Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBBShrizz
enthusiast
which mold is which? (pic)
    #348762 - 06/25/01 04:36 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i commonly notice these two similar green molds popping up. the first starts as white bubbly growths and gradually turns to a more 'forest' green. the second is a dusty, olive green. i am guessing the first one is trichoderma.

what do you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: which mold is which? (pic) [Re: BBShrizz]
    #348863 - 06/25/01 07:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

It look's like you have trichowhatever, and cobweb mold. I am sure there's cobweb mold there. Maybe the cobweb mold has grown over top of the green shit and made it look different.

www.thehawkseye.com
Mystic mountain mushrooms
Free Spore Ring(FSR)
all are welcome to the festival

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Offlinecelsius

#348909 - 06/25/01 08:20 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

That is the nastiest shit I have ever seen! Damn... Hope you have better luck next time. Try some of NuShroom's filter discs. =D

- Celsius

OfflineBBShrizz
enthusiast
    #348936 - 06/25/01 08:58 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i have close to 100% success in getting jars colonized, but the second i throw them into the terrarium i have contamination problems. cased, not cased, straw, grain, BRF, whatever. i wash out with bleach, bake my perlite, nothing helps. the egg crate is to keep the jars off the perlite.

that's par for the course for me. everyone talks about 'multiple flushes'; i'm lucky if i get one.

can anybody say 'invitro'?

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #348957 - 06/25/01 09:37 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

definately there's something wrong there...
for me you keep too packed the cakes...try to give more room between each other, this way you give more fresh air...
looks strange for me btw, i never got cakes contaminated....always when colonizing, never when fruiting...
also...how wet is the perlite??? i mean...if is clogged with water it doesn't do the trick...the perlite should be a 1 1/2-2 inch layer with very little water at bottom
and how often do you ventilate??
btw try to keep separate the cakes next time, so if one shows signs of contam you can toss it without losing the entire crop...

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

Edited by CLuB99 on 06/25/01 11:41 PM.

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #348963 - 06/25/01 09:45 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

ALL of your cakes have OVERLAY. Do you see how "shiny" they are??? You are packing your cakes too tight. As for your mold.... who cares what the fuck it is! it shure ain't the "good" kind :wink:... but great pics anyway... there is a forum here specificaly for CONTAMINATION ... i don't know how good the people who moderate/give advice there  are but i think you should post there anyway. good luck with your cakes.... o BTW looks like their just fruiting off of the bottom, or is that just me?

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: which mold is which? (pic) [Re: BrownPastures]
    #349081 - 06/26/01 12:50 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

hmmm shit man, that is nasty. like others said, most cakes should be able to find of simple mould spores once they are fully colonized. think about the conditions that are more favourable to mould than to mycellium and you will probably find ur problem. off the top of my head some of this are;
high humidity/moisture content of air, and little air exchange.
anyone else think of any?

I am a compulsive liar :wink:
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing
http://www.lilshopofspores.com
http://www.shaman-australis.com/shroom

--------------------
I am a compulsive liar :wink:

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: which mold is which? (pic) [Re: auto59009]
    #349366 - 06/26/01 02:15 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

hey it would be great if you could post these pics in the contamination forum and let us know if we can use them to start building up a faqs to help people identify their contaminations.

Thanks

Karen

*MAKE THE SHROOMERY A BETTER PLACE!*
Visit the suggestion forum & be active in ALL aspects of the community!
When you are done go visit the FSR!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract