Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Required dark cycle
    #3494490 - 12/13/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Do the mushrooms require a dark cycle? (24 hr light won't cut it?)

Edited by spliffmasta (12/13/04 09:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Required dark cycle [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3494606 - 12/13/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yes.

when pinning, i start with 12/12 and then after the pinset is done i switch it to 6/18.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Re: Required dark cycle [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3494645 - 12/13/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Dont they only need light to know which way is up? I don't believe that the mushroom uses the light or operates based off of it in any other fashion. If there is no change in heat or application of UV rays isn't the additional light just a waste of power if anything?

Offlinelargosnook
2 glassesicewaddawiddice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky
    #3494717 - 12/13/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

6 light or 6 dark?

Offlineiamgod
just some dudesome where

Loc: Crooklyn, New York
Re: Required dark cycle [Re: largosnook]
    #3494732 - 12/13/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

normal daytime light will suffice. keep it in a room with light. its good enough.

--------------------
If what you seek is truth then drugs can not offer truth. Drugs can offer the truth of drugs.......Altered states. Truth is not an altered state of mind. ~ Big Headed Nice Guy Who Loves You And Your Dog

http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Re: Required dark cycle [Re: iamgod]
    #3494750 - 12/13/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea but will they be fine with 24 hours a day

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3494771 - 12/13/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Imho, 12 on 12 off is about as close to nature as you can get.

12/12 is what my foaf uses.

--------------------

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Required dark cycle [Re: agar]
    #3494855 - 12/13/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thank you agar.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Required dark cycle [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3495819 - 12/14/04 03:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

id use less light more dark after pinning, 12/12 is fine till pinning. then id go so far as to say that 20 dark, 4 light would be optimal. as i think they favor to grow in the dark. no science just exp.

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
Re: Required dark cycle [Re: fresh313]
    #3496023 - 12/14/04 05:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Shrooms do not require any dark cycle at all. They can colonize just fine with lights on 24/7 and they grow just fine with lights on 24/7

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Required dark cycle [Re: bigslick]
    #3496046 - 12/14/04 05:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The ones my FOAF grew ALWAYS GOT LARGER during the DARK CYCLE. That says something. Is it not true there is not 24/7 light in nature? Shrooms combat contams & fruit in a natural nature setting. I think it is best to go with as close as possible to a natural light cycle.

This 124 gram EQ grew in a natural light cycle.

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
    #3496271 - 12/14/04 07:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

as always, why is agar the only one to post pics of mutant-monster-(little g) - o - d - like shrooms to back his shit up?

Lol, by the looks of things natural light aint just a beer

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3496281 - 12/14/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Remember the old saying ... "kept in the dark like a mushroom "?
In my exp I have noticed that most growth happens during the lites off phase of the lighting cycle .
12 on 12 off is what most do . I say min of 8, max of 12 lites on .
Mushies are not like plants in the sense that they require the lite for good growth , they only use the light so they know which way is up , and to get an idea of the seasonal changes around them .IMHO they go bannans when lite cycle is less than summer solstice which is 12\12 , I feel this is due to them knowing winter is coming and had better get producing the next gen for the following year .

So YES IMHO they do require a dark cycle .

Not a 124gm monster but still nice biggie , especially for a PESA !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (12/14/04 08:13 AM)

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Re: Required dark cycle [Re: tripndicular]
    #3496300 - 12/14/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Can anyone think of a battery operated, timed lighting system? I don't have a power source in the grow room.
I have a battery operated air pump that lasts 8 days on a set of batteries, I use rechargeables.
The reason I'm asking about darkness is because I was going was run some battery operated LEDs for my lights 24/7.

Edited by spliffmasta (12/14/04 08:28 AM)

Invisibletripndicular

#3496312 - 12/14/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No power to room huh .....?
Try building some sort of solar set up , toss in a timer .
That is assuming you live where the sun shines enough to recharge battery setup .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3496329 - 12/14/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

pretty pic trip...looks yummy. I think I can see it right now in a blender with cranberry juice and vodka....

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Required dark cycle [Re: ADoobie]
    #3496350 - 12/14/04 08:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanx , and yuukkkkkkk , pure unadulterated eating is my way  :wink:
Why ruin that awesome flavor with vodka and c-berry juice ?

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3496417 - 12/14/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hmmm...depends if you want to be drunk before you ____ and fall down the stairs

--------------------
ADoobie said:

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
    #3496571 - 12/14/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Those monsters are large becasue of the substrate they were grown on, not the light cycle. Your low light intensity, and less then optimal air exchange is responsible for the large stem to cap ratio.

Your cubensis are anything but natural looking. But they sure do look nice.

Light Intensity and quality is far more important then duration of the cycle with mushrooms. Indirect light on no particular cycle will result in mushrooms exactly like the ones grown above if they are EQ and grown on bulk substrate. The same substrate fruited in nature would result in very dense, short, large capped shrooms. Primarily due to light intensity combined with constant disturbance of the immediate boundary layer surrounding the surface of the shrooms. If this layer is constantly disturbed and humidity is high enough not to completely dry out the shroom everything happens FASTER. The larger the difference between internal substrate moisture content and the Air moisture content the faster the growth, up to the point where the gradient is to steep, and the mushroom just dries out.

Plants grow the same way. It is the water gradient between soil and sky. For shrooms, between shit and sky.

Light intensity and quality not duration.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Required dark cycle [Re: EonTan]
    #3496612 - 12/14/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If "intensity" is the key , explain why in the wild on forest floor they do so well . Most forests I have been in get very little intense lighting where mushies tend to grow , usually very diffused and filtered by trees .

Yes sub is major factor for agars mushies  :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags