Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesre2f
Stranger
Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad.....
    #3489897 - 12/13/04 06:03 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This was probably my own fault.

I was with 5 people, one was my best friend, the other was a casual friend and the rest I didnt like at all.

I took about 5 grams If I recall correctly.

About 30 minutes into it I started tripping hard. For no reason I was sort of freaking out. We smoked a bowl, i do so to try and mellow out (at this point I was still a little in touch with reality). We then stopped smoking and thought the house was on fire because we forgot that we smoked a bowl. We started freaking out and it all goes down hill from there (luckily my best friend puked is up).

note: everyone else was tripping fine except me...(well, except for this one guy who ended up downtown at a gay bar....)

I then thought that I shit my pants. I knew that I hadnt, but it was weird. I kept convincing my self that I had.

We were w/ a black guy and in my mind I just kept wanting to say racist shit to him...At this point, I am still hanging to reality by a thread...I decide it would be best to go and try and sleep. Partly because I thought I smelled like and shit, and partly because I thought I might start saying racist shit to my friend.

Well I then go into the bedroom and get on the top bunk (for some reason I do not know). This is when reality is fucking gone for 4 hours.

My shirt that I was wearing attacked me and tried to eat me. It took me 10 minutes to wrestle it off of me. Then individual strands of fabric of the bed were trying to suck me into the bed. Once that is over I spend 2 hours crawling away from the edge of the bed becasuse I was afraid I was going to fall off. I hear a door open and closing 5 times a second every second for 2 hours. I nearly pull my dick off because I think it fell off and Im trying to make sure it is there. For the final hour that I am trying to sleep, I hear my friends having numouers conversations. I then walk out to find only my best friend, and that the other guys I heard had left 2 hours ago.

At this point though I am finally comfortable bcause it is just me and my best friend and I know that worst case scenario he can just tie me down until I come down. (because I had thought about suicide because the trip was so bad)

For the first few minutes we were there I felt like everything was going to be ok, and then I started freaking out again. And the weird thing is, the whole time I knew I was making myself have a bad trip but I just couldnt stop it.

The worst part was that I kept feeling like I had come down and then all of the sudden..BOOM...the covers are crawling all over me.

I finally call my girlfriend. It takes her an hour to get there (this is at 2 in the morning..she wasnt happy). She is comforting for about 10 minutes and then I start losing it again.

I wanted to hug her so bad, but I was afraid I would hurt her because I had no concept of how much pressure I would exert on her. This is because I bit my thumb as hard as I could and could not feel it. Thus I was afraid that if I hugged her a little, I could actually be squeezing her really hard.

And then like that, like a light was switched, it was finally all over....

The weird thing is, although it was the worst experience of my life...I do not regret it.

And back to my original subject. I want to do it again, but dont want to have a bad trip..

--------------------
....and that was when I knew it would be a bad trip, the bed was tieing me to the bed and my shirt started to eat me..............and just like that it was over, as if nothing had happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnyColor
Stranger ThenBeans

Loc: Still Somewhere
Re: Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad..... [Re: sre2f]
    #3489979 - 12/13/04 06:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes your initial mental state, current events in your life, and whatever stress you are under can just explode in your face when you take mushrooms, and you have a bad trip because of it. There are a couple of things that you might want to try in the future. First of all if I feel the onset of a bad trip or that my trip is turning in a bad direction, I like to just change my atmosphere or better yet find some music that I really enjoy listening to. *shrug* I don't know, I always find that music can turn around any trip depending on what you are listening to and how much you like it. I never really recommend tripping without some music that YOU like close by, even if you are on a camping trip trip :smile: I always like to have at least a walk-man available if I need it.

Also, you say that you noticed that your trip felt like it was going bad from the very start. I know what you mean and it sucks. Usually its due to bad mental preperation or bad setting. I always like to be doing something really fun or amusing right after I consume, or at least watch a funny movie or something. Laughing and smiling are great ways to get a good vibe going, and if you get a good vibe early, it'll be more difficult to lose it later.

Since you want to do shrooms again but are scared, I would suggest waiting at least a few monthes before you trip again. Being afraid to trip is a great way to set yourself up for another bad trip. Time will dull your fear and sharpen your desire.

--------------------
"Its Like a Koala Bear Crapped a Rainbow in my Brain"

Edited by AnyColor (12/13/04 06:45 AM)

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3489985 - 12/13/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

wow man, you need to chill out. i think 5 grams was way too much for a first timer...try 2.5 next time. and make sure you are not around people you don't like, that'll make you uncomfortable every time. so your first mistake was taking too much, secondly, you shouldn't have stayed in that situation in the bedroom freaking out. when things go downhill, the best solution is to remove yourself from the situation. going for a walk, is the best thing for me,  or when you feel that negativity creeping up your spine, just shut your eyes and take deep breaths, remind yourself that it is the shrooms that are doing it and it's perfectly normal. most of all you need to be around people you completely trust and are comfortable with though. and finally, just let it flow. don't try to fight whatever is happening, even if you don't like it. chances are it will run it's course and you'll end up becoming occupied with something very entertaining if you just let the trip lead you there. hope this doesn't stop you from trying it again, cause they can be a wonderful experience. read up a little more on the experience and go for it again on a lower dose, i think you will be fine. good luck man! :peace: :mushroom2:

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad..... [Re: Hendostan]
    #3490017 - 12/13/04 07:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you had a bad trip and want to do it again, wait until you have a good trip :thumbup: :laugh:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad..... [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3490664 - 12/13/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if you'd had some niacinamide on hand (a form of vitamin B3) you could have taken 250 mg & slowed things down a considerable bit, maybe...

(& 5 grams ---> sheeeesh, you could done 2.5 gm & still had "too much, man...")

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineTylerF
Stranger
Re: Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad..... [Re: gnrm23]
    #3491498 - 12/13/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah man. Wow, I've never done 5 grams and I've had many mushroom experiences. That was way too much. I'd even recommend dropping down to like 1.75 grams (a half 8th if that's how you do it). And even on that much, I've had really terrifying trips. Anyway, a lot of beginners seem to get it in their heads that you need to trip behind closed doors with the lights dim. For me, this is the exact opposite of my ideal trip. All of my best trips have been outdoors in broad daylight. And whatever happens, if you start to get uncomfortable, change the situation. It can be as simple as turning on a light. But whenever I trip, I tend to "remember" how I felt in certain places and I'll always feel that way as long as I am in that place. For example, my bedroom with provoke a certain feeling, my porch will provoke another feeling, etc. And if I get a negative feeling in, say, my bedroom. Then leave and come back, the negative feeling will come back. So just keep trying on different environments until you find one you like.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #3491502 - 12/13/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yep, you're right about this one, its totally your fault.
Shrooming for the first time with 5g
With 3 people you didnt like at all
And you smoke pot to mellow the trip :laugh:

Lesson learned, respect the shrooms.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3491575 - 12/13/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like it could have been a cool trip had you 1) gotten with different people or alone from the start and 2) went to the bathroom and convinced yourself you hadn't shit on yourself.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad..... [Re: Supernova]
    #3491633 - 12/13/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hope you learned your lesson my friend.

This is my suggestion to you since you wanna trip again;

Don't trip for a few months, wait until the fear and anxiety you get from thinking about the shroom experience is alot less.

Now, when you feel good and in the mood for shrooms, set a date for you to do it where you have no deadlines to meet, and nothing really to worry about.  Set time aside for it, wait till like March break or something.

When you do the shrooms and start coming up and if you begin to get those scary feelings, just remember that it's all in your mind, and that it is not real.  Tell yourself "I'm on shrooms, I'm on shrooms, I can handle it, just go with it, there's nothing to br worried about, everything is OK... and so on."

Having thoughts like these will help keep your mind from wandering, and I guarantee that if you are strong, brave and not afraid of what the shrooms are showing you that you will be repaid with the most amazing spiritual trip of your life! (If you take a good dose like 3-4 grams.)

If you don't want to trip as hard as before, just pop like 2 grams to get the feel for them again, and that If you do begin to have anxious and scary feelings, you should be able to handle them like a troop if you just keep your mind in the right place!  :wink: :thumbup: :sun: :mushroom2:

The most important thing here is that you are in a comfortable and safe setting.  Don't be around people you don't like and be only around your tight friends  :smile:.

Hope this helps!! and remember that you are feeling werid because you ate Magic Mushrooms!! Go with the flow, there is nothing to worry about  :laugh: :laugh: :heart:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (12/13/04 02:18 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3492123 - 12/13/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Holy.. Wow!

Much great things were said by the others so let me get into other stuff.

Quote:

I then thought that I shit my pants. I knew that I hadnt, but it was weird. I kept convincing my self that I had.

When the time comes: shit your pants! This is an obvious control issue and it can be expected you might get this peculiar sensation again. If so, cease to care and Just Let Go if you have to.
Some people get nauseous, others sweat like in a sauna, others are afraid to faint or pee themselves and again others flee into the sense of having shat themselves. It's all good :thumbup:

Quote:

We were w/ a black guy and in my mind I just kept wanting to say racist shit to him(...)and partly because I thought I might start saying racist shit to my friend.

Again this is an issue where you are afraid to lose self control. Instead of filthy on the outside you felt filthy on the inside. That's the progression of those he-man 5 grams pounding through your ego defenses, first physical, then mental as it closes in on your innermost self.

Sidenote: you have got racism issues. This is only natural, but use some of your time to do some soulsearching and find the roots of it in your life, your surroundings, and culture at large. Now don't feel guilty but you first pull up a racial divide "We were w/ a black guy" with you on the opposite side and only later identify him as your friend. Don't feel personal guilt, but you're raised in a racist culture and like anyone you need to spend some quality time to unlearn this automatic thinking.
If you were a racist at heart you wouldn't beven have found this worthy of mention so don't fear what you mght find.

As the Trip pierces your social defenses you seek out isolation and in the privacy of the bedroom the trip goes fullblown Akira on your ass :grin:

With the trip now from your body, past your social self INTO your consciousness you found reality to be slippery as fuck. Everything that always had been solid and trustworthy suddenly was wobbly and questionable. And it freaked you out. You were Alice in Wonderland but contrary to Alice you were frantic and desperate to find the rabbithole out of that madness again.

Tripping is always a lesson in having TRUST and letting go :heart:
You lacked the Trust, you dared not let go and that's why the bad trip persisted. You had no control and God had gone mad and it was the worst thing that ever happened to you.
But know that that "worst thing" was your fear and not the trip per se. You spent alot of time worrying what would happen next, felt highly unsafe not because what was, but what might just happen.
You were afraid to Trust and let go and that is just OK.

Dude: you really REALLY took way too much. Not that you were poisoned, but you couldn't cope with the intensity of the amount you took. It is comparable to locking an arachnophobic into a port-a-loo, taking the roof off and emptying out a thrashcan full of tarantulas over him.
It was way too much for you to feel comfortable with.

I'd say you should wait a good 2 months or so (most here wait that long) and take one gram on a totally empty stomach. For most people this can be handled with a fair amount of ease but it still can go wild on you, it's just far less likely to do so then 5 grams are.

I have used 12 grams dried.
I have had over 100 trips in about 11 years.

Nowadays I dose in the 0.25-2gr range, and more often then not in the 0.5-1gr range. (yup: 5-10x less then you did) I find it can take me ANYWHERE if I just let go, including fully out-of-body into another realm. I have trained my mind, not upped my dosages.

I strongly suggest that you click the link BEST TRIPPING MANUAL in my sig, download the PDF and print that book, it is solid gold and will reassure you a great deal. It's called "Handbook for bthe Therapeutic Use of LSD" and will educate you beyond 9/10 trippers' knowledge.

You had a normal trip for someone who took more then he could handle so have no fear insanity has struck.

Welcome to the SHROOMERY, feel free to take a whole ounce of THAT :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #3492172 - 12/13/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

All the points have been covered here, but I really do stress to be in a good mood befor you ingest. watch south park or something that makes you smile, shroom really do pick up the vibes you put out.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad..... [Re: Stonerguy]
    #3494963 - 12/13/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lose your preconceptions of what hallucinogens do to you and give yourself to the mushroom goddess, she will welcome you warmly!

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineMushtron
stranger danger
Male

Loc: Flag
    #13126445 - 08/30/10 09:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You could also try dosing your shrooms over a longer period of time.

Start with one gram in a chill and positive environment, then after two hours or so when you feel like you are riding along pretty well, you can pop another gram or two.

I don't really like this method myself, but I know a few buddies that prefer to "moderate" their trip this way.

And to reiterate the importance of a few points already mentioned...
Change your frame of mind about what this experience should be, be in a comfortable place and go with the flow.:cool:

Offlinethelegend0210
Stargazer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad..... [Re: Mushtron] * 1
    #13126822 - 08/30/10 10:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mushtron said:
You could also try dosing your shrooms over a longer period of time.

Start with one gram in a chill and positive environment, then after two hours or so when you feel like you are riding along pretty well, you can pop another gram or two.

I don't really like this method myself, but I know a few buddies that prefer to "moderate" their trip this way.

And to reiterate the importance of a few points already mentioned...
Change your frame of mind about what this experience should be, be in a comfortable place and go with the flow.:cool:

You do realize this thread is 5yrs old?

--------------------
"We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience."

My level 5 trip report
...After this it became clear to me that, behind the thin veil of the Human ego, all Reality, and this whole life, is a never ending mystical experience. The Universe is but a cosmic being exploring itself, learning about itself and enjoying its own existence through all creatures, and all things, in an infinite dance of Life, and like a fractal tendril you are a minute part of it, and you are All of it...

OfflineMushtron
stranger danger
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Had a terrible first trip, want to do it again, but afriad..... [Re: thelegend0210]
    #13133401 - 09/01/10 12:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ahhhhhhh....snaked by the super old post. Well, it happens to the best of us, right?:blush:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale