Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShecky
forcing pins
    #347948 - 06/24/01 02:02 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, I have some jars that I want to start giving light to. They're fully colonized with amazing rhizomorphic growth. They're in a perlite terrarium now...I want to put the jars facing bottom up on the perlite so the bottom and sides can both get light. What I need to know is...will this actually allow the vermiculite seal to soak up water resulting in huge fatasses or fruiting problems? Giving them light now will help initiate pins right?

"What do you think I'd see if I could walk away from me?" Lou Reed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: forcing pins [Re: Shecky]
    #347951 - 06/24/01 02:10 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, yes.

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #347954 - 06/24/01 02:14 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Oops, sorry. No, the vermiculite won't produce fat asses unless you put them right on the perlite. Yes to the other two questions.

OfflineShecky
Re: forcing pins [Re: puscle]
    #347963 - 06/24/01 02:24 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Puscle.

Offlinesherminator
Flying Saucer Tour
 User Gallery
Loc: Elliot Bay
    #347973 - 06/24/01 02:44 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe a drop in Temp is inorder as well. I usually try to drop it about 5-10 degrees lower when I'm trying to spit out pins. Some say yes to this and others say no.......Thought you might like to know in case you didn't already
:)

YES, I KNOW ROCKSTEADY!!!

--------------------
Stop watering your lawn.  You can't eat it, it doesn't get you high and it probably doesn't belong in your region of the country anyway.  Precious grass lawns

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #348192 - 06/24/01 09:01 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

k... you will get pins no matter what if you just forget about your jars. If you just read the thread about different varieties of mushrooms you are in luck. There are strains out there from "credible" companies that actualy do what they are labeled/described as doing. In essence, if you DO have a strain that pins invitro and it is from a GOOD source you are in luck because it will do it on it's own... Hippie is not wrong with bringing his "lazyman's tek" out....it shows you the true nature of ALL cube species... i could go on but i'm too drunk to type... peace

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

OfflineShecky
Re: forcing pins [Re: BrownPastures]
    #348571 - 06/25/01 11:06 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks BP...They're PF classic from PF i Amanda Park. I've just been reading posts about it and Puscle methinks swears that you should wait for invitro pins to assure a better first flush. I respect you guys both, and I know you both know what you're talking about. I guess I'll go ahead and birth a terrarium's worth at first, and wait a few days for pins on another terrariums worth then birth them. All I want is all I can get-tee hee. Thanks all.

"what do you think I'd see, if I could walk away from me?" Lou Reed

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

#348577 - 06/25/01 11:14 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Here's a little tip friend. Take your first growing experiment as just that, and experiment. OBSERVE, PAY ATTENTION, TAKE NOTES, anything that will help you in future endevors. I'm not doubting you or trying to squelch your commitment, but i feel that, most times, you will not get "all that you can" on your first try. But trust me when i say that YOU WILL GET ALL THAT YOU CAN if you commit yourself and learn all that which is out there to help you. Good luck and Peace if you have any questions just ask ( i might NOT flame you :laugh: lol)

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

OfflineShecky
Re: forcing pins [Re: BrownPastures]
    #348713 - 06/25/01 03:27 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hey BP, cool, thanks. I totally hear you...but this isn't my first time growing-this is my first time succeeding. My first batch were the wizards, and let's just say that I should've known better. The next time around were a dozen cambos, a dozen B+, and a dozen Hawaiians. They were mercilessly slaughtered by my then roommate who got too stoned to turn off the space heater when I was at work. Then I tried 2 dozen more which may've worked if I knew you guys were here to answer questions. I took a break and read like a goddamn tweeker. Basically, I had read a lot of posts about people who can't get pf cakes to fruit. I just wanted to know if waiting invitro would help ensure pins and therefore shrooms. That's probably way more than you need to hear. But truth is I've sunk more time, money, and secrecy into this than I would have if I knew what it took before I started. Now it's more like a mission. I know I'm still a newbie and all, but this is probably going to be a life hobby. Still I appreciate all the input man, so thanks.

"Vive le Resistance!!!" The mole

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

#348822 - 06/25/01 06:06 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

You sound like you are a man on a successful mission. When you get invitro pinning you can be sure that you are going to fruit. The reason this happens is because invitro pinning means that the mushrooms have already started growing(pinning) before you put them into your terrarium. Invitro pinning occurs not because of light or what not. Monkeys around here keep jars in boxes that sometimes pin invitro. Invitro pinning ,in my oppinion, begins to happen after the mycelium have grown to a certain point (from the outside your cake may look 100% colonized but i think it's what happens INSIDE the cake that is important). I feel that after the mycelium have consumed enough of the cake they start to produce knots which turn into pins which turn into fruits. There is no 1 answer (as you may already know) why your cakes may/ or maynot fruit. The most important thing with cakes is ENVIRONMENT... Think of that cake as a naked baby. The conditions around it must often times be "perfect". i hope you understand what INVITRO PINNING is a little better now. if you have any more questions feel free to ask.peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder