Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineboOM
Female User Gallery

experimental cuisine
    #3485614 - 12/12/04 11:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

so today i decided to cook something with the items in our fridge...and surprisingly it came out quite tasty! here's the recipe...

if anyone else has any experimental recipes that you'd like to share don't be inhibited...share it!

pork filets with caramalized onions/mushroom sauce and sweet potato mash
serving for 2 people

2 120 gram pork filets
half a lemon
garlic salt
paprika
coursely grounded pepper
-
4 medium sized buttom mushrooms, chopped
6 medium sized shitake mushrooms, chopped
1 dl of cream
? cup of shreded parmesean cheese
-
1 large onion sliced into thin strips
-
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 dl of milk
1 tablespoon butter
butter

start off by making the caramalized onions. This takes about an hour or so. There's actually a thread here in the culinary arts forum with the method of making it. mine is similar...
- With the heat on high and a large skillet on the hob, melt some butter and then add your onions. make sure your onions are well coated.
- Once the onions look transparent, decrease the heat gradually until at the lowest setting. keep moving your onions around in the skillet to make sure all are cooked evenly.
- cook for 45min - 1hr until the onions are brown.

- take your 2 pork filets and sprinkle with garlic salt, paprika, ground pepper and squeeze lemon juice onto it. let it sit for a half hour or so.
- in a large skillet, melt some butter.
- place your pork filets onto the skillet and cooked until juices run clear.
- once the filets are cooked, place them on a plate or something and DON'T DISCARD THE DRIPPINGS from the skillet..
- place your skillet on the hob again on medium heat, add a little bit more butter and place the button/shitake mushrooms which have been chopped up into the skillet.
- once the mushrooms are cooked in the drippings, add the ? cup of parmesean cheese and the 1 dl of cream. cook on the lowest setting so everything is combined. viola..the sauce is done!

to make sweet potato mash...
- cut the sweet potato into cubes and place in a medium sized pot.
- add water and boil till the sweet potatos are tender
- mash with a potato masher, add 1 tsp sugar, 1 dl of milk and 1 tablespoon of butter. mix together

so that's about it...once everything is done, put the caramalized onions on top of the pork filet along with the mushroom sauce. accompany this with the sweet potato mash :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing