Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: BrownPastures]
    #348573 - 06/25/01 11:07 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

You know this whole thread reminds me of a long time ago when i used to be REALY into acid. A friend of mine just got this sheet and every tab had little bart simpsons on it. He told me that the guy who sold them to him said " when you trip on these everything looks like a simpson cartoon!" ...BULLSHIT...but plenty of people that night reported that they too were tripping in Springfield. Go figure.

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#348601 - 06/25/01 12:03 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

BP, the reason the azures, Pans and cubes look different is because they are totally different species. Liberty caps, Ps. cyanescens, Ps. stuntzii and many others also look totally different because they are different species alltogether.

Amongst the Ps. cubensis strains, I find the B+ usually fruits one large specimen. Tapalpa usually fruits several medium sized shrooms, Gulf Coast fruits many small ones. I found the Mazatapec to have more colours in the stalk. There are other more subtle differences as well.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: ]
    #348609 - 06/25/01 12:14 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Here's where my reasoning comes from:
All of the strains i ever grew were given to me from one person. A spore supplier if you will. This was a good friend of mine and i dont think all of the spores that he gave me were of the same variety. But, since he was a good friend i often saw the conditions in which these strains were grown: multiple varieties grown cake style in a tupperware container. These cakes were from commercialy bought spores and they all "seemed" to have different characteristics. In addition the identification of these different varieties was really impossible since this person FORGOT WHICH CAKE WAS WHICH!.

Remembering this leads me to speculate that maybe all of the spores given to me (and to anyone else) were probably "contaminated" by other varieties/dominant variety. This is why i say all Cubes are the same. Thanks for pointing out my mistake Capn'. Peace

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #348782 - 06/25/01 05:07 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

see i disagree with that, diff. cub strains are still cub's and although possibly potency levels might differ with growing parameters, strains, and/or substrates they still have the same chems in them.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: ]
    #348793 - 06/25/01 05:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i totally agree, this has been sort of my belief but everyone here is constantly saying that this mushroom strain has this kinda of visuals and so on.

Personnally i think it is more of a mind set and a preconcieved notion that makes people belief that say an eq has better visuals then a B+. Like someone above mentioned that no one here would be able to tell staiins appart based on the trip. I wonder even if chemical analysis could distinguish them.

anyways the whole human mushroom comparison is stupid, if your trying to explain evolution and natural selection using this argument then you just not thinking straigh. If we compare the life cycles of mushies and humans then the mush. l.cycle has occured a great deal more then the humans, which implies that there should be a large physical (appearence wise) diff. in mushrooms, more so then humans anyways. Mushrooms have been around for a much longer time then humans, so the spores would have probably spread to most parts of the world, giving us a great distinction among diff cub. strains, but they still are mostly the same in appearence.

anyways nice to see that so many people are actually interested in this.

--------------------

Bertrand Russell

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

#348795 - 06/25/01 05:26 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

exactly, and whose to say this hasn't happened to spore vendors (no one specific)

--------------------

Bertrand Russell

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: hubertd8]
    #348858 - 06/25/01 07:11 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: Alien]
    #348970 - 06/25/01 09:55 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

different strains as different species gives different highs...
...like marijuana...:cool:

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: CLuB99]
    #348973 - 06/25/01 10:03 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

A plant and a fungus are 2 different organisms.

InvisibleCLuB99
Male User Gallery

#349004 - 06/25/01 10:50 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

yes but the substances inside the mushrooms are the same.....so can you tell that a cubie high is the same as pantrops per example?
for sure baeocystin and norbaeocystin play an important role an the high. Also some strains of pancyan contains psilocine and serotonine mostly
and what about the differences about species...substances are the same too but the high is different...
can you explain this?

Support the FSR

Edited by CLuB99 on 06/26/01 12:53 AM.

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

#349006 - 06/25/01 10:53 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

But the concentrations of these "substances"(alkaloids)are different. Of course a cubie high is different than a pantrop high.

InvisibleCLuB99
Male User Gallery

#349011 - 06/25/01 10:57 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

so in the cubies, the concentrations of these substances can vary from strain to strain(genetic, as cannabis), as well with different enviromental factors

just my 2 cents

Support the FSR

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #349065 - 06/26/01 12:31 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey CluB99, about your signature. What language is that?? Some sort of latin??Maybe French? Here are words I think there are in that sentence:
I
fungus
sacred
cultivation
ethonegenic(sp)
Itali
hmm. I cultivate sacred, ethenogenic, fungus in itali.

Am I right??

www.thehawkseye.com
Mystic mountain mushrooms
Free Spore Ring(FSR)
all are welcome to the festival

Edited by Glacius on 06/26/01 02:32 AM.

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: Glacius]
    #349076 - 06/26/01 12:40 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

"the holy fungus,its cultivation, its etheogenic(properties, use), in italian(language)"

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

Edited by Anno on 06/26/01 02:42 AM.

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: Anno]
    #349085 - 06/26/01 01:09 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

this is a cool thread, it is good to see so many theories without (much) bitching, whinging, and flaming. someone mentioned darwins theory of "survival of the fittest" (celsius maybe?) as a reason for why all PC should be similar. I recommend everyone get a copy of "the origin of species" by charles darwin. it is cheap in most bookstores because it is a science classic. it should dispel most popular myths about all sorts of "popular" use of scientific terms regarding evolution. remember that the nazi's popularised darwin's theories and re-interpreted their meaning to legitimise negative eugenics. educate urselves ppl!

I am a compulsive liar :wink:
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing
http://www.lilshopofspores.com
http://www.shaman-australis.com/shroom

--------------------
I am a compulsive liar :wink:

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: auto59009]
    #349113 - 06/26/01 02:46 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Although the method of cultivation greatly influences the appearance of mushrooms, different strains (grown under the same circumstances) really are different from each other in terms of appearance, yield and ease of fruiting. I will not go into the hallucinogenic properties (after all we sell spores only for research purposes), but i can imagine that strains also produce different amounts of alkaloids. This trait too will probably depend on the cultivation method used.

I have found that in general the strains that produce thick fleshy mushrooms (amazonian, gulfcoast) are harder to fruit than the slim stemmed varieties (B+, ecuador, cambodian).

Just compare the pictures below, both grown under exactly the same conditions.

Amazonian:

Need spores? We got spores!
www.mushmush.nl
for the highest quality exotic mushroom spores.

Edited by Una on 06/26/01 04:47 AM.

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: Una]
    #349114 - 06/26/01 02:48 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Mazatapec:

Need spores? We got spores!
www.mushmush.nl
for the highest quality exotic mushroom spores.

Edited by Una on 06/26/01 04:49 AM.

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: Jared]
    #349167 - 06/26/01 06:02 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hi , this is about wild strains, but fits in.

my pet parrot recently experimented with these two strains again (very small dose) and he definitely won't do the "harsh ones" anymore his body does not like them and there must be some F** undesired chemical present.

Edited by Hermes_br (12/12/04 06:18 AM)

InvisibleCLuB99
Male User Gallery

Re: Diff. Strains a Lie? [Re: Glacius]
    #349208 - 06/26/01 08:12 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

glacius, it's italian language, it means: the holy fungus, the cultivation, the entheogens, in italian (it's my forum for italians, check the link and tell me what you think, also if you don't understand a single word:cool:)

Support the FSR

Edited by CLuB99 on 06/26/01 10:15 AM.

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #349233 - 06/26/01 09:09 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Different strains or races do look different and do cause slightly different reactions when ingested. After saying that, we are also made up differently and each one of us reacts differently to the drugs in the mushroom. Therefore it is hard to distinguish between strains of cubes because the human brain does affect the way you trip. If you know you are having Cambos and they gave you an uplifted buzz, than the next time you take them you are already conditioned to that type of a trip and may feel the same type of trip because that is what you expect.

You suck but your mammas still sweet - support the FSR

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate