Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Favorite Strain
    #3491430 - 12/13/04 03:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well i was just looking for a new strain to grow and there are so many so i was just wondering what everyones favorite was....

i have only grown brazillians and they fruit heavily but they seem to mostly be small with thick hollow stems

Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
smooth guitarist

Re: Favorite Strain [Re: phantasm]
    #3491468 - 12/13/04 03:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

love pan cyans, by far my favorite. super strain is a real good cubensis.

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3491509 - 12/13/04 03:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

only worked w/ orissa and b+. i can't say that i'm impressed w/ orissa.

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: Favorite Strain [Re: TODAY]
    #3491734 - 12/13/04 04:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm pumped about getting some Z's

Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Favorite Strain [Re: TODAY]
    #3491848 - 12/13/04 04:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Was the B+ a good fruiter?

Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

#3511452 - 12/17/04 12:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Mexi-Palenque is really nice.  :thumbup: Pretty visual, potent, pretty fast, good fruiter. Average sized shrooms but strong and a constant flow for maybe a month or so on cakes. Really nice, meaty shrooms...really. Taste good fresh too. Like gourmet :smile:. Um...not too many aborts 'cept for when the cake was spent. Colonization: 75-85 Fruiting: 70-80

(I actually got a 4 pack of Cambodian and TLG gave me a Palenque for free.  I'm about to get some more from TLG, i was thinkin' 2 Palenque, 1 Brazilian, 1 Hawaiian, and maybe a South American.  Check out those other strains too, Ralphsters and hawkseye have good info)

Cambodian are really fast, strong, visual as well.  :thumbup: I like these a lot.  Funny thing about these...if the room temp is like...75sh, you prolly don't need a heater at all. They give off heat and might raise the terrarium like...3 degrees or so...so you might not wanna' heat it up to 86 and then have it get even hotter when the get to about 50%.  You can give 'em heat for the first 4 or 5 days after inoculation but...really not needed after that. Colonization: 73-86+  Fruiting: 60-90+ (I read they grow real fast fruiting in the high 80's as long as humidity is good...I don't really think it's necessary...and they could tolerate up to 95 when fruiting.)

I usually might have about 2.5-3g of either Cambodian/palenque...sometimes both.  they're both about as strong, at 2.5g I usually see open-eyed visuals...especially this sort of geometric sorta' paisley rainbow psychedelia pattern that lays over my ordinary vision (in both light and darkness). This might just be me, I dunno' but I think they're stronger than most.  Maybe Hawaiian on grain might be pretty good too.  Everything i did was on grain.  A friend of mine grows Hawaiian, South African, and Ecuadorian on bulk compost and straw...I think Cambodian and Palenque are stronger than those...except i remember he used to grow the Ecuadorians and Hawaiian on bird seed and Hawaiian was much better than it is now on straw.  Equadorian's not so hot, i grew that too.  Not too visual or strong or...anything special.
I read Brazilian is even faster than Cambodian and will find out in a few weeks I guess (when I get my spores) and that it has big fruits...prolly not quite as strong as these but I bet it'll be good.  I'll only know after I try 'em.  I've been ordering cakes from mycrotopia.com for cheap and I bet anything would grow pretty nicely on 'em.
I'm pretty new to this I guess and haven't done any succesful bulks yet but I read Cambos do especially well on bulk.
SO...Cambos and Palenque are great...try them.  :mushroom2:  :rasta:  :mushroom2:

some others I'm conidering eventually looking into is the Thai KS(super strain) and maybe huatla.
some over-hyped ones might be Allen strain and Orissa India. I had a hard time w/ Allen and never grew Orissa but don't read anything impressive on the boards that compare to what hawkseye says about it.

and look into http://www.mycrotopia.com/ and check out the specials...u can get 24 12oz plastic jars for $55 including shipping.
That is...unless you make your own. I used to use mycobags but this is so much better. 24 X 12 = 288oz/16 = 18lbs for $55

check out www.island.org Started by Bruce Eisner, it's an organization trying to make Island by Aldous Huxley a reality.

Edited by Elfmachine (12/17/04 12:48 AM)

Re: Favorite Strain [Re: Elfmachine]
    #3511718 - 12/17/04 01:38 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

nice post, elf! that's the kinda info i've been wanting to know about different strains of cubensis, but everyone always just says they're all basically the same. there should be some chart or something that lists all the different strains and how they compare to each other in regards of yield, potency, rate of colonization, etc.

Edited by zorak (12/17/04 01:39 AM)

I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Favorite Strain [Re: zorak]
    #3511782 - 12/17/04 01:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

hard to do, considering everyone is different and dosages and potency vary from grow to grow.

the only way to have a measured potency is to have an isolated strain on the same substrate. :smile:

my favorite so far, in reguards to cultivation... is GT.

and Capt. Kid, i wasn't impressed at all with B+. I got some good fruits, but the second and third flush were sucky compaired to the initial flush.

"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Edited by ZeroArmy27 (12/17/04 01:50 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation