Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3491607 - 12/13/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
I will go a retrieve it myself. You added a bunch of stuff

No I didn't! That is a straight quote! What the fuck would give me a reason to add things to a quote?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3352469/page//fpart/2/vc/1

--------------------

Edited by ld50negative1 (12/13/04 02:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: ]
    #3491621 - 12/13/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

And there's nothing wrong with debunking ideas, but post after post after post of the same rhetoric really adds nothing to this forum.

I never said Swami doesn't preach his own views, I'm not sure where you got that from my post.

I certainly don't think it's justified to say that he adds nothing to this forum.

Some people simply don't think that believing things is necessary unless there is a logical reason to do so. These people have as much of a right to be here as anywhere else.

One of the reasons why science and logic have been so sucessful is because of the ability to analyse information, and determine what makes, and doesn't overlook any variables, being able to determine, point out, and admit when something is wrong.

I think it would be really cool to be part of a philosophy forum that gives birth to new and interesting views of the world.

The battles that happen here are like a natural selection of ideas. The more criticism they take, the more the ideas are refined, and the more we promote this process, the more badass we'll be.  :evil:

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Shroomism]
    #3491623 - 12/13/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i wonder how many have stayed longer because of him?

No one PMs about that matter, would starting a pm flurry to the admins help? I am certain that many people would comply, if this is a quantitative matter.

Anonymous

#3491627 - 12/13/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Spiritual topics tend to be a very personal thing. Personally I've grown immune to Swami's posts, but to some people, what he says would be like going to the Mental Health forum and making fun of all the people there who came for help.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3491638 - 12/13/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I see that is what I said and I also am sorry for saying you added anything. I also read much of that thread and remember my thoughts that day. I was reffering to my teenage years when I was running the streets with my Uncles and Dads biker friends. That was 22 years ago, I was a child.

I am a very different person now. And that thread was debating Killing and Murder being different.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Edited by Fucknuckle (12/13/04 02:24 PM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3491642 - 12/13/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Uh, have you got an example of a post anywhere near that bad?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: looner2]
    #3491644 - 12/13/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
So it seems like an irrational "touch-feely" housewife, and some born-again christian murderer cried to the admins and hence swami being banned?

OUCH. I deserve a banning for that one.

Has no one read my earlier posts in this thread ?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3491645 - 12/13/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, it looks like you could lose more members than he has driven away. I will be one. Swami and Markosthegnostic are the guys that kept me interested. If one leaves the value of this forum deteriorates.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Anonymous

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Phluck]
    #3491647 - 12/13/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Phluck, I agree that skeptics should feel welcome and valued here. They ARE a valuable part of this forum. Believer and skeptic tend to form this sort of duality that provides a learning experience to each other. You, Diploid, and trendal are 3 S&P skeptics I can think of that can provide a rational point of view without belittling others' ideas, like Swami does occasionally. See my response to Shroomism above.

Anonymous

#3491651 - 12/13/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No posts are near that bad. I'm saying though that some people here take it that way.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3491660 - 12/13/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Max Headroom said:
No posts are near that bad. I'm saying though that some people here take it that way.

DID anyone read my first post in this thread ? :confused:

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3491663 - 12/13/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Phluck I want to say that your posts are the kind of thing I wish I would see more often from Swami.

Simply telling someone they are wrong does FAR less good than telling them why they are wrong. Your posts are consistently of the latter type, with compelling arguments to BACK UP your viewpoint.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3491668 - 12/13/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not really convinced that Swami is any worse than me, though. I specifically recall referring to Christianity as believing in fairy tales, and I've probably used the term "douchebag" on several occasions.

Perhaps it's Swami's use of puns that causes so much offense?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: trendal]
    #3491681 - 12/13/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"telling them why they are wrong"

That is very relevant. It also is not against the rules. This petty behavior in a philosophy forum...you should be ashamed for engaging in it. Every one speaks of how bad the ego is...but it is shown in it's full glory at times like these. Hyppocritical behavior to be sure. Learning to admit when you are wrong is a positive quality.

Anonymous

#3491698 - 12/13/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think trendal's point about explaining your viewpoint is part of it. If you're a skeptic (generally speaking) and are going to speak bluntly and on occasion without social tact, AT LEAST have the courtesy to explain your position, rather than just saying someone's wrong.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3491703 - 12/13/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Swami's a ball-buster, but he's no troll. He just calls people on their bullshit and people hate him for it. I can get fed up with a debate pretty quickly, but he knows exactly how to keep people on their toes and make them address his points directly. He's actually helped me out a great deal as far as getting rid of self-limiting beliefs and taking control of my emotions.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: looner2]
    #3491707 - 12/13/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
So it seems like an irrational "touch-feely" housewife, and some born-again christian murderer cried to the admins and hence swami being banned?

OUCH. I deserve a banning for that one.

For the second time and Trendal confirmed this. I did not complain. I think swamis comments are funny.

Trendal, why did you drag me into this with what he said to me. I never complained to you and I wish you would clear that up.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: silversoul7]
    #3491710 - 12/13/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

" taking control of my emotions"

Out of curiosity, who is in control of your emotions? Who was? Why take control of them? Really now, emotions will soon have to protest like feminists, and no one would like that. all this control. tsk

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3491713 - 12/13/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone got an actual example of Swami simply telling someone they're wrong?

I see occasional snappy posts from him, but they're usually more just puns or something, his opinion is clear, but he rarely actually states that they're wrong.

Unless I'm missing some...

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3491714 - 12/13/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

They can't read my first post in this thread it seems.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom