Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
Hiemia salicifolia any good?
    #3485378 - 12/12/04 07:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The sunopener. Supposed to be yellow tinged trip with auditory hallucinations. Has anyone had any experience with this one. I like to trip, so this intrigues me. Would it be worth pursuing? A site search didn't turn up anything.

TweakerX

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Hiemia salicifolia any good? [Re: GoaM]
    #3487520 - 12/12/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

dunno still trying to grow mine. im having bad germ rates and the 2 that sprouted (out of 70 bloudy seeds) just died when i transplanted them. im saving the rest of my seeds for when i can devote some thought to them.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: Hiemia salicifolia any good? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3487527 - 12/12/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i am growing mine too. it was easy as all i did was flattent he surface of some potting mix and sprinkle it over the top of the potting mix. mist it with water, keep the potting mix moist all the time. 1st signs of growth were in 3days of putting them in.
its just been over a week and they are pretty visible.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Hiemia salicifolia any good? [Re: spudamore]
    #3487853 - 12/12/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

heimia is very good, of the most neglected entheogens i know.
but in order to really experience it, it has to be fairly freshly dried/harvested.
highly recommended plant to _grow_. =)

FH

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: Hiemia salicifolia any good? [Re: felixhigh]
    #3488386 - 12/12/04 09:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

felix any experience you have had?

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Hiemia salicifolia any good? [Re: spudamore]
    #3488570 - 12/12/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i have smoked heimia.
the yellowing of vision is minimal and i wouldn't have noticed it if i hadn't read about it before...
i did really enjoy the calming effects, made me very creative and contemplative at the same time, there's also a very typical effect, the cooling - it feels like a sudden cold breeze starts blowing, it was pleasant in every sense...
also there is an enhancement in sound perception.

FH

OfflineAelph
Playing in thedirt again

Loc: Metro Hotlanta
    #3489887 - 12/13/04 05:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You can also order them for under $5.00 a plant. I ordered one and it's now 4 feet tall and branching.

I know one grower that had one growing outside that was absolutely HUGE. He was going to cut it back with hedge trimmers!

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Hiemia salicifolia any good? [Re: Aelph]
    #3490627 - 12/13/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have some extra seed if anybody wants to grow it. The seeds are tiny, you just put them on the surface and keep moist for a while. They are very easy to lose due to dryness because they are so small when they sprout. It takes a few weeks or a few months to get them big enough to make it on their own. To transplant I just wait until they outgrow the pot they are in and then the rootball will slip out of the old pot and you can put it outside or in a bigger pot. Be sure to let it acclimate to the sun before you put it outdoors. I have a small bush I got from someone and a couple plants starting to bush out that I grew from seed. I also have a couple inside that I'm going to put out a little later on.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

#3502700 - 12/15/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

felixhigh said:
i have smoked heimia.
the yellowing of vision is minimal and i wouldn't have noticed it if i hadn't read about it before...
i did really enjoy the calming effects, made me very creative and contemplative at the same time, there's also a very typical effect, the cooling - it feels like a sudden cold breeze starts blowing, it was pleasant in every sense...
also there is an enhancement in sound perception.
FH

Hey, this is great. Sounds very nice. I am going to look for the dried herb. And may very well order a plant or two, or try from seed if my khat germinates. Thanks alot for the replies and the good information. I am definitely going to try this one.

TweakerX

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#3503796 - 12/15/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

dude, most dried leaves from vendors won't do nothing near the leaves one grows/harvests himself, freshness is something critical with this plant.
you're likely to get disappointed if you order dried foliage...
go straight for the seeds/plants!

FH

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #3504607 - 12/15/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Felixhigh, how did those seeds I sent you a while ago turn out?
I had quite a few young plants growing, but had to sacrifice them because I had absolutely nowhere for them to go over winter! Very sad :frown:.
I'll try again one day when my cacti have moved to their permanent home (in southern Spain. Should get good growth there :laugh:). They should be big and strong enough to survive out on their own next year I think, then I'll have lots more room to grow things like heimia. But the pedro farm is my priority right now!

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Hiemia salicifolia any good? [Re: Openminded]
    #3504976 - 12/15/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hi Openminded!!!
can't you keep the heimia indoors for the winter there?
ok, they mustn't enjoy vases.
i haven't yet planted the heimias you sent me, but they're the next ones in the queue!
my experience comes from wild plants a biologist friend of mine brought me once from the country...
pedro farm in spain? sounds like heaven... =D
spanish girls... =b~~~

FH

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

#3507863 - 12/16/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

felixhigh said:
dude, most dried leaves from vendors won't do nothing near the leaves one grows/harvests himself, freshness is something critical with this plant.
you're likely to get disappointed if you order dried foliage...
go straight for the seeds/plants!

Check on that Felixhigh. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try the plant/seed route this new year. Question: how fast do these grow? They should fair fine under a metalhalide right? I don't have a yard or balcony to put them in right now. But I also don't have an electric bill.  :wink: Rent covers all.

--------------------

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

#3508000 - 12/16/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's right FH. Peruvian torch, Spanish girls and Moroccan hash :laugh:. But not for a few years yet, while the cacti get established well. I could have had the heimia indoors, if it wasn't for the fact that all my space is taken up with cacti of various ages that are waiting to go to Spain!

Tweaker, the plants really start to take off after a few months. The first two months is slow, but as they get bigger they grow faster and faster and faster! Just remember that they need a lot of room for their roots, and they hate being crowded together too much. I bet with good conditions you could get to a small bush in a year. MH lighting should be OK, but you might need a bit of shading for them, especially when young, depending on how close the light is and what wattage it is.....

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

#3512353 - 12/17/04 04:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

MMMmm. Spanish girls and moroccan hash sounds good! Dusky skin, big titties....Yeah. I'd like two or three on me.  :smirk:

Anyhow. Thanks for the info. I think I'll try this stuff. I'm very interested.

--------------------

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

#3523669 - 12/20/04 08:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Greenstranger has heimia plants at $5 each. I'm starting to feel my plate is almost full for the coming year, project wise. But I think I can handle a couple more plants. I imagine they'd do alright under kitchen flourescents?

Work hard, get fucked up.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#3547718 - 12/27/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey Openminded, it seems something's coming up from the vase where i planted the Heimia seeds you sent me!
i can spot some sprouts, with very tiny cotyledons, both of them together should have one millimiter or so...
is this Heimia? i planted it on sterile soil mix, just like i do with cacti... humidity bag over the vase.

FH

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3548318 - 12/27/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm... I may have to try growing some of these myself...

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Hiemia salicifolia any good? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3548809 - 12/27/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have a few in my yard and a couple indoors. The hardest part is the first few weeks. After they get over about 1/2" they toughen up but until then they can die in the blink of an eye. I usually keep them under plastic wrap until they are over 1/4" because the tiniest bit of dryness and they are gone.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

#3549275 - 12/27/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds good Felix. They are tiny seeds, and therefore produce tiny sprouts! You'll know for sure once they get a bit bigger and you can compare them with other's photos. When I planted mine (1st of June, I think) I got very good germination rates, I was just thinking that maybe freshness was important, which is why I asked how they were getting on... but it sounds like all is going well! :sun:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules