (which we both know you aren't, so you have to be convincing), they may just let you off the hook. Happens everyday.

Good luck.

OfflinePhr33k
Liberater

Re: Yesterday was NOT fun. [Re: Supernova]
    #3497086 - 12/14/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well, intelligentsia, that you kindly for your advice. Not like I haven't heard that shit for the past two fucking days.
Thanks, supernova. I was actually thinking about doing so, because I mean, it can't hurt, right? Right.

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3497167 - 12/14/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have a friend who is a prosecutor at the DA's office, and he'll tell you it definitely doesn't hurt to go in and admit you fucked up and ask for mercy. It's when you go in and try to make excuses that they'll slam you.

Yeah, I actually have a friend who works for the DA. We used to trip together. Not no mo.

OfflinePhr33k
Liberater

#3497185 - 12/14/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I figured as much.. excuses get you no where.

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3497216 - 12/14/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

LOL, i used to get high as hell with a few Public Defenders when i worked there.
public defenders are some of the coolest peeps around!

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#3497232 - 12/14/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

this will always be on your record unless you are still under 18. if you are still aminor, then your case will remain "sealed" that means that , when someone does a background check for a job, loan,etc. it won't come up, but if you are an "adult" then it's there forever.trust me on this. i couldn't work at fucking home depot because of it. no big loss there, but it will affect you, nonetheless. and yes, go pucker up to the da and he might buy it and this may keep you off probation. see ya later and good luck! :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3497250 - 12/14/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Why didn't you just drive away when the principal was knocking on your window?

Even if the cop knocked on my window I would have driven away.

Actually, the only way I wouldn't try and escape, would be if the cop was in a car.

You could have easily gotten away.

All you would have had to do was drive to your home, take the weed out of your car, hide it somewhere, and that would be the end of it.

They can't charge you for just seeing weed.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Yesterday was NOT fun. [Re: blissedout]
    #3497257 - 12/14/04 12:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm over 18, and on a program called "diversion", and the very purpose of it is that when I complete it, the charges against me will be dropped ('diverted') and never show up on my record.

Which is cool :cool:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Yesterday was NOT fun. [Re: lukeboots]
    #3497277 - 12/14/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What do you have to do for it?

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: Yesterday was NOT fun. [Re: MrBump]
    #3497287 - 12/14/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thecornking said:

yeah, but they are also some of the most lazy assholes around, too! i understand that they are pretty much doing the shit for free, but they don't help you out very much, if at all. :thumbdown:

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Re: Yesterday was NOT fun. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3497288 - 12/14/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oooopss.. I thought Heavy asked me what I did to get on this program, haha..

To get off the program, I had a list of "chores" to complete such as:

1) Attend Personal Counseling each week (I got out of this because the counselor I saw didn't think I needed it, and wrote me out of it)
2) Attend an A.A. meeting each week.
3) Complete an Out-Patient Treatment program (after I got a drug & alcohol evaluation)
4) 60 hours community service.
5) Attend a MADD Victim Panel and write a two page paper on it.
6) Attend Anger Management classes (wtf, I dont know why that was on there)
7) Attend "Life Decision Making Skills" classes.

There's been some other stuff too, like random UA's (d'oh!) and other problematic things.. but it'll be nice to be done, and hopefully I'm done by this Friday :cool:

--------------------

Edited by lukeboots (12/14/04 01:07 PM)

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3497292 - 12/14/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was arrested when I was 18 for shoplifting (what a dipshit thing to do). I plead no contest and spent 24 hours in the slammer. I also did community service. Part of the deal was that if I did my time and service, my record would be gone. I have no criminal record. I know this for a fact as I have access to databases that provide that information. No state or federal database contains info about my arrest or "conviction." Many judges are doing that now, and the DA can recommend it.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: Yesterday was NOT fun. [Re: lukeboots]
    #3497314 - 12/14/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jonnywax said:
I'm over 18, and on a program called "diversion", and the very purpose of it is that when I complete it, the charges against me will be dropped ('diverted') and never show up on my record.

Which is cool :cool:

i have heard of this, but haven't actually heard of happening to anyone. that's real cool! your sig rocks, too. i saw col. claypool's bucket of bernie brains in oct in atl. bad ass show! buckethead is a menace to the guitar.

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
    #3497336 - 12/14/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks  :mushroom2:

Agreed about Buckethead and Claypool's Bernie Brains. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3497395 - 12/14/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
Quote:

thecornking said:

yeah, but they are also some of the most lazy assholes around, too! i understand that they are pretty much doing the shit for free, but they don't help you out very much, if at all. :thumbdown:

LOL, no way!
they are not the laziest people around. the trial division i worked at required each attorney to pick up at least 275-300 cases a year. that includes murder, rape and other cases guarenteed to go to trial. most of the attorneys worked 12 hour days.
they aint gonna waste their time preparing for trial to help everyone arrested for possiession or petty theft. but theyre usually good at cutting halfway decent deals with DAs.
money talks in the justice system, if you have any...dont use a PD (obviously)
but dont rip them because theyre not johnny cochranes who will spend months preparing for your trial. :thumbdown:

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Yesterday was NOT fun. [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #3497410 - 12/14/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

intelligentsia said:
you're a fucking idiot, just go across the street or to a park, that was fucking dumb, and you are an idiot, i hate to say it, but it is rather obviously displayed :3stooges: :imwithstupid:

We've all smoked in a less than perfectly safe place before, and usually we all get away with it. If you have NEVER smoked somewhere where you could have been caught, then maybe this is a fair thing to say, but I doubt it.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#3497717 - 12/14/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

smoking pot at school is dumb. You're there to learn, and you can't learn as well stoned. If you're not learning, you're wasting your time. And don't blame parents for making you go.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale