Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's
    #348043 - 06/24/01 05:12 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I posted some pics earlier of mushrooms found growing on a hardwood mulch pile, in central N.C.This is a second flush from the same patch.
These are small mushrooms, possessing a separable gel. pellicle when young, purple -brown sporeprint, activity is unknown.

Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb.

Edited by doo on 06/24/01 07:18 PM.

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoo
 User Gallery

Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: doo]
    #348056 - 06/24/01 05:44 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Mj, if you happen to view these pics, feel free to send'em to your friends if you'd like.Maybe these photos will help them with a positive ID(or at least a semi-positive ID, I guess they would actually need a sporeprint for an actual positive ID).

Oh yeah, no arguing among the elite, you guys know who you are.We're all friends here, and just trying to continue to educate ourselves in the wonderful world of mycology.

In the meantime I've named these
"Stropharia doostilldon'tknowwhatthefuckthesethingsaredicus"

doo

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #348119 - 06/24/01 07:19 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hehe, I like the name :)

It sure looks like some of those mushrooms are bruising blue? The seperable pellicle, the purple spore print, growing in the east on hardwood mulch? You know my opinion, I hope your drying and saving those. I sent your pics to Paul stamets a few weeks back when you first posted them this year, he hasn't responded though :( And I was very formal and respectful too, that guy angers me sometimes.

If you don't take them damn mushrooms down to a university for an ID, send them down here and I will ! :)

--------------------

Offlinedoo
 User Gallery

Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: Lizard King]
    #348145 - 06/24/01 07:56 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey LK,some of them do have a bluish look to them. As for taking a print to a university for an ID, that's probably what I should do (I just gotta get off of my lazy ass and do it).
As for saving 'em that's exactly what I'm doing. I've also sporeprinted nearly every single specimen(hey you never know, if they turn out to be active, I'm gonna give'em to Workman and see what he can do with'em).
Thanks for sending'em the pics to Stamets. I thought about doing that myself, but wasn't sure how. Let me know what you find out.

doo

--------------------

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #348266 - 06/24/01 10:49 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

As you know, I'm exstatic about your mushrooms. Thank Lizard King for sending them to Paul Stamets. Paul is a Great Mycologist. He can and will identify this mushroom. I'll bet that a few weeks from now, we'll(the 3 of us) find that this mushroom is Absolutely Magical! It'll take some patience.
You see, Paul won't pass it off as Naematoloma dipersum or Panaeolina foenesescii(sp?). He'll give you the straight up facts. Paul doesn't need to send them to someone to analyze the mushroom, he does it himself. A true mycologist Paul is!
You know, he just lives down the road from me and I respect him to the utmost! So, Boo-Hoo to anyone who doubts his abilities.
Doo, you rock! You've put forth an effort to keep on keeping on with this mushroom. Thank you for it. People like you are the people that cause the naming of NEW Psilocybes!
Maybe we'll call this one Psilocybe Doo-doo! Ha-ha!
And Lizard King, you are one of the most patient, coolest people on earth! Considering you're a Moderatore, maybe I'm purple-brown nosing you(Lol), but really, you've got patience and you're really cool!, Mr. Ps. Weilli!
Stay cool, bros!-Levi7.

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: Levi7]
    #348325 - 06/25/01 12:52 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

nice bit of ass kissing there Levi7. Those mushies are mysterious and while they do resemble a psilocybe if MJ says they are something different than i believe him. I mean shit if paul stamets is so great than why does he have inactive mushrooms in his "magic mushroom guide".

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: cardboard]
    #348340 - 06/25/01 01:31 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

What are you saying? That MJ's word is gold, I've seen him mis-identify mushrooms here more than once(And I personally believe this is one of those cases) No offense MJ, I screw up on ID's far more than you ever will. You couldn't even tell me why MJ's ID on this mushroom is incorrect, because you just take his word for it instead of questioning why it is what he says it is.

Why must everyone regard MJ's word as golden? He will even tell you that you should question his word, as he has done to many other mycologists. Mushrooms are very hard to ID sometimes, and one guys opinion on what they might be isn't shit. Professional mycologists have argued for years over certain taxonmies. What makes you think that MJ's guess will always be right?

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: Lizard King]
    #348342 - 06/25/01 01:33 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

BTW: What the hell does paul having inactive mushrooms in his book have to do with anything?? they are there because they are psilocybes, and becasue they are often mistaken for other active mushrooms, and because a few of them have had false positives that he wanted to clear up.

Thats why!

--------------------

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: cardboard]
    #348711 - 06/25/01 03:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Cardboard, why are you coming down on me? I don't believe I've done anything wrong. I have an opinion at my opinion is that MJ has passed Doo's mushroom off as a Naematoloma dipersum. I don't think he wants to give any thought to it being a Psilocybe. Also, Naematoloma dispersum does not grow in Doo's land.
So quit fucking with me and give a little input, yourself, on this mushroom.
I'm not against MJ. I only think, in this case, he's passed it off easily as a Naematoloma and figured that everyone here would take his word for it, as usual. MJ is very good at what he does, but he isn't god, nor is Paul Stamets.
And if you'll take the time to read everything posted by MJ, you'll see that he puts Paul down almost anytime anyone mentions his name. And since Paul isn't here to defend himself, like he would care anyway, I will defend him.
It's MJs beef, not mine or YOURS!
Stay cool, Cardboard!-Levi7.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #348775 - 06/25/01 04:58 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

First off Levi I have not ever put Paul Stamets Down. I have only pointed out some errors in his id'ing certain shrooms including the mislabeling names on my mushroom which do not eblong there. AS for Paul, he is busy and I doubt that he will examine the shrooms which Lizard King sent to him. Hellit tool Paul 10 years to write the naming of Psilocybe azurescens.

In fact he is currently writing a forward to my Psilocybian Cultivation History book.

However Paul will not respnd to peoples mail or email for that matter unless you are attending his classes or ordering a large amount of supplies from Fungi Perfecti.
or taking his expensive cultivation technique courses.

And then he would have time to pay attention to trivial matters such a identifying new species.

Other wise Paul is very busy with his edible musrhrom business and conferences. Inf act he just returned form such a conference in California.,

Ctch him at a mycological conference and give him some specimens and then you would be one step ahead of everyone else.

Even Guzman has almost twenty new species he is writing the taxonomic papers on and my new mushroom from Thailand (another bluing psilocybe) has been waiting since OCtober of 1998 and he still hasn't gotten to that one.

I do have ways of getting into the U of W to look at spores under the microscope so I can also check mushrooms, but then I would have to pick a particulare new variety to want to look at it anyway.

ANd I only said they were probably a species of naematoloma or possibly Hypholoma. I do not recall giving them a particular species and I did not make a positive identity of the speices, only the genus of Naematoloma.

ANd it is really hard to tell what they are since all of theimages are blured and off color from their natural color.

But a disposalble closeup camera like the disposable strech (panorama) cameras or the disposable underwater cameras. They have them at big shopping stores in the camera departments. and then take a good picture with good lighting. For all I know the bluing could just be a blue-black rotting stem color and not the bluing of psilocybe.

EWell that is all I have to ay about that for now. I sent pictures to three experts and they couldn't identify them becasue the pictures are not a good quality to identify.

Mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Offlinedoo
 User Gallery

#348792 - 06/25/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I appreciate all the input from everyone on these mushrooms.
To the best of my knowledge, one of the persons MJ sent the photos to, Tjakko Stijve, had narrowed down the identification to these being a type of hypholoma, Stropharia, or a psilocybe, but still possibly being an inactive species.
I'm sure it's hard to positively ID a mushroom from just a photo.Hopefully some of these pics will help narrow it down more. Mj will probably send some of the photos in when he has time and if they're needed.I'd like to find out exactly what these are,as I'm sure the rest of you would,but I'm in no hurry.Hell,if I were just looking for a buzz, I'd be out hunting in a pasture,or cooking up some jars(which might not be a bad idea).
As for what Levi7 thinks they are, I have to consider that as far as I know, he is the only person here at the Shroomery, that has actually picked a wood- growing magic mushroom in the Southeastern U.S.(not counting LK's weilli's). He responded to my photos from last year, and thought they looked very similiar to what he had found while on a fishing trip.
Cardboard, take it easy on Levi7, he's one of the good guys.
BTW, I seriously doubt Levi7 is Paul Stamet's. Now smallputrid on the other hand.......hmmmm.......think about it....small rhymes with Paul....... if you turn the word around it's Putrid Small.....P.S., Stamet's initials.Wait, that's also Paul Stanley's initials.Smallputrid plays for KISS. Damn, I should've figured it out a long time ago.Rock on little smelly one.
(actually I think I know who smallputrid really is,he's one of the good guys too)
Now,back to the shrooms at hand. They share a lot of the characteristics of the psilocybes, so active or not,it's in our best interest, to figure'em out, so that if we run across ' em while hunting, we won't confuse them with something else.

doo

--------------------

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
    #348845 - 06/25/01 06:51 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Doo: I have found HUNDREDS of the kind of mushroom in the 3rd picture, I dont know about the other pictures(are they a different shroom, or j ust blurry?) I have a field directly behind my house which is downhill from a horse field where literally hudreds of them fruit, i have about 50 dried, why dont you just eat some? or are you not positive they are poisonous, I'll dig up a picture or two in a few minutes if I can find it, compare tell me if theyre the same shroom..

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

Offlinedoo
 User Gallery

Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: thegoldenteacher]
    #348862 - 06/25/01 07:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Teach,
No ID, no eat, that's my motto. I'm fairly sure these aren't poisonous, but I have too many folks depending on me to take the chance at this point. My photos are all of the same mushrooms, just taken at different stages. I'm not that great of a photographer, so I take lots of pics at different angles and under different lighting.These mushrooms were found on wood, and not on dung, or earth. It sounds like you may have found some psilocybe coprophila's.They are around our area. I use to find'em around my horse stables all the time(wish I still had my horses).Coprophila's aren't active.I know, I tried 'em.Check Lizard Kings post a few weeks back, he had some pics of P.coprophila.I'd like to see your photos anyway,you still may have found something interesting.Hey, you never can tell.
Start a new thread and post your pics.Hopefully someone here can ID'em for you. I definitely want to see'um.

doo

Edited by doo on 06/25/01 09:26 PM.

--------------------

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #348972 - 06/25/01 09:58 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Why not eat em??? those shrooms are surely psilocybian... all the characteristics and also bruising blue... where do you have your head at???

When i first found copelandia species noone had to told me those where good ones since just seing the azure color would give you the key to heavens

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: AIRDOG]
    #349005 - 06/25/01 10:52 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Sure man, go ahead and eat them just on pure hope that they are magic. Who needs an ID anyway since all of us know that only Psilocybes are the ONLY species that bruise blue.

Maybe I am being a bit too sarcastic. Anyway, I agree with you Doo, no ID, no eat.

Support the FSR!
Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery!!!

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: AIRDOG]
    #349009 - 06/25/01 10:56 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Nah, you gotta respect doo's decision not to eat em, I can understand that, especially from a family man. I'm not really sure I would eat them either, I would have to personally pick, hold, and smell those mushrooms fresh before I would even consider munching them. I know the smell of a caerulescent mushroom, and I think my nose can smell magic in general too, but I wouldn't trust it :)

Don't you wish we had a cheap accessable chem that would show a positive reaction for psilocybin/cin. That would really take care of questionable ID's. Could probably sell it in head shops as "safe pik" or something catchy for the novice shroomer. Would be nice.

If you do ever decide to try some of those mushrooms, or find a friend who does or whatever, start with very small amounts, and be sure to dose up on some milk thistle just incase. These two percautions will drastically cut back on your chances of a fatal or damaging poisoning. You probably already know that, but I thought I'd post it for anyone else who might consider trying an unidentified mushroom(which as a good rule of thumb should never be done)

--------------------

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #349131 - 06/26/01 03:39 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Can't you just try them on someone else? Or on an animal? That would be cool! Give the mushroom to a dog or a cat.. If they die it's ok, if not have a nice trip! Just my opinion..
(these look like psilocybians to me....)

I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Anonymous

Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #349153 - 06/26/01 04:54 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

You can't expect people to correctly id mushrooms with nothing more than a shitty picture. Proper discriptions are needed. Are the gills adnate or notched? Did it have an odour of any type? There are many features that help id a mushroom that can not be seen with a picture.

Jeff Chilton lives just down the street from me but no, I would never consider asking him to id a mushroom. That would be really ignorant. Mycologists of his stature are much too busy to be answering knocks on the door from kids who have no idea on how to id mushrooms.

Go join a mycological society.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: ]
    #349172 - 06/26/01 06:26 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

As usual, Capt. Max is right. No Id no eat.

However I wanted to mention to Doo that I just sent an email to Dr. Joseph Amirrati with 9 of his photos of this mushroom to see if he had any idea what they might be.

Give him a day to respond.

Now DOO, if by chance they are something new, here are two options for you.

1. you can send them to Guzman who may take two or three years before he gets around to sudying them or I can personally see that they get to Gartz who I can get to check them out for you and if they are not a non hallucinogenic species then There is a possibility of getting your name attached to them.

I would wwrite a basic generic description from your field notes on their characteristics and Gartz wqould do the taxonomy and it would be named Psilocybe doo (whatever) Gartz, Doo and Allen.

But then that is entirely up to you. On the other hand if it is not a new species then you could chuck it away otr maybe it is an already known species.

It could also be a hypholoma, of which there are now six known species in the world.

mj, let me know whats happening. I'll keep in touch on this one

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's [Re: mjshroomer]
    #349218 - 06/26/01 08:36 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Like your mushrooms pics are any better max, why are you always so negative, lighten up man, ya know. Its a lot more fun to be nice, I promise, you should try it sometime.

Edited by Lizard King on 06/26/01 10:44 AM.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract