Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Explain a shroom trip
    #3492276 - 12/13/04 06:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have a question about the stages of a mushroom trip. I have tripped five times, and each time my experience seems similar.

My trips seem to consist of two separate phases. The first phase which lasts about the first two hours is intense, insane, and out of this world. I feel a mindfuck and am being tossed here and there by random thoughts and intense emotions. It can be so intense that later I think, "My god, how did I get through that?"

It seems like somewhere around the two hour mark there is an abrupt transition to a completely different headspace. The crazy visuals begin to subside and become much more subtle. I lose that sense of crazy confusion and my head feels very clear. The intensity of the trip reduces drastically, almost to the point of disappointment that I'm no longer in that zany and twisted world of the mushroom.

In some respects I almost feel like I'm back to normal reality. It seems as if I only really 'trip' for maybe the first two and a half hours. Obviously I'm still altered, but it seems highly reduced.

Last night my partner and I made the jump from 2 grams to 3 grams. I was all hyped and excited because I thought I would really really trip. And trip my partner did. I've never been around someone who is tripping hard, and I was somewhat scared at times. He eyes were wild and wide. He would sigh and gasp and groan. He would gasp, "Whoooooaaaaa........Inteeeeeeeense.......Duuuuude......" and then laugh hysterically. He would jump into the air and shout random things. He had real difficulty in communicating at times.

Afterwards he really surprised me. He never talks much about deep or profound things in regards to his own life. We have been soulmates for 5 years and when he begin to say that he had confronted a dark side of himself and how he was forced to confront himself, I had never heard him say things like that. It was vaguely disconcerting because he said it was so intense and what he "saw" almost scared him. When I asked him if he wanted to do mushrooms again, he hastily said, "Not very soon," but at the same time he said he had a good time.

See, I've never been around someone who is tripping or who has had an intense trip. All of this took place for three or four hours. When he was just getting started I was already feeling quasi-normal. I spent a lot of the time feeling jealous because this is how I want to trip sometime. I read about Level 3 trips and want to experience some of those things for myself.

Am I unique in how I react to mushrooms or is what I've described pretty much how they go kind of in stages? Am I just not taking enough? I have so far dithered in the 1.5 to 2 gram range. Last night I took 3 grams and I must admit that while I was flying, I learned what it means to have your mind blown. Looking into the toilet and seeing the water and then again once while watching "Fantasia 2000" I truly experienced what it means to have your mind blown. I'll never use that expression again lightly. It is something to behold when you are so awed and amazed and something becomes so fantastic that it is beyond human comprehension and you sit there and gawk.

Anyway, this is kind of rambling but I'd like to hear some general discussion. I guess I was expecting so much out of this trip since I upped the ante with the dosage. All in all, I don't feel like I came out of it with anything. There were no real revelations or lessons. It was fun, but shortlived. I don't mean to disrespect the mushroom, but I was kind of disappointed for the dosage I took. Is it possible I'm tripping or approaching it in the wrong way, or is each trip just that much different?

Do I need to up the dosage some more, or is it something that just happens when it happens and you have to wait until it's your time?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Surrealist
Dreamer

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Explain a shroom trip [Re: Tranceport]
    #3492623 - 12/13/04 06:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

My experiences have been quite similar to yours - an intense trip for the first 1.5-2 hours (so much sometimes that i cannot stand up), then a different stage, which is much more mellow.
If you don't feel you are getting enough out of them, try upping the dosage. Personally, I never do less than 4 grams unless I can't get that much for some reason or another. Under 4 grams just doesn't seem worth it to me. Another thing that seems to help is also merely the number of times you have done them. With each trip, it seems to get better and better, as if your body has to accept and get used to them before it will let you experience their full potential. For me, I had to wait until my 5th time before I got what I would consider an actual "trip." For my friend (who seems to have a high tolerance to all drugs, ie: 1 cap of E is like an anti-depressant) he had to wait until his 7th or 8th time before he got a good trip.

--------------------

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

Re: Explain a shroom trip [Re: The_Surrealist]
    #3492997 - 12/13/04 07:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the "not worth it" thing really doesn't hold too much water as far as low doses are concerned, even though i kind of agree with your logic. a lot people have had life-altering trips on less than a gram. the first time i tripped, i had some wet cubies, what would've been equivalent to about 7 grams dried, and didn't really trip that hard. the second time, it was around an eighth of dried cubies and i experienced a complete mindfuck, so more isn't necessarily better (although i will concede that it certainly can be and usually is).

i would agree that trips go in stages; experiences of all kinds and with all drugs go in stages. if you're really looking to break into the other side, wait a while for your tolerance to go back down, don't eat anything all day, and then take a large amount of mushies, say, between 5 and 10 grams dried. you'll trip pretty hard if they're decent mushrooms.
also, if you're seeking revelations and the like, you might not get them. you have to go into the trip expecting nothing in order to get "something." people who trip with expectations usually have bad or otherwise disappointing trips. just let the mushroom do its thing, don't try and guide it. a friend coached me through that during a trip before...he just kept saying: "let go...let go." and that's really all there is to it. let go of all the expectations, assumptions, past experiences, hopes, fears, and ultimately reality. this is, in my opinion, the key to having a really good trip.

(plus, a higher dosage just might help things out. again, shoot for 5-10 g dried.)

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Explain a shroom trip [Re: twilight715]
    #3493192 - 12/13/04 08:10 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Some people trip for 8 hours, some people trip for 3 hours. Some people trip harder then others. Some people find it hard to trip at all. A lot has to do with your matabolisim and your sensitivity to the shrooms.

Another factor to consider, when you trip it takes time to assimilate into your new world. That's why it feels so crazy the first few hours and not so crazy after that. You're mind starts to assimilate to your experience.

Each trip is different. Of all the times I tripped, I don't think I ever had two similar trips. I mean not even close. Some things may become repetitive, and by saying that I mean the activities you engage yourself in, but even in the repetitiveness, each experience is different.

IMO, you shouldn't look to get anything out of mushrooms. Just take them to have fun. If you get anything out of the trip besides having fun, then that's a bonus. You really can't guide where the shrooms are going to take you, but with some experience, you'll learn to manipulate you're emotions and experiences.

For now, I suggest you stick with you're current dosage. Don't do anything crazy and jump into the realm of 4 or 5 grams yet. The actual gap between 2 and 3 grams isn't THAT huge, but between 3 and 4 is really big. And 4 and 5 is even bigger.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

Re: Explain a shroom trip [Re: djd586]
    #3493221 - 12/13/04 08:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, i've reconsidered my dosage advice. i tend to have a higher tolerance for mushies than most other people, so perhaps 5-10 isn't a good idea if you've only dabbled in the 1-3 range. i wouldn't advise any more than 5g for a while, but i still think that 5g wouldn't be too much.

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
    #3493491 - 12/13/04 08:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for your replies. It's helped me and given me a new perspective. I have always taken baby steps when I try new chemicals. I prefer to wade in instead of jumping in head first.

For that reason I don't plan on doing anything heroic. I'm going to stick with the 3 gram dosage for several more trips. I know that the previous trip where I took 2 grams was much more intense than this time, so I'm inclined to believe it's not a function of how much you take.

You are all also correct when you suggest that I not look for or expect anything. All of the "big" moments I've had on mushrooms have been out of the blue when I've just gone into the trip not expecting anything. This time I sat around just waiting for it, and it never came.

Again, I just want to say that I really appreciate you guys. Besides my partner, I do not know anyone who is a space voyager, so this is really my only sounding board. All of this is new to me, and even though I've read volumes I still have a lot to learn.

I think I'll wait about two months and have another trip without any expectations.

Offlinezachwass2000
Noob
Loc: Bay Area
    #3493514 - 12/13/04 08:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

my last (and second ever) trip seemed to go like that too, just less intense. I took an eighth and started smoking a couple blunts. within 15 minutes i could feel that something was definitely happening. by 45 minutes i was tripping but not really seeing anything. i was lying down on the slide of a play structure and it felt like the slide was eating me. that was actually a nice feeling, being eaten by the slide. i ended up walking with my friends to a park that was like a mile and a half away but then at about 3 hours in i just stopped tripping. my head got really clear and everything felt like more normal than it ever was. i think if after another trip on an eighth i dont get good visuals i may double my dose the next time.

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: Explain a shroom trip [Re: zachwass2000]
    #3499852 - 12/14/04 09:49 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've never taken less than 3.5g to trip, but the way I see it, I only like to do mushies once in a while (maybe 3-4 times in a year) but trip hard. I remember my second time doing shrooms I took ~5g and did great. It feels like I'm cheapening my experience with mushrooms if I take them too often. They're very good for turning to the next page in my life.

How are you taking your mushrooms? Are you making tea, eating it straight, chocolates? Are they ground-up or anything? How long are you waiting between each trip? These things might have an effect on your reaction to mushrooms, too.

My advice for getting the most out of shrooms...use sparingly, be respectful of them (I mean don't do it because there's nothing else to do and make sure you don't take shortcuts like "we can do it at so and so's place...their parents won't be home for 7 hours"), and eat at least an 1/8th.

--------------------

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Re: Explain a shroom trip [Re: PoC]
    #3514575 - 12/17/04 07:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm 30 years of age and my soul mate and tripping partner is 39. As far as a comfortable, secure home setting we couldn't ask for a more beautiful place. We generally tear the mushrooms into smaller pieces and then chew them up with white or dark chocolate bars.

I have had five mushroom trips in the space of probably six months. During the last trip I went into it with some loss of respect for the mushroom, the same thing as has begun to happen with MDMA.

I underestimated the power of the trip. It's only in the following days that I realise how powerful it was. I didn't even realise it at the time, but it ripped open my psyche and brought some old things to the surface. There are definitely some doors of perception that have opened up, and I have a lot of new things to contemplate before I take mushrooms again.

Before I had theoretical respect for the mushroom, now I have a much deeper spiritual and practical respect.

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: Explain a shroom trip [Re: Tranceport]
    #3514673 - 12/17/04 07:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Depends on the potency. If u tripped on 7g and it sucked, they were probably more mature. If you trip on 1.5g they were probably young.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience