Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Harmony
    #3493333 - 12/13/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I read a book once called "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley...you probably heard of him. In the book a man from another culture is brought into the mainstream society of that time. His morals and viewpoint differed from the majority. The government decided that this viewpoint might influence others and cause social change. In order to maintain harmony (and the status quo) they wantd to remove him from society. In the USSR they commonly removed people who upset the "harmony" to Siberian mental institutions to help them "get well" (read give in). Is harmony worth the absence of conflict and change? Is enforced harmony really harmony...or is it repression?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Harmony [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3493374 - 12/13/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president

Carter power will soon go away
I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school

California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay

California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California

Now it is 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede/denim secret police
They have come for your uncool neice

Come quitely to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower

Die on organic poison gas
Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will crack, you little clown
When you mess with President Brown

California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3493413 - 12/13/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

harmony is defined as agreement; accord, harmonious relations. other words that are synonyms of harmony include unity, peace, amity, and friendship.

harmony then would have flow to it. no force would be needed for harmony to flow. there is always balance.

repression...to keep under control..or in check.

so now to your question and what this post seems to be referring to (correct me if I'm mistaking of course). i like the comparison between with the USSR and A Brave new world, but it doesn't apply to this situation.

we have guildlines to keep the peace...so what do you call it when a person is disrupting the peace on purpose (ie continuously going against the guidelines)?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Harmony [Re: kaiowas]
    #3493428 - 12/13/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

so what do you call it when a person is disrupting the peace on purpose

What do you call it when someone has been accused of intentionally disrupting the peace and he is punished, even when there is no evidence for the accusations?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3493439 - 12/13/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Is definition of Harmony in the eyes of the many or the eyes of one.

Harmony requires many not one.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Harmony [Re: Phluck]
    #3493495 - 12/13/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A good one.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3493543 - 12/13/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, since you brought that up, I worked in the enforcement of OSHA safety standards during my time on a corporate fire department. If I had someone who was not in compliance I simply brought them into compliance. In 15 years I NEVER had to remove someone from site for the violation of safety standards. I simply gained their cooperation through good will. I knew guys who constantly flexed their authority...they could not get people to comply without raising total hell.
What I WAS refering to in this post was suppressing people's thoughts and opinions to maintain "harmony" not penalties for bad behavior as you assumed.

--------------------

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3493554 - 12/13/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Credit that song: Dead Kennedies

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

InvisibleGustavius
Stranger
Re: Harmony *DELETED* [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3493719 - 12/13/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Gustavius

Reason for deletion: should not have been a pawn

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Harmony [Re: Gustavius]
    #3493746 - 12/13/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

?

--------------------

Edited by Fucknuckle (12/13/04 09:58 PM)

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3493765 - 12/13/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"What I WAS refering to in this post was suppressing people's thoughts and opinions to maintain "harmony" not penalties for bad behavior as you assumed."

clever, but when one is involved with another...say as in a penalty that is supressing people's thoughts and behaviors (such as a ban), then that's where I made the assumption.

I got here and I see all of your concerns in the WAF forum, unfortunately the thread was locked for some reason or another.

so tell me... what was this post really referring to

and if you know the answer, tell me how is this helping/keeping the peace?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #3493776 - 12/13/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleGustavius
Stranger
Re: Harmony [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3493837 - 12/13/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i am not sure how I shoudl feel too be compard to such a cynical man but if those were you're quotes then I aplogize. i asked one member what was going on and he sent me that list. i will bud out now and try to wach and learn.  :blush:

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3493854 - 12/13/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

?

--------------------

Edited by Fucknuckle (12/13/04 09:59 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3494439 - 12/13/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"say as in a penalty that is supressing people's thoughts and behaviors (such as a ban)"

Not quite my meaning...how can one express themselves when one feels under such scrutiny that at someone's whim they can be removed for little more than disagreement? I would prefer to remove myself in that case. The events here have been childishly entertaining...but childish regardless. I keep the company of adults, thank you. Goodbye.

--------------------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#3494839 - 12/13/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

so what do you call it when a person is disrupting the peace on purpose

Just to point out the obvious: The biggest disruption of peace I have ever seen was caused by banning a longstanding and highly respected member of the community.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3495287 - 12/14/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Repression.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder