Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Worrying news from the UK!!!!!!!!!!!
    #3495851 - 12/14/04 05:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Damn and blast, I can see where this is going....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,2763,1373088,00.html

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Worrying news from the UK!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3495866 - 12/14/04 06:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:sad: shitty.  hope it takes a turn for the better

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineboOM
Female User Gallery

#3495940 - 12/14/04 06:57 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

see, i fucking hate this, predicted it as well.

those people who try to capitalize from selling magic mushrooms are completely rediculous. vendors who are taking advantage of the loop in the law are making it shitty for those people who are just curious to grow/learn from magic mushrooms. i'm not saying that all the people who buy from these vendors are stupid (i'm sure there are some who have been enlightened by taking their first trip and respect mushrooms), but take for example one instance that i saw in camden.

i was on camden high st and just checking out one of the mushroom vendor's inventory. then two people came up to the vendor telling him that they were interested in purchasing some mushrooms and that it would be their first trip. fair enough the vendor suggested which mushrooms to take for their first trip and how much they should take each. then the question of "is it safe to take shrooms e and cocaine at the same time?" AND THE FUCKING VENDOR SAID YES. now in my opinion that's not the fucking right answer at all. ok i'm sure many of you guys have done combos of drugs with shrooms but when you are SELLING AN ITEM you don't at all suggest anything like that, it's not PROFESSIONAL. i was absolutely shocked by what this vendor had answered and told him that was fucking stupid to suggest it was safe to take a coctail of drugs to people who were going to trip for their first time.

and that is just one example of why mushroom vendors can give a bad wrap to the whole mushroom culture/image...at least in my opinion

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Worrying news from the UK!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: boO]
    #3496228 - 12/14/04 09:26 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

This is bad...

Chin up :smile:

Everythings gonna be ok!

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Worrying news from the UK!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: boO]
    #3496270 - 12/14/04 09:58 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Amen boO

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Worrying news from the UK!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: newusername222]
    #3496420 - 12/14/04 11:26 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I don't smoke tobacco, I don't drink alcohol or caffeine - all of these are processed, all are health risks - all in my opinion are government sanctioned drugs to entrap the populace into a perpetual upper/downer cycle of spiritually bereft docile acceptance.

I used to take all of the above - all they did was make me depressed and ill. None gave me peace of mind, none made me more spiritual, none helped me be creative and work towards self-improvement and clarity of spirit - but mushrooms have.

Mushrooms have changed my life so much for the better I see it as complete and total afront to my human rights that my decision to eat something natural should be seen as illegal.

It's really pissed me off this article.

All the government are gonna do if they make the laws more strident is raise interest in shrooms and make them a saleable item for drug dealers who aren't gonna give a shit about someone having a good trip.

Nowhere in any of the recent articles that have focussed on the prosecution of shroom sellers has anyone asked this one important question:

"Why are mushrooms becoming more popular?"

I feel that we are on the verge of a cultural shift - all of us that take shrooms are part of a seismic historical wave of people searching for a connection with something tangable in this increasingly dehumanising world. Sure shrooms can fun, but they're not an easy high - they're deep and spiritual, they're not about a simple pleasure principal, you have to work with them. We're not junkies, we're explorers

All of you who take mushrooms out there - I love you all - you have taken a larger journey towards understanding yourself and this insane thing called existence - we are humble travellers wanting harmony in the world.

Keep tripping everyone, no matter what, keep on the journey you're on, keep all three eyes open, someone has to.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
Re: Worrying news from the UK!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: newusername222]
    #3496575 - 12/14/04 12:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I can't access the article for some reason, but I bet it's in some way to do with the impending change in mushroom law in the uk.
They will be banned, it's only a matter of time. Ideally the shroom vendor should have experience of them, so he / she can advise as necessary. Also, legally, they are prohibitively expensive.
The same thing happens when naiive / ignorant / stupid people get hold of hallucinogens - something bad happens, the tabloids get hold of it, so they ban it.

--------------------
LURK

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3496625 - 12/14/04 12:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Apparently what those shops did was selling some mushrooms and some growkits with lame "instructions" focusing on how much to take and no store owner spoke of anything else apart from "giggles"...

No ,thank you sir,we do not need "giggles".We need the product to be sold with some bibliography,at least online sources where your customers can review it.We need to be told that it can be more than shits and giggles.

What those shops did form the start on was this : "Hey,we found a loophole in the law.So we are going to sell mushroom until someone stops us.No,we wont try to change anything,inform the public or restore mushrooms to the true place they hold,we are just gonna sell them mate,ok?"

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #3496676 - 12/14/04 01:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The UK it is not as much of a police state as the US, I think that you all should write letters to your MP's or to the home office, stating that you want an open dialogue as opposed to some sort of hysterical clampdown on magic mushrooms. If they get enough letters, maybe they will have to acknowledge the validity of your position. It seems to me that the UK needs to have a serious discussion of their policy towards substance use and abuse. There are a lot of major social problems because of alcohol abuse and it is a large public expense every weekend to police town centers and care for people who get sent to the hospital and jail for alcohol-related reasons. I do think that there is support for a more intelligent drug policy and if you do not let the issue get swept under the carpet by prohibitionists I think that there is surely hope and strength in the numbers of people who desire change.

OfflineboOM
Female User Gallery

#3496926 - 12/14/04 01:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub