Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security
    #3493750 - 12/13/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index575.htm

For those of you too lazy to read (I would be too):

The article is about the National ID cards that are going to be implemented sometime in the future. It will require the data of US citizens (obvious suspects of terror!) to be put in databases on computers along with BIOMETRIC data that can be freely accessed by the government. It puts Homeland Security in charge of National ID cards as well as driver's licenses.

The Constitution is being RIPPED to SHREDS.

Read. Comment.

--------------------

Edited by ld50negative1 (12/13/04 07:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3493786 - 12/13/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Pffft...Who needs that pesky 10th Amendment anyway? :rolleyes:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security [Re: silversoul7]
    #3493814 - 12/13/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

These are the times that really make you think twice about all of those conspiracy theories...

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3494070 - 12/13/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man, where in the Constitution does it say the government is supposed to be a pension plan for retirees? This is as new as 1938.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3494159 - 12/13/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

10th amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

------------

This is much bigger than a mere retirement pension plan.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3494164 - 12/13/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

we already have national ID cards. have since the 30's. thank you roosevelt. we'll be getting new and improved ones if nationalized healthcare ever comes to be.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security [Re: ]
    #3494197 - 12/13/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's not so much the card as much as it is this:

Quote:

Utilizing The Department of Homeland Securities centralized federal database, Banks and credit card companies will only require the presentation of a citizens Driver?s License to make purchases as all of the persons financial information, including credit and cash balances, will already be known in ?real time?. (The combining of Homeland Security and Banking databases on citizen?s balances and purchases, along with their past and present purchasing information, has been allowed under previous Federal Laws including the Patriot Act.)

--------------------

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #3494609 - 12/13/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I defy anybody here to claim the Patriot act isn't a pile of bureaucratic authoritarianism. This kind of garbage is a testament to the fact.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3494691 - 12/13/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The government is your friend. If you don't believe me, just ask anyone creating the laws, enforcing the laws, judging the laws, working in the prison system, anyone benefiting form asset forfeiture laws or anyone else employed in any one of the numerous bureaucracies.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3494768 - 12/13/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the New Freedom :thumbup:

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security [Re: usefulidiot]
    #3494808 - 12/13/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the New World Order.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Liberty on the decline in exchange for temporary and superficial security [Re: Autonomous]
    #3494945 - 12/13/04 10:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not saying bureaucracy shouldn't exist, if thats what you assume. And I don't place a benevolence for the greater good on law enforcement (nor would I expect that or take their word for it) or the prison system. Thay are working a career and nothing else. Gov jobs are juicy and reliable paychecks and I don't blame them. Once they assume that the word of their state/employer trumps all else though then they cease being a citizen and become a piece of infrastructure like a highway or squad car.

National ID cards giving the gov access to all your information and privacy is the government promoting itself for itself under the guise of bettering the masses. While they bloat the bureaucracy they increase their power. Once in power (a person, party or bureaucracy) it seems like the best way to control everything within a state is to bolster your control (bureaucracy) or servailence over the actions of your citizens. Maybe they aren't maliciously trying to control your lives for evil reasons; and while they may believe themselves to be doing the best for the public; they don't deserve unlimited access to your information due to the extreme possiblity of it being abused or misused by one perspective of the one in power. Checks and balances are required and the foundation of this republic and they are in place to assure the government can't abuse its power. The constitution was written out of mistrust of the governemt.

Faith is earned not given. This governmet has yet to earn my faith in giving them this information and assume that they and the future tenents of power won't abuse it. The government isn't my or your friend at all. It is a tool

PS. Not to generalize but the majority of prison guards/personal I've been in contact with are pieces of shit....small town vindictive retards who are in a shitty situation and can't properly handle it. IMO of course and has nothing to do with this conversation....

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order