Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFade_To_Black
Fire It Up

Folding@home Statistics
How do you know.......
    #3489450 - 12/13/04 04:08 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

if youve met "the right person"? or more importantly, if they have the same feelings as you do them? ive never really had feelings for this girl as opposed to anyone else in my entire life.. i can comfortably say that i would give my life with no hesitation for her (something i swore to myself that i would NEVER do for a chick).. the problem is that i fear she sometimes doesnt feel the same way, and this makes me exteremely depressed.. what the fuck do i do?? i dont want to feel this way, but i have no control.. the shit is driving me to the brink of insanity. im desperate for any help on this matter..

i need a drink.....

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: How do you know....... [Re: Fade_To_Black]
    #3489480 - 12/13/04 04:27 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

what the fuck do i do??

why do you need to do anything, don't analyse what is not there, whats the matter with just enjoying your time with her? if she doesn't end up feeling the same way as you there is nothing that you can do about it so why worry about it?

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

OfflineAreoZephin
Stranger

Loc: New Earth
Re: How do you know....... [Re: spudamore]
    #3489558 - 12/13/04 05:17 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Coming from a guy who doesn't care about sex or being intimate with sexual relationships with that type of deep love (At the moment because I have put myself on hold), then my advice may be worthless but I will say it anyway.

Given what outweighs in the end, would you want your wife or husband to go through the pain of your misfortune of death if you love them so much? That's the problem I see in it. If you two love each other so much, get married and one of you dies, one will still suffer.

You don't know. You make it known. You never know until you make it known. Just like you build up relationships, being example of friendly relationships. Love today is turning into an illusion in my opinion. It is an illusion because there must be affection and deep intimacy, that is vanishing. I define true love as caring for someone. Not loving their body, their sex, their physical pleasure that derive mental brainwashing. No, love is caring for the person, making the person feel secure by giving the words of comfort and warm feelings.

The person who loves those who give good sex are not those who love the person, but themselves. Those who want the other person to have good sex and a good life are not loving themselves but the other person. The body is appealing, it should be appealing because it is a mirror on the top of a sand dune to grab the attention to find the perfect one who he or she desires. Two minds must work together in a postive way yet appealing in both the mentality and physicality of it all. When both are at the same average then you have found your person. But I'm probably wrong.

--------------------
The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: How do you know....... [Re: Fade_To_Black]
    #3489568 - 12/13/04 05:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It sounds to me that you are confusing attachment with genuine love. Attachment always creates the potential for pain and usually ends up in pain sooner or later. True love goes beyond such dualities.

This, should hint towards the answer to how you would know if any particular individual is 'the one', and more importantly, shed light on the situation of where you truly are in terms of emotional maturity and spiritual awareness.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: How do you know....... [Re: AreoZephin]
    #3489574 - 12/13/04 05:25 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Coming from a guy who doesn't care about sex or being intimate with sexual relationships with that type of deep love (At the moment because I have put myself on hold), then my advice may be worthless but I will say it anyway.

you don't know me from a bar of soap so how do you know what i think and feel? just because i post doesn't mean that is the totality of personality.
doesn't care about sex?
how do you know?
being intimate with sexual relationships with that type of deep love. how do you know?
whos says that i don't care about that?? i can love somebody but i can't make them love me back if they don't so why worry about it and just enjoy your time being with them.

--------------------

OfflineAreoZephin
Stranger

Re: How do you know....... [Re: spudamore]
    #3489583 - 12/13/04 05:31 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I should have said "Comming from me" instead of "Comming from a guy". That's what I meant, I didn't mean him :lol: But saying that I put myself on hold shoud have hinted toward that anyway.

--------------------
The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.

Edited by AreoZephin (12/13/04 05:33 AM)

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: How do you know....... [Re: AreoZephin]
    #3489585 - 12/13/04 05:33 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

hahahaha sorry just that the reply was to me.

--------------------

OfflineAreoZephin
Stranger

Re: How do you know....... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3489591 - 12/13/04 05:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
It sounds to me that you are confusing attachment with genuine love. Attachment always creates the potential for pain and usually ends up in pain sooner or later. True love goes beyond such dualities.

This, should hint towards the answer to how you would know if any particular individual is 'the one', and more importantly, shed light on the situation of where you truly are in terms of emotional maturity and spiritual awareness.

Yeah you're right. Because you'd love someone to go to a better place, right? And you wouldn't be self centered about them being gone. Yeah, that's right.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology