Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Oregon
Taxonomy question for MJ
    #349589 - 06/26/01 10:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

MJ, could you fill me in on current description of the genus Hypholoma? I have seen this name used interchangeably with Naematoloma in reference to several common species (such as facsiculare). Are they in fact two separate and distinct genera, and if so what features qualify a species for membership in one or the other?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Taxonomy question for MJ [Re: Woodsman]
    #349674 - 06/27/01 12:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hi WOodsmen,

WEll they are very close to both Psilocybe ,Deconica and to naematoloma. The differneces are basically microscopic although I am not sure why. Most of my edible mushroom id books and the older clasifications are buried in storage.

But Psilocybe cyanescens form Holland were originally described in Europe by Maire as Hypholoma cyanescens and was at the time thought to be conspecific with Psilocybe serbica, wehich is actually a different species.

Maire also named Panaeolina foenisecii and some others and he has also described Hypholoma elongata, which is actually a non-hallucinogenic species Psilocybe elongata.

Give me a few weeks and asked me again and I will post more info.

I have been mental all day becasue I bought a new printer and it won't recognize the ports and a gierl in my building came up to try and install it and my computer would not work the rest of the day. I was just lucky to get on line right now.

i took out the modem and put in another and it would recognize it and I took it apart five times back and forth and then had to reboot the windows then it wouldn't come on to the desk top and then back apart again and I finally put in the old modem and it took 15 tries of the mems in the files to find the right modem for the one I had since it had no name.

Anyway, I do not know how long this will last. The printer is a farce and Kinkos is easier to print up the CD rom labels for my first CD rom of my art. 10001 images for $29.99 plus Washington State Tax.

have a shroomy day,

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification