Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineexoduc
Stranger
Loc: NY
Growing at the bottom of Rice Cake
    #3490978 - 12/13/04 02:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Whats going on. I am growing the thai sunami super strain on vermiculite and brown rice flower cakes. I have mushrooms growing on five of my 11 jars, the others probly didnt do anything because i didnt let them colonize long enough. The ones that are growing shrooms are primmarily growing twards the base of the cake, making them very difficult to harvest, because they are cramed between the upside down lid in which the cake rests. Should I flip the cakes over or elevate them on somthing (actualy i dont have any verm. so lets think of somthing else. I'm not sure, but any advice is appretiated.
CHris

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineYourNameHere
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: God's Sub-concious
Re: Growing at the bottom of Rice Cake [Re: exoduc]
    #3491617 - 12/13/04 04:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

First, I think the strain you are talking about is Koh Samui Super Strain, I could be wrong though, I don't know all of them. How much light are you getting on them? One problem tat I could think of is that they don't have a light source to grow towards.

--------------------
Anything posted by me on this or any forum of communication is solely for entertainment value and should not be taken seriously.

"It was nicely done"
-Lt. Scott Rhoemer <----Referring to a Cannabis cultivation location and setup. Click avatar.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Growing at the bottom of Rice Cake [Re: YourNameHere]
    #3492393 - 12/13/04 06:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well to fix your problem of the shrooms growing into the lid. put verm down until it reaches the brim of the lid. mist verm and put cake on the verm. this will keep your problem from happening and give it a little more moister to the cakes

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineexoduc
Stranger
Loc: NY
Re: Growing at the bottom of Rice Cake [Re: exoduc]
    #3492641 - 12/13/04 06:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

YourNameHere, I think part of my light problem might be that I keep them my Rubbermaid tub in a box for insulation, but I try and leave it open at least 6 hours a day. The top of the box is about at the window seal, so i figured they would get enough light, though I was probably wrong. Ill try taking the tub out of the box for about four hours a day, hopefully Ill get better results. Thanks.
Chris

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation