Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: adrug]
    #3491204 - 12/13/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I've been around this site and this forum since their inception, and I have to say this is the most unwise mod decision I've yet seen. You guys. *shakes head*. Usually you guys get it right. I have never publicly criticized a mod decision before, and doing so makes me wince, but I have to lay down a marker. I hope I never have to see this again. I dearly love this forum, but if we lose such a valuable member as Swami what is this place coming to? You have no idea how much I hate typing these words.

As a longtime member, I have been silently annoyed at some of Swami's recent threads being locked. Particularly, the Thanksgiving gourdito one- good lord, that's an S&P tradition, and is always done with humor. I also was annoyed at seeing the annual Christmas baked goods thread closed. It was a nice one that only fostered Christmas spirit and goodwill. After heated debates, these kinds of threads serve to create an atmosphere of friendship. These are S&P traditions, and locking them was a disservice to our community and spoke volumes about the one(s) who locked them. (Maybe I should start a thread on the difference between the Letter of the Law and the Spirit of the Law).

Have I ever been pissed off at Swami's posts? You betcha. Until I realized that I am not my beliefs! Therefore, an attack on my beliefs is not an attack on ME. Realizing this helped me evolve spiritually. And I don't know too many people on this forum who can provoke that kind of change using mere words over the internet.

Is Swami aggressive? You betcha. It's not hard to picture him on the raquetball court, ruthlessly exploiting his opponent's weak points. And you know what? By doing so, he has improved his opponent's game. And folks, it's ALL a game! People who are pretentious and put on airs will sooner or later meet the Swamster. I've seen it happen time after time. It follows a typical pattern.. Someone joins this forum, starts posting their personal philosophy like they're Moses coming down from the mountain with the Ten Commandments and BAM! Reality check. Does the "attack" hurt? Oh yes. It burns like hellfire, but you know what hellfire's purpose is? It's there to burn away impurities, to temper the steel. By ruthlessly (with love) going after these shaky beliefs, Swami has performed a valuable service to that person, and this community.

As I said, I've been here from the beginning, and I've possibly read more of Swami's posts than anyone here. And I have never once detected a meanspirited tone from him. Never. Have I detected annoyance? You betcha. He is afterall, human like the rest of us, and from time to time he will become annoyed. (Usually from the rising tide of BS he has to deal with). But never dealt with from a place of meanness, unlike some I've seen who have been allowed to run wild here.

Swami does his thing with with wit, style and yes, humor. Most of his so-called "attacks" are laced with humor. Swami has a great sense of humor. But one defining trait of zealots is the complete lack of a sense of humor. So those most offended by Swami are people who are pretentious, and people who are zealots. The people who can most benefit from Swami are also the ones who will initially be the most offended by his words. I repeat, his words. I defy anyone to show meanness coming from Swami. He has a good heart, and a good spirit. And I thought spirit was what this place was all about. I hope I was not wrong.

I encourage the mods to immediatly reinstate Swami- an honorable member in good standing. At the very least shorten the time of his ban. This is the Christmas season after all. Where's the Christmas spirit?

thank you for reading my words,

-Jell

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Jellric]
    #3491220 - 12/13/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

As a longtime member, I have been silently annoyed at some of Swami's recent threads being locked. Particularly, the Thanksgiving gourdito one- good lord, that's an S&P tradition, and is always done with humor. I also was annoyed at seeing the annual Christmas baked goods thread closed. It was a nice one that only fostered Christmas spirit and goodwill. After heated debates, these kinds of threads serve to create an atmosphere of friendship. These are S&P traditions, and locking them was a disservice to our community and spoke volumes about the one(s) who locked them.

Thank you. :thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: trendal]
    #3491223 - 12/13/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
It's ok, zorbman, I'm not going to ban you for using my name :smirk:

You effectively dodged the real content in zorbman's post, most signfigantly, the part referring to the other recent member who has been signfigantly more involved in personal attacks, belittlement, and creating a negative atmosphere....

Quote:

trendal said:
I have had people complain about Swami via PM in the past, yes, and one recently (in the past week). I have had people PM just to say they will never post in the forum again, because of Swami. I have also had people PM and bitch at me for NOT removing Swami from the forum. I have not received a PM about any other member of this forum, past or present.

Exactly how many people? How many PM's? Does the squeaky wheel always get the grease, my friend?

The real posters involved with this forum, the ones seriously interested in having discussion and growth of spiritual ideas here, are actually posting, and not complaining and squabbling over insignifigant details. When 1% of the posters involved here complain, we have to give into their every demand? Where is the logic in that?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3491229 - 12/13/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Jellic-- one of the best post of the year!

Bravo!

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3491269 - 12/13/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:
good post man

the Swami Resistance grows.

Anonymous

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Phluck]
    #3491312 - 12/13/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

S&P is not only a place for you to stand on a soap box and preach your ideas

Is this not what Swami does? I must be living in a vacuum if I'm the only one here to whom it was apparent that Swami has an agenda. He's not here for open-minded discussion, he's here to debunk ideas. And there's nothing wrong with debunking ideas, but post after post after post of the same rhetoric really adds nothing to this forum.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3491320 - 12/13/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
I encourage the mods to immediatly reinstate Swami- an honorable member in good standing.

A wonderful suggestion. :laugh: :thumbup:

It seems as though the 98% of the people here, who don't have a problem with Swami, are now expressing their opinions on the matter... just because we don't complain all the time doesn't mean we aren't here... :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
Jā™ 
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3491325 - 12/13/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

Excellent post, Jellric. You've given me plenty to think about.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #3491494 - 12/13/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

15 day ban on the Swamster? Ridiculous! What kind of foolhardy discipline is that? You think you can tame Swami with a 15 day ban? Pfffft!

I vote for reinstatement of Swami! I see no reason, especially relative to the behaviour of the community as a whole, to ban Swami for any amount of time, much less 15 days.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Diploid]
    #3491501 - 12/13/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Diploid,

I know nothing of philosophical debate. I am a stay at home housewife mom, touchy feely woman. I have no experience with it. I have not seen it in the forum rules or descritption that this is a debating forum and that all posts are for the purpose of philosophical debate.

If that is what S&P was created and intended for, then, I do not belong here or care to be. In essense I am a touchy feely lover and exploer of consciousness not a fighter. People in the pub don't want to talk about spirituality cosmic consciousness stuff. even if we posted that stuff there it would get sent here.

Where is the forum for people who wish to discuss ideas and experiences related to spirituality?

You are right, when I want to discuss an idea and someone comes along to debate something from left field because they want to spar with me, yes I get confused because my head and heart are not focussed on debating.

Swami said in that post he was looking for someone to spar with. Go back and read it in full. That's why, instead of his telling me about the site info, his first reply was telling me what he thought of ME, he was looking to provoke a sparring match with me. When I didn't reply right away because I was out, he asked shroomism for a sparring match in that thread. He was bored.

Swami has this knack for twisting peoples intentions and then starting a debate on that fabrication. Go back and look as I never said I knew if that guys invention worked nor did I say I had proof that it worked nor did I even say that I cared if it did or not. Swami was writing as if I had and he says other people are dishonest in form. Ha

Tren caught what he was doing and called him on it. It was pretty easy to see.

I was just interested in the inventors theories on EM scalar waves. I thought others might be too. If I knew my posting that link was going to turn into debate fuel over something I could care less about and wasn't even aware of in the web-site, "his plans up for sale" I never would've posted it. I would've posted on free energy inovations and theories in general.

Did we get to discuss free energy theories? No. And another potentially enlightening or interesting topic got snuffed out.

Besides Diploid, you're barking up the wrong tree. I already said I appreciate swami here for the same reasons jellric posted and that I was not the one who complained about him. I can talk about other areas of interest at other message boards if they can't get off the ground here. I love the people here and wish more topics could get off the ground without being body slammed because someone wants to demonstrate their power to do it.

I always end up laughing about it too.

Fucknuckle complained about him so would you kindly get off of me please and thank you.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3491503 - 12/13/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Damn right, reinstate Swami. This man was banned to control the flow of ideas. So what if he offended Fucknuckle. Fucknuckle admitted to helping murder a man on this forum...did the mods contact law enforcement about it...NO...did they ban him for presenting this content...NO. Situations like this (user confessing to crimes-check out the "Are you capable of killing" thread) have actually brought the law down on message boards. Instead you geniuses ban Swami...a good person and a valuable contributor. Swami should be reinstated. I shall go soon myself otherwise, lest I become an object of censorship too.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ā€• Carlos Castaneda

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3491531 - 12/13/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Damn right, reinstate Swami. This man was banned to control the flow of ideas. So what if he offended Fucknuckle. Fucknuckle admitted to helping murder a man on this forum...did the mods contact law enforcement about it...NO...did they ban him for presenting this content...NO. Situations like this (user confessing to crimes-check out the "Are you capable of killing" thread) have actually brought the law down on message boards. Instead you geniuses ban Swami...a good person and a valuable contributor. Swami should be reinstated. I shall go soon myself otherwise, lest I become an object of censorship too.

Swami isn't repsponsible nor is he needed to "control the flow of ideas". Ideas are not supposed to have restraints and not all that Swami says is fact. Sure, people say some pretty dumb things and Swami points that out, but other times he can creatively insult someone for believing something he does not. 15 days isn't a long time... I could understand making a thread to un perm-ban him, but this just doesn't make much sense.

FN never helped kill anyone:

Quote:

I never killed anyone. I once was going to. had a good reason I thought. But I jsut couldn't see risking a lifetime behind jail. The idea of killing is a easy one for me. It is the rewards of murder that bother me.

I seen a man killed right in front of my eyes. My friend is driving and we get bumped into at a stop light from behind. So my friend get out and starts talking. The other guy is yelling and screaming. So my friend tries to back up and get out of his face but the guy just keeps getting into his face.

SO my friend kinda runs to the front of his car and asks the guy to calm down. No way the guy swings on my friend. So my friend just grabs this guys head and slams it down on the corner of his front fender. Teeth and blood squirt all aross the hood. If that isn't bad enough my friend has gone into Psycho mode. He keeps slamming this mans face into his car fender. Now after about 7-8 face plants the guys skull starts to come apart.

OK IT IS TIME TO GET OUT OF THE CAR AND STOP MY FRIEND.

By the time I get him to stop the guy is very dead. We jump into the car and speed off. I was very disturbed for many months. My friend started drinking heavy. He ended up blowing his brains out a few years later.

Taking a mans life is a very hard thing to do. Unless your crazy.

--------------------

Edited by ld50negative1 (12/13/04 01:58 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3491580 - 12/13/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Swami isn't repsponsible nor is he needed to "control the flow of ideas"

I never said HE controlled anything...it is the mods wanting to get rid of a skeptic thereby controlling the flow of ideas.

"FN never helped kill anyone:"

No, he was just an accessory to murder by virtue of covering his friend. I guess that is a moral thing to do...huh?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ā€• Carlos Castaneda

Invisibleadrug

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3491582 - 12/13/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is a discussion forum, not a 'pat yourself on the back for what you think you know' forum, or a 'coddling others beliefs' forum, and should be treated as such.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3491585 - 12/13/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I suggest that when you quote me not to ADD anything. Your quote is a very poor attempt to do what ever it is your doing. In fact that entire thing is a LIE

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3491593 - 12/13/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So, you are a liar not a criminal...is that correct?

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Remove Swami's Ban [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3491594 - 12/13/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Huh? I didn't change anything... I found that in the "are you capable of murder thread".

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3352469/page//fpart/2/vc/1

I had no idea you made that up, but whatever fucknuckle.

??

--------------------

Edited by ld50negative1 (12/13/04 02:09 PM)

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3491599 - 12/13/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So it seems like an irrational "touch-feely" housewife, and some born-again christian murderer cried to the admins and hence swami being banned?

OUCH. I deserve a banning for that one.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3491604 - 12/13/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I will go a retrieve it myself. You added a bunch of stuff

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #3491605 - 12/13/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Swami will be reinstated, when his ban is finished. It's not permanent. If all of you are so outraged by this action then you should take it up with the admins. trendal is not fabricating anything when he says that many S&P members have stopped posting in this forum altogether because they feel that they cannot express themselves without having their threads and ideas ripped apart. In the 5 years that I have been modding here I have personally received at least 40 PMs by different people on this very subject. People who fear to post their beliefs and thoughts in this forum for fear of being lashed out on and having their character 'cut down to size' as it were.

Personally, I have nothing against Swami. I also see him as a valuable contributor and a good person at heart.. however that does not mean he is above the rules and can belittle the members here. Perhaps when he returns he will choose to be a little more sensitive when confronting others beliefs. It's fine and dandy if one chooses to be a self-proclaimed myth buster, and that type of presence is almost neccessary in this forum, but that still does not give anyone a right to come down harshly on others for expressing their innermost thoughts, that they are already apprehensive to share. There is no reason to attack others in this place, whether it be directly or indirectly. If you want passion and warfare, go to OTD where that type of thing is allowed. This forum is supposed to be for open discussion on spiritual topics which by their very nature are extremely personal. Constructive debate is always encouraged, but condescending character bashing is not. The ban stands, take it up with the admins if you don't agree.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies