Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .?
    #3492925 - 12/13/04 07:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

What is your opinion? Are shrooms both good and bad for your mind/brain in different ways?

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3492994 - 12/13/04 07:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

good at times and bad at times. All i can say is know your limits.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3493005 - 12/13/04 07:44 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well when you indulge in mushrooms, you are adding a toxin/poisen to your body in order to ' trip'.  When used in moderation, physically, i think there isnt a caution.

As far as the mental conditions, I believe that lies within the individual.  Psillies have done wonders for my mind and mental perception and steps to spiritual guidance!

It all lies within the individual :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3493037 - 12/13/04 07:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

But is it really a toxin in such small doses?

Lots of things are a poison when you take too much at once, even water. Psilocybin shows no signs of toxicity at normal doses.

However, negative trips can certainly have the potential of being horrific and scarring. So under some conditions they can be bad.

Under the right conditions they can be motivating and insightful.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3493149 - 12/13/04 08:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

tox?in ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tksn)
n.
A poisonous substance, especially a protein, that is produced by living cells or organisms and is capable of causing disease when introduced into the body tissues but is often also capable of inducing neutralizing antibodies or antitoxins.

tox?ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tksk)
adj.
Of, relating to, or caused by a toxin or other poison: a toxic condition; toxic hepatitis.
Capable of causing injury or death, especially by chemical means; poisonous: food preservatives that are toxic in concentrated amounts; a dump for toxic industrial wastes. See Synonyms at poisonous.

n.
A toxic chemical or other substance.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3493186 - 12/13/04 08:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Psilocybin does not produce disease nor does it produce physical ailments. It could cause you to have indigestion or the trots depending on your metabalism and food intake for the day in question.
Psilocybin is very strong stuff however to the mind of mankind and to the spirit (to one's inner energy).
I would think it prudent to let fungi be a very, very, very rare thing to experience. Some try it once in their life and that's more than enough. Some like it once a year, some even less.
If in doubt, don't.
If you want your world rocked and need a new experience to escape the mundaneness of life, consideration could be made.
Either way, one can only advise you in the end to listen to the voice within (the good one).

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3493535 - 12/13/04 09:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

All i can say is ive met people who just couldnt handle shrooms trips. Their minds are so wrapped up in the materialistic world that they could let their egos dissapear.

I usually tell people who have not done shrooms or cannabis. To smoke cannabis and see how they like it. If they like it and become familiar with psychedelics than they should try psilocybin.

Some people just cant integrate their high.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
    #3493573 - 12/13/04 09:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I believe they teach me how to live, good little helper spirits

good and bad are such misleading labels, most everything is inheritently gray with a silver lining

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3494120 - 12/13/04 10:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Your nice informitive post may prove by defintion that Psilocybin is not a Poison. But Our bodies do try to regect it. That is why we get sick in our bellies sometimes. In that sense it is a toxic substance.

But in reguards to the first poster. Shrooms can be a bad thing when used more than once in a week. The hangover can last for days when used a couple times in a row. The mind also can be effected for days. The few times I used shrooms heavly a few days in a row I suffered from visual problems for a week. When I was using Shrooms every week for an entire summer. It took almost 5 months before I was normal again.

I would say treat them like a freind you only see a couple times a year. Give them much respect and they will respect you :heart:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineDeepDish
Stranger
Re: Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3494759 - 12/14/04 12:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

]Your nice informitive post may prove by defintion that Psilocybin is not a Poison. But Our bodies do try to regect it. That is why we get sick in our bellies sometimes. In that sense it is a toxic substance.

I think you mean to say nauseating substance. Nauseating and toxic are not interchangable.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3495733 - 12/14/04 04:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It could cause you to have indigestion or the trots depending on your metabalism and food intake for the day in question.

Even that's debateable. I've heard people say that when they've taken strong extract they've had no such problems, so it could likely be some other compound in the mushrooms causing the gut problems.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .? [Re: Phluck]
    #3498268 - 12/14/04 06:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

true.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
    #3498603 - 12/14/04 06:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I always thought the stomach upset was from dosing too soon after eating. Though, I have read somewhere on this site that both tryptamines and PEAs cause nausea.

--------------------

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3509160 - 12/16/04 04:44 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Abuse is bad. Overuse is abuse.

As far as using them, the person will gain from them if that's what their intent is. Otherwise, they may just have a good time, get off, or whatever and there be no impact at all after the trip.

I hope that my use of shrooms makes me a better person. Sometimes I use them to get off and have a good time. I don't really learn much from those experiences, but they don't hurt me mentally, physically, or otherwise.

Sometimes I use them as a tool for mediation, to focus on a problem and overcome it, or for other good purposes. In those instances, I'd have to say they have been good for me.

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Shrooms: Good or bad for your mind, physically and mentally. . .? [Re: newusername222]
    #3512225 - 12/17/04 04:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

All things in moderation. if you overuse anything it becomes bad.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being