Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGloryOfBlaze
Trance Addict ,In A PsychodelicState Of Mind!
 User Gallery

Loc: Mass a two shits
Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !!
    #3470699 - 12/09/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I was wondering if there is any people out there that suffer from HPPD. I am serious and would only appreciate serious responses.I am 21 and I have been dealing with this since I was 14.I was wondering if people would like to talk or discuss or if close meet up and try to help deal with hppd.If you are wondering,Hppd is a disorder you get from taking Hallucinagens like trails, hailos around things,dark shadows of  things still there after you look away,flashes of light,moving letter, numbers, etc...But if interested in talking to me or others who suffer reply soon k? S.Blaze :confused: Just to let you know this is not a complete description of HPPD. S.Blaze

--------------------
P.L.U.R
Lifes' merely a delusion, of an illusion in time,
Brought on by the fusion of the subconscious mind!

Edited by GloryOfBlaze (12/09/04 02:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !! [Re: GloryOfBlaze]
    #3471807 - 12/09/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I know you didn't start a thread to discuss the problem, just to find others with it.

But I think it'd do the forum good if you told us what drug use led to this? For instance, lsd or mushrooms, and what amounts/frequency you were taking them before first noticing the hppd. And, have you continued the use of the drugs and has it gotten worse?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineGloryOfBlaze
 User Gallery

Re: Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3471991 - 12/09/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well much to your disbelief I would love to discuss it,Do you know anything about it?I know where plenty of people are that have it.I was actually trying to bring it out more to the public,Genius!Also I would like to find others ,to discuss the problem.

In response to your reply...
I used to eat alot of acid shrooms never really appealed to me,But i definitely did try them.I never really noticed any real visual disturbances until one Halloween, I ate a few supposedly triple dipped hits I woke up in the hospital strapped to a bed.A week later after shrinks came in to see me and me telling them I was fine they let me go.For about 6 months after I was experiencing flashbacks every time I would try to go to sleep.This is now 7 almost 8 yrs later and I am now finding out that this is supposed to be a disorder, HPPD.Well since I have found out about it, I have been trying to help some people realize, they are not crazy and that there is hope to cure.I have tried acid since to see if maybe going to the state in which caused it might have helped,but I do not believe it has gotten worse but it sure as hell is not going away. I have found a few Doctors who specialize in HPPD study in Mass, If anyone would like I could get the names and post them if necessary..On that note ..I'm Out....Peace S.Blaze
:jester:

--------------------
P.L.U.R

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !! [Re: GloryOfBlaze]
    #3472070 - 12/09/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I know a bit about HPPD, but have yet to find any real hard information, only the basics. But then again, I'm sure much of the specifics are still a mystery.

So, no recollection of the trip that halloween? Or, second hand stories from a friend? Theres no such thing as triple dipped hits, but that doesn't mean they can't be extremely strong hits.

Generally, from what I've read, there is a difference between actual flashbacks and the visual distortions created by HPPD, although I'm sure both can co-exist. Flashbacks can, obviously, occur from any majorly traumatic event in one's life. One of the first thats brought up, of course, is war. Someone might have a flashback of not only images from the time, but perhaps even the same terrifying feeling.

I know that when LSD, or other hallucinogenic tryptamines are used, they are allowed through the blood brain barrier because of their resemblence to serotonin, or dopamine, etc. As everyone knows, they interact with serotonin receptors. From what I've read, they shoot across the synaptic gap, but since they are in fact not serotonin, they aren't carrying a message for the brain. So, they affect other areas of the brain, that aren't usually accessed. I remember hearing the phrase "less footprints".

Anyway, please forgive my ignorance on the subject, as I'm clearly no expert. Just trying to put the pieces together that I've read. So, a trip could potentially bring back memories from childhood or dreams and all. But a trip makes you feel things that you wouldn't at any other time. Something that triggers a flashback for anything would probably be a memory with little else tied to it (or nothing nearly as significant) as the flashback. So when all that feeling comes back, you're not just remembering, you're feeling it all over again, right?

Are you actually having intense flashbacks involving fear, or any other feelings simillar to when you trip? Or is it mostly trails and visual problems?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineGloryOfBlaze
 User Gallery

Re: Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !! Acid Trip [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3490428 - 12/13/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah,No real recollection of that Halloween.I remember the night was all a good time until about3-4 hours into the trip(peak).I remember we were jumping one of those highway plows,using it as a ramp to jump off of.We watched the different costumes,that kept us amuzed for a while.Then at one point one of our friends started hiding behind some of the other kids there,started to bug out asking us what was wrong with us!He thought we were all flipping out or something.Mind the fact there was about 6-7 of us tripping out,My buddy that started to freak out he went in to the hospital i guess about an hr or so later.Anyway we all started to spin around and try to stop,and watch the world keep spinning.By then I was starting to peak my brain off,the clouds were spinning and then they came down and surrounded me it was great!For an obvious reason I could not get my friend freaking out,out of my head.He was running around looking at rocks and stuff,every little bit he was coming up to us asking us what was wrong,slowly that played an affect on me.I started to freak a little but what it was, was I could not stop the flashes,like time travel from one place to another, I kept thinking I was in one place then the other it just got really confusing.So I went home well back to my neighborhood, I had seen my mother and told her"I was tripping and was freaking out",She just had me getin the car.We went to a store,as soon as she went in I started floating away,the I would come back,not all bad.Then we got home and she told me to go to sleep,yeah right!Next thing I fell a slight pain,Turns out I went head first down a flight of stairs and did not touch one step.Supposedly i got up started fighting with cops that my mom had called because she could no longer handle me,they sent a cop in that I new and some how got me strapped to a bed that brought me to the ambulance.From that point on it was kind of like machine noises,and visuals of maybe a mechanical device playing in front of me.But not really me,I was no longer there it was more like the thought of me inside a much bigger place.Any way I woke up strapped to a bed they finally let me out a week later.Since then I always see trails,sometimes I see a glow around things,I always see after images,like once i look at some thing if i look away I can see it on whatever I look at.The floaters that most people see in there eyes are very cleary visible at all times of the day,Mainly I see after images.Flashacks that still occur I do not really tie with hppd, but I still feel that I am trippin sometimes even though I know the trip has ended.This is almost 8 years later.Sorry for rambling, but I finally got my trip out,to someone!
S.Blaze

--------------------
P.L.U.R

Edited by GloryOfBlaze (12/13/04 09:55 AM)

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !! Acid Trip [Re: GloryOfBlaze]
    #3490497 - 12/13/04 10:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for writing that up, interesting to read.

OfflineGloryOfBlaze
 User Gallery

Re: Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !! Acid Trip [Re: day_tripper]
    #3490590 - 12/13/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just to let people know, I still believe LSD,Can be used to help expand and inform the mind.With the right knowledge,and intentions without misuse could help prevent events like mine occuring to more.I still research,ask questions,read books on and about LSD uses, which still have me in awe of the capabilities of LSD use.
                S.Blaze :blah:          Day tripper thanks  for reading!!

--------------------
P.L.U.R

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !! Acid Trip [Re: GloryOfBlaze]
    #3490728 - 12/13/04 11:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

WTF? what do you mean no real recollection. Sounds like you remember one hell of a lot of it.

--------------------

OfflineGloryOfBlaze
 User Gallery

Re: Hppd ? Nothing to do with the study !! Acid Trip [Re: jux]
    #3492869 - 12/13/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I remember almost all but the trip is very unclear.I had to try and remember while I was writing it. It is still blurry.
TO ANYONE INTERESTED THERE IS A RESEARCH PROJECT GOING ON AND THEY NEED 200 PEOPLE TO GET STARTED,PROBABLY TO GET FUNDED?iF INTERESTED GO TO www.HPPDONLINE.COM

--------------------
P.L.U.R

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract