Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

a question about salvia...
    #3491261 - 12/13/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i'll be trying salvia for the first time this month. a friend is connecting me with his supplier (a personal friend of his) who distributes ingredients and instructions for making 25x. he said he'll be giving me enough to net 5g.
i know to use a bong, to hold it in as long as possible, and not to move around so much, but i still have one question: how much should i smoke? if weight's a factor (which i doubt it really is) i'm 225 pounds and 6'5". any other salvia-related wisdom would be welcomed, as well. thanks in advance!

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: a question about salvia... [Re: twilight715]
    #3491316 - 12/13/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That is a hard question to answer because everyone is different. Some people have natural tollerance to the active chemical while other have a very low tollerance. What I can tell you is to start out very small and work your way up until you find the right amount.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinetwilight715

Re: a question about salvia... [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3491414 - 12/13/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, i guess the way i phrased the question was a little ambiguous. what i'm really asking, i suppose, is how much do you guys (salvia users) smoke to get the job done? if there are enough replies for me to get a good idea of the average, i'll have some kind of idea about how much to smoke and probably start with a little less than whatever that average is. then, as you said, i'll work my way up.

--------------------
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

OfflineK20A2
Male
    #3491861 - 12/13/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Let me say first I didnt weigh my dose. The first time I packed about a little less than a bowl full of 10x and took it all in in one hit. I held it for about a count of 20 or so then let it out and watched as the room started to fragement. I layed back and closed my eyes and saw a whirlwind of the most amazing colors.

The second time I smoked about a full bowl full of 10x. I had been drinking wine all day (Thanksgiving) and I think the lady punished me for being an ass. I took it all in in one massive hit, held it and was presented with the single most terrifying eternity of my life.

Much respect for salvia now. Yes I will be doing it again.

Edited by K20A2 (12/13/04 02:56 PM)

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3492013 - 12/13/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ive smoked it many times and have yet to break through. The first few times I smoked the dried leaves. The first time I smoke 3 bowls rapid succession and I got about a level 3 experience. The next couple of times arent even worth putting here because I used a pipe so it was only about a level 2. When I finally got some 5x extract I smoke one bowl of dried leaves then about half a bowl of the extract and it gets me to a pretty decent level 3. I have yet to break through with the stuff but I will be getting some 10x soon so look for my salvia report when that happens.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: a question about salvia... [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3492116 - 12/13/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

if you make 25x you will need only a very small amount to get effects even if you are 225 lbs.
for your weight I would estimate 1/50th of a gram will do the trick
if you are having touble getting effects double that.
I find smaller pipes an a regular lighter work fine.
there is no real magic about that part.
burn and suck then hold.
a minute after is when it begins.
often people are surprised since it is not quite instant
(MJ might be faster)
then shocked at how far it went in such a short time.
(nothing else goes so fast except counting backwrdsfrm 100 in surgery)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinetwilight715

Re: a question about salvia... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3492913 - 12/13/04 05:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thanks a lot everyone. i appreciate the input, it's very useful. i'll certainly post a report about the experience when it happens.

--------------------
- Hunter S. Thompson

OfflinePARABOL
Stranger
    #3493088 - 12/13/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I personally didn't like salvia,..I've done it couple of times but every time i did it it gave me a nasty head ache and i was salivating, sweating, and hallucinating some weird (not weird as "weird" but stupid) stuff...i also had this nasty iron- or metal-like taste in my mouth..and i usually did 4-5 hits of 15x..then i just couldn't do more cuz i didn't understand what i was doing, couldn't really see, speak and felt like being ass drunk with hallucinating "side-effects"..I prefer shROOMs..that way i could really explore The "other" side. (but i can't get ahold of them..it's been 4 years :frown: so i just smoke that salvia shit, even though i don't like it, hate it.

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
Re: a question about salvia... [Re: PARABOL]
    #3493145 - 12/13/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

First time I tried Salvia was just with the regular leaves and I smoked 3 bowls. I didn't get any visual hallucinations or anything but I kept hearing a voice talk to me and I kept talking back. It was weird.

Offlinetwilight715

Re: a question about salvia... [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3493245 - 12/13/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i've heard a bunch of weird stories about salvia trips. erowid says it's common for people to observe years of events as paint on a wall. that's fucking strange. especially in a 15 minute window.
PARABOL - as much as i like being able to "explore" with shrooms, i really enjoy the disoriented feeling of being drunk, and have always liked hallucinating, so perhaps i'll like it! too bad that you haven't been able to get hold of mushies in 4 years. out of curiosity, are you in the US?

--------------------
- Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: a question about salvia... [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3493270 - 12/13/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I LOVE salvia. However, if you are going to do 25x your first time, be prepared to hate it. Salvia will break down your reality as you know it and reconstruct a different one with all the pieces. You will be disconnected and trip HARD. My advice is start with 5x or 10x TOPS before you decide to proceed to doing 25x. If you do not know what you are in for... be prepared to be caught off guard. Check out www.erowid.org if you want more information, or if you want me to elaborate, and talk about smoking techniques, PM me.

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

Offlinetwilight715

Re: a question about salvia... [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3493357 - 12/13/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i checked out erowid, i've read up extensively about it. the only problem is 25x is all that's available to me right now. i can't order any for another month (till i'm back at college with a mailing address other than my home). not to mention, i'm tight on money, and this guy is trading me all the ingredients for some shrooms.

couldn't i just smoke a lot less and experience reduced effects?

--------------------
- Hunter S. Thompson

OfflinePARABOL
Stranger
    #3493503 - 12/13/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah man, im in California..can't get any..it's like they don't exist but i want them so baaad..i mean i need 'em..i haven't been exploring my other side for so long...:[
any way..yes i like being drunk too and oh boy do i love hallucinating, but salvia is just different...it's confusing, it's physically bad trip for me..but i've heard that it's different with salvia, cuz it reacts depending on individual chemical structure of the body, and so on...
here's a good webpage for ya..i ordered S from there, plus they have some videos people trippin for the first time..but it was nothing like that with me..any way here it is: www.salviasupply.com
hope this helps ya

OfflinePARABOL
Stranger
    #3493546 - 12/13/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I also have like a big bag of leaves and some 10,5X, left but i'm just gonna throw it away..

Offlinemannjon
Stranger
    #4826776 - 10/19/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, I've been doing salvia long enough to have picked out some key ideas for a beginner. First and foremost (and let me stress this as the most important thing) HAVE A SITTER. The first time I tried it, I didn't have a sitter, and I was lucky that nothing bad happened. You probably won't need a sitter past your first few times, but until you know what salvia is capable of, its always good to have a friend there. I began with a commercialized grade of 10X, and it was more than enough to have a level 3 trip. One of the great things about salvia is the fact that it has a reverse tolerance in most people, so the more you do, the less you wind up using. For instance now, I can get a similar high smoking 1 or 2 bowls of plain leaf (which I highly suggest trying to grow if your climate permits. It is a much more palatable smoke). But my first level 4~5 trip took about 2 bowls of strong extract. Once again, if you are attempting to achieve this level, have a sitter because the pipe can be hard to hold onto after a first bowl and even harder to refill. Have some soothing music playing in a dark/semi-dark surrounding, and candles help with the visuals. A camp fire is a near perfect enviornment if you're into that sorta thing. Other than that you just need to find your niche.

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: a question about salvia... [Re: mannjon]
    #4828119 - 10/20/05 01:36 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

out of 1gram 25x, u'll only need a pinch of it.. about a dime sized pile.. and TORCH IT! have someone to grab the b from u. then just relax

--------------------

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: a question about salvia... [Re: 3six5]
    #4829193 - 10/20/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have 20x locally available, so that is what I use. I use a water bong to smike mine. It has a pretty standard bowl, the kind that is used for metal chamber pipes as bowls and end parts. It only takes me like 20% of that bowl for me to go straight to level 4/5. I can't weigh doses that small, but it is about the size of a postage stamp rolled into a loose ball, not much at all. I actually did a bit too much my first time, because even though I had respect for salvia going in, it didn't look like much lol. Anyway, I agree that it is much easier to start small and smoke more if you need to, than to take too much that first hit. I also recommend a sitter for the first few times. Salvia is crazy in its pure power and speed, I have never experienced anything like it. I combined it with shrooms this past weekend and it was surreal, but not for the faint of heart.

If you are comfortable ordering salvia online mannjon, you might consider ordering some spore syringes from a Shroomery sponsor. Shrooms aren't too terribly hard to grow, and the results are well worth it.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds