Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Phluck]
    #3492051 - 12/13/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Can someone move this thread, it is cramping this forum's style, and WA&F would get more administrative response.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3492062 - 12/13/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Please go back and reread all the Mods posts in this thread. I think you are just trying to prove that I had it out for Swami. That simply is not what happened and not at all how I feel. In fact he got banned 2 days after my last visit until today.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3492065 - 12/13/04 03:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

because they want to spar with me,

jiggy, have you not read anything that I've been typing?

These debates are NOT ABOUT YOU. They are about the ideas put forth. If you say something silly and I demonstrate through a common-sense argument that it is in fact silly, then admit that it's silly or refute my argument.

I get confused because my head and heart are not focussed on debating.

It's not about the debate, it's about the truth. Are you not concerned with the truth? If what your heart tells you can be demonstrated to be false by a clear, logical, irrefutable chain of points, then which would you prefer; to hold blindly to your false beliefs or move beyond them to the truth?

Did we get to discuss free energy theories? No.

You have only yourself to blame. When Swami began discussing the idea of free energy, you began discussing Swami's psychological issues. Had you stuck to the topic, the discussion would have stayed on track.

Swami said in that post he was looking for someone to spar with.

That was a joke and it was directed at Shroomism, not at you.

would you kindly get off of me please

Ah, the irony...

Here you go again taking things personally. I'm picking on this particular post, not because I want to 'spar' with you, but because Trendal used it to defend his position. Why must you make this a personal thing between me and you. Until you made it necessary for me to reply to you specifically, all my posts re your energy thread were addressed to Trendal.

Why do you have so much trouble with this. I'm attacking an idea, not you. You're the one making this personal by suggesting that I'm "barking up the wrong tree", i.e. barking at you.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (12/13/04 03:48 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Rose]
    #3492095 - 12/13/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Swami was banned to reduce drama in S&P, not to provoke it."

Maybe all of the "drama" is caused by bad judgements on the part of the moderators?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3492103 - 12/13/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I never said it was your fault directly.

My question goes out to anyone who can answer it;

Where are the examples of Swami saying bad things?

I saw two in the thread. One seemed perfectly fair given where the post had been directed by another member, and the other one is quite a stretch, and it's not fair to claim that it's definitely an insult.

I understand that there have been complaints, but unless they have merit, why do they need to be followed, especially when it means singling out and excluding a single member?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: trendal]
    #3492134 - 12/13/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So, members/mods/admins pulled together to ban Swami.

And it was for his posting "style/attitude"?

He was banned for acting like my old grump-ass philosophy teacher.

This thread hasn't been locked yet?

Mods are justifying the ban.

Something is odd.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3492154 - 12/13/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

He's not usually very grumpy though.
In fact, I've rarely seen Swami take anything but an upbeat, lighthearted kind of attitude.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3492159 - 12/13/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

My question goes out to anyone who can answer it;

I saw two in the thread. One seemed perfectly fair given where the post had been directed by another member, and the other one is quite a stretch, and it's not fair to claim that it's definitely an insult.

I understand that there have been complaints, but unless they have merit, why do they need to be followed, especially when it means singling out and excluding a single member?

yes, I would like to see the evidence please.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3492166 - 12/13/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

*deleted

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Vvellum]
    #3492184 - 12/13/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still waiting as well...

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: looner2]
    #3492261 - 12/13/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So it seems like an irrational "touch-feely" housewife, and some born-again christian murderer cried to the admins and hence swami being banned?

jiggy said she had nothing to do with this, and I believe her.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: spudamore]
    #3492279 - 12/13/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What's the deal with S&P?
All the space cadets wet their pants when someone bursts a few of their bubbles? What thin skin.

How come the site is not using this subforum thing? Make a S&P subforum for those who want to cry to the mods if their posts get mildy-sorta-not-really insulted. You can call it the Bumper Lane or something.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Shroomism]
    #3492305 - 12/13/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

many S&P members have stopped posting in this forum altogether because they feel that they cannot express themselves without having their threads and ideas ripped apart.

So what?

If their ideas are so contrived and nonsensical as to be susceptible to being 'ripped apart', then why should they be permitted to flourish?

Truth cannot be 'ripped apart'.

This forum is supposed to be for open discussion

Geez, doesn't anyone else see the irony just dripping from this post?

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Diploid]
    #3492371 - 12/13/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
many S&P members have stopped posting in this forum altogether because they feel that they cannot express themselves without having their threads and ideas ripped apart.

So what?

If their ideas are so contrived and nonsensical as to be susceptible to being 'ripped apart', then why should they be permitted to flourish?

Truth cannot be 'ripped apart'.

Truth is subjective.. especially when dealing with SPIRITUAL and PHILOSOPHICAL issues. It's not the science forum for christ's sake.

Quote:

This forum is supposed to be for open discussion

Geez, doesn't anyone else see the irony just dripping from this post?

No, I must have missed it. Perhaps you can enlighten us.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Diploid]
    #3492413 - 12/13/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have read everything you have said loud and clear.

What debates are you talking about. I adressed only the one swami attempted to engange in with me, the ONE you posted here and made about ME. You dragged me into this fiasco and are moving to make it about ME diploid.

If swami wanted to debate ideas put forth, why was his FIRST comment a personal one that said he thinks I like to beleive in magic???? Answer that before you go any further with derailments.

Where did I even state a belief for swami to bring into question in that thread? Answer that before you go any further. I stated no beleifs to be debated as being false. see how good swami is making people beleive someone said something they didn't. He got you.

Truth? I know one absolute truth and that is that everything changes. Anything else I beleive in comes from my personal experience with it. If people want to tell me what I have experienced in my life then that is just funny.

And do tell me a false beleif I have that I hold blindly too? I have said here many times that I am not a faith oriented person, I am an experience oriented person.

If you want to challenge peoples beleifs you think the have blind faith in and are false, go right ahead. I didn't say you couldn't or shouldn't and please don't put words in my mouth. According to what I have learned from reading swami in debates, that is dishonest and in bad form.

Yes, I do take accountability for allowing swami to derail the thread I started.

His joke aimed at shroomism was swamis when of saying, I am bored, come out and play with me. He does it alot. I opted to play with him instead as discussing EM scalar wave theories was a bust at that point, because he called the guy who enetertained these ideas a fraud without any proof his plans do not do what they say they do. Even if they didn't, his ideas were interesting.

What makes it personal diploid is that both you and tren used a discussion swami and i had as evidense for and against his getting banned. Both of you doing it that makes it look like I complained about swami or that its because of people like me swami got banned. Because I have never complained to the mods about swami, dragging me into this in ANY way is making it personal.

Please leave any discussion I have ever had with swami out of this because I never wanted him banned or complained to any mods about him.

Because of this stuff, already looner, thinks I did and who knows how many others are getting that "false" idea and belief, because a recent post he and I were in is being used as an example by you and tren.

This isn't about me and so I and I ask that everyone else who is looking to stand behind a woman to toss at swami or the mods, please leave me and my posts out of this because I have never had an exchange with swami I couldn't handle or asked for mod intervention.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#3492423 - 12/13/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly. Also, I find it highly ironic that we are being asked to believe that one of the reasons for this ban was that Swami had a "chilling effect" upon some of our more sensitive posters. Yet this ban will have its own chilling effect- stifling criticism and honest debate. If a few people read something hurtful into your posts, you can now be banned.

So watch what you say, folks.

To date, no rational reason has been given for the ban.

Still waiting..

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3492438 - 12/13/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

has anyone considered thee fact that swami might have gotten himself banned on purpose? perhaps to bring about another thought provoking conversatin that has lasted the last 7 pages? if you think about it this is exactly his style

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3492518 - 12/13/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TheHateCamel said:
So, members/mods/admins pulled together to ban Swami.

And it was for his posting "style/attitude"?

Mods are justifying the ban.

Something is odd.

Maybe it's one last bit of fun before he is forced to take a new, more kind approach.

Or it's a total trick.

Or he was obsessed with posting here and this was the only way out.

Or the ban is ridiculous.

Who knows?

Swami knows.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3492546 - 12/13/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If Swami was trying to get himself banned, what the hell was he doing that constituted that sort of attempt?

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: zorbman]
    #3492559 - 12/13/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

To date, no rational reason has been given for the ban.

I wonder what rational reason will be given for moving what may be the most relevant thread to S&P in years to WAF.  :thumbdown:

--------------------
Republican Values:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder