Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKatrina
Stranger

It's confirmed....my Orissa's suck big time.
    #3490246 - 12/13/04 10:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

A friend and I both ingested 6 gm each last night of my second flush of Orissa (the same ones that other people told me were extremely weak) and I got hardly anything. No visuals at all, a little giddiness and that was it. I took 4 gm of my Ban Nathon's and tripped way better on those and another friend took the BN (2 gm) and tripped extremely hard, though she is kind of a drug and alcohol virgin. I don't know what happened with the Orissa, if I did something, or what, but I definitely have confirmation that the other friends of mine were not exaggerating how weak they were.

--------------------
Anyone who says size doesn't matter has been seeing too many small shrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: It's confirmed....my Orissa's suck big time. [Re: Katrina]
    #3490258 - 12/13/04 10:40 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

O.I. 's are notorious for this IMO . Try some other types of sub , I'm sure if you are determined to get it right you will find what they do best on .

Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (01/07/05 11:35 AM)

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: It's confirmed....my Orissa's suck big time. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3490329 - 12/13/04 11:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

sorry to hear that, try out some other strains and see what you like. good luck in the future

OfflineKatrina
Stranger

Re: It's confirmed....my Orissa's suck big time. [Re: KyKid]
    #3490401 - 12/13/04 11:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just knocked up jars with Amazon and some with Arcadian Coast. Please, someone tell me, these strains are not going to be disappointing also.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3490510 - 12/13/04 12:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Time will tell , but you should be better of with those choices .
What tek are you following ?
Remember sub (food source)is very important to potency\vitamin content of all mushies .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineKatrina
Stranger

#3490566 - 12/13/04 12:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The Orissa's were BRF PFTEK. The amazons are on PF TEK, some home ground BRF, some rye flour (an experiment). The Arcadians are on 5 WBS and 4 popcorn quart jars. I'm just really discouraged right now. My first grow, the ban nathon were fine and were grown off the same bag of BRF. I've got Hawaiians now the are just about ready to harvest and they were grown off of BRF in a regular flour-type bag from the grocery store, not organic, so that worries me now. I heard WBS was better and so that is why I decided to try that, but just today found a whole quart of WBS totally green (see pic in another post), only one so far, but still discouraging.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3490591 - 12/13/04 12:45 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Is it safe to assume you have a PC ?
If you do not , you will grow more contams on grains than myc . Grains truly need to be fully sterilized for success .

--------------------

OfflineKatrina
Stranger

#3490606 - 12/13/04 12:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Actually yes I do PC. And these WBS were PCd twice because I knocked them up with my Orrisa's, then discovered that they sucked, so I asked around for opinions and ended up re-PCing them to kill the weak ass Orissas and then knocked them up again, so that jar got PCd twice and still went green. Weird, though the jars sat after PCing for about 3 days before I could find the time to knock them up, but I've done that before and had no green. We'll see what happens I guess.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3490660 - 12/13/04 01:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think I mentioned , let them go sucky or not , Mush Goddes does not like you killing her children  :wink:, and start new ones , but did you listen ? :wink: :cool:

Is cheaper to start new , than to waste spores on "risky" situations .
Did you learn from it ?
Then all in all it was a success .
Personally , I do not let jars sit more than 36 hrs , and I get them inoced , the longer they sit the better chances of competitors getting a foot hold , thats just my opinon though , many will argue it . But you may have left a lot of decayibg myc in there and that is what caused these new ones to contam .

--------------------

OfflineKatrina
Stranger

#3490679 - 12/13/04 01:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Crap!! Yeah, I do believe it was you who said that. I just had absolutely no interest in growing something once again that sucked so bad, nor did I want to waste all my materials, but I guess we will see what happens. I did open the WBS jars and scrape out any chunks of myc before I re-PCd. The PF jars, though I am worried about because I did think opening them and scraping things would be a good idea. I might have just wasted 2 syringes, but hopefully not. Time will tell. Hopefully I will have a little bit from each so I can at least take some prints. I don't have a good selection at all of prints.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation