Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

Loc: NJ, USA
just a random, hypothetical weed question...
    #3486088 - 12/12/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what would one do if his or her seedling were to be growing too tall(8.5cm with 2 small leaves) with a 7W night light 6 inches away from the sprout at all times...on a 12 hr light cycle?

:cool:

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods
This is quite possibly the easiest way to get something free on the internet. When asked which offer(yea, just 1) you will complete, you want to choose video professor. You can get a full refund on shipping and everything. Once five people (don't even have to know them) complete the offer as well...you get an IPod. I sh*t you not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: just a random, hypothetical weed question... [Re: raSman]
    #3486125 - 12/12/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

first of all your nightlight isnt going to grow a plant, you need to invest in a grow light, second of all, give the damn thing a bigger pot and let it grow, its a plant, it does its thing, it will even out eventually, is it fuzzy yet, you may have yourself a male, but definitely you a probably mistaking to tall for to high sativa content in the seed, sativa plants get tall, prepare for eight feet give or take.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

Re: just a random, hypothetical weed question... [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3486182 - 12/12/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the seeds came from some product someone had...really high THC stuff...seeds also took 2 daes to germinate and 1 to sprout...i think the pots are big enough though...extremely deep and like 8 inches around

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods
This is quite possibly the easiest way to get something free on the internet. When asked which offer(yea, just 1) you will complete, you want to choose video professor. You can get a full refund on shipping and everything. Once five people (don't even have to know them) complete the offer as well...you get an IPod. I sh*t you not.

InvisibleGlassOnion
Stranger
Loc: Antartica
    #3486210 - 12/12/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not giving the plant enough light can cause stretching.
I would look into the low stress training technique- basically each time a new branch grows you tie it down at a 90degree angle from the plant. Certainly makes for a nice yield

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3486263 - 12/12/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A 7 watt night light?

OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

Re: just a random, hypothetical weed question... [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3486480 - 12/12/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yes...7 watts 6 inches from the plant

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods

OfflineraSman
Ethnobotanist InTraining

#3486495 - 12/12/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

nd btw...what wud fuzzy sprouts mean?

--------------------
Free Chain Of IPods

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3486558 - 12/12/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you want to grow smallscale (like Salvia) I got a great tip!

t/make a closet about 1 sq. ft. in size with white insides and some holes for ventilation. You power this up with an 11 watt screw-in saving-bulb for outside you know the things, a huge glass lamp (waterproof) with a small curled up fluorescent tube inside that saves energy but screws in like an incandescent.

These are high output fluorescent tubes which means those 11 Watt will light up like over half a 4ft fluorescent tube. If you use the outdoor version and screw it into an outdoor-type waterproof socket your little closet is safe against condensation moisture shortcircuiting and it just has potting soil pots underneath.
You just lower or pull the lamp up as it grows!

One such bulb will pump as much light into your square ft like in a professional Dutch hydro growing setup would, with a common cheap nonsuspect storebought energy-savings lamp!

-small 1 sq ft closet 5ft high
-11 W energy savings fluorescent lamp suitable for outdoor use
-light socket + cable suitable for outdoor use
-flowerpots + potting soil + liq supermarket fertilizer

makes 20-50gr herbal product x4 = 80-200gr herbal product a year.

Sounds attractive?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: just a random, hypothetical weed question... [Re: Asante]
    #3486636 - 12/12/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

fuzzy means that your plant is female and will actually produce enough thc to produce an effect, probably to early to tell, if it begins to develope little balls at the edges of the stems then it is male and you should make rope out of it.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3486645 - 12/12/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

was it compact and very resinous(canabis sativa) or light, fluffy and crystalized(canabis indica) the two plants grow very differently, sativa will be tall, kind of looking like a charlie brown christmas tree, indica grows short and fluffy like a bush, there is no way in hell that you have a 100% of either, weed is generaly a blend, it is just how much of each type.

--------------------

OfflineFunkstah
Funky HumanBeing
 User Gallery
    #3486835 - 12/12/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

7W light? Hahahaha!!! No shit it's too tall, your plant can't find any light so it's stretching hard to look for a sun spot. Bare minimum you need a compact floro that was mentioned earlier. You can't grow with a regular light bulb, it has to be a floro. Unless that is you want to splurge for a MH or HPS lamp. Your plant would love you if you brought it a 400WMH to veg out to.

Also, you won't be ready for a 12 hour light cycle for quite some time. 12/12 is for flowering. Keep that compact floro on all the time until your plant gets big, then switch to 12/12.

--------------------
"Music is the best" -Frank Zappa

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3486854 - 12/12/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Have you ever actually used that lighting? Overgrow recommends 50w/sq.ft. Not rated watts but actual watts. So if that fluoro states 11w but equal to 50w then it counts as 11w.

An 11w light for a marijuana plant would be absolutely useless. The plant would stretch like a bastard and be worthless.

OfflineChaos_ult
Stranger
    #3487031 - 12/12/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

First, let me direct you to www.overgrow.com

They have the best information on the entire internet. Check their FAQs for basic info on growing.

I would like to reccomend compact floro's if you're working in a compact grow space. Look for the "cool white" bulbs at your local hardware store, as they have the correct light spectrum for the growth period. Later in the growth cycle, you're going to want to switch to warm white bulbs, as they are more on the red side of the spectrum, which is great for flowering. You can find all of this info and more in the overgrow FAQ. Check it out.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: just a random, hypothetical weed question... [Re: newuser1492]
    #3487177 - 12/12/04 05:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen setups.

50 W/sq.ft. is just about the maximum you can pump into it. 10-20 W would be comparable to sunlight. If you can get it to work it's OK but you might need sodium lights which are pretty suspect.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3487264 - 12/12/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

10-20 W would be comparable to sunlight.

:rotfl:

Quote:

If you can get it to work it's OK but you might need sodium lights which are pretty suspect.

Suspect of what? Working very well and being extremely efficient?

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62909&highlight=sun+equal+to

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3487306 - 12/12/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What's with the :rotfl: ?

Quote:

Suspect of what? Working very well and being extremely efficient?

Suspect of being bought for marijuana growing and watched by the cops.
Suspect of particular power peaks upon starting that are used to bust people in Holland.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3487376 - 12/12/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you had followed that link you would see that the sun gives off approximately 50,000 lux on a clear day. A SonAgro 430w HPS gives off approximately 26,500 lux. A 10-20w bulb is most definitely not comparable to the sun.

Quote:

Suspect of being bought for marijuana growing and watched by the cops.

Show me one case where a person was arrested for purchasing a single HPS system. Actually show me one case where police were able to get a search warrant based solely on the purchase of a single HPS system.

Also depending on the wattage of the HPS light the increase in power consumption would be minimal. A 250w HPS uses maybe 5 amps at 120v initially then stabilizes at a lower current. To think the police would look for a 5 amp draw in power is ridiculous.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3487482 - 12/12/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In temperate zones one square meter at sea level catches about 1 megawatt. This boils down to about 250 watt per day. Divided by 24 hours is roughly 11 Watt-hours per square foot.
"on a clear day" is as biased as "on an overcast day", it's annual averages that count. In the tropics 2.5 MW/M2/year is about the max which translates to some 25 Watt-hours per square foot.
These figures are derived from the MW/M2/year figures you can find on any site that deals with solar panels, the rest is just math.

A two-part documentary on the winners and losers of the War on Drugs featured the tale of a legitimate orchid grower who wanted to sell sodium grow-lights in his store for orchids. Some kids bought some and grew marijuana and got busted. Guess what: this senior citizen, a legitimate orchid grower, got over 10 years of prison time on some bullshit charge relating to the marijuana kids grew with his lights.

Quote:

To think the police would look for a 5 amp draw in power is ridiculous.

Then do the time for ridiculous. There is a specific sequence to a lamp, a 12/12 photoperiod doesn't help too and THAT is what they home in to.

Story: a friend has a bigass sea aquarium he built himself. He used 20 fluorescents to light it. Guess what. Ding-dong: Dutch police with search warrant at his door. They came to see what the large setup of fluorescents on a day/night rhythm was used for.
They knew what he had by the electricity signature.

But you are in the deny mode, which includes mistakes like comparing A SonAgro 430w HPS' light output with what i stated for one square foot.
That "10-20w bulb" was a high-output fluorescent, not incandescent.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3487543 - 12/12/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Perhaps the Dutch electrical grid is completely different than the US version. Here unless the power company monitors the meter directly outside my home they will have only total power used. They will have no idea as to my daily or even hourly use.

If you truly believe that 10-20w is comparable to the sun then why does no informed grower use such a bulb? And why have people who have attempted to use 10-20w cfls failed miserably?

I'll find even more information on light equivalent when time permits.

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3487663 - 12/12/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Keep it under 1000W and you should be good.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies