Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
weilii at work(updated)
    #3485507 - 12/12/04 08:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I mentioned in another thread a cluster of Ps. weilii I had found a few days ago, so I figured I'd follow up and share some pics. My father and I own a buisness where we pump sand from a local river and sell it to different rock quarries and concrete companies. We have a barge that sits on the river and pumps the sand, the sand goes through a screen and into a tank where the smaller organics and debris are floated off. When the sand builds up to a certain point in the tanks there is a mechanisim that trips and the sand falls out through small holes/valves in the bottom of the tank. Well, all the big debris like sticks/rocks/leaves that gets screened off before the sand enters the tank, starts to pile up off to the side and we have to move it out. We have a location where all this debri/tailings is dumped and spread out. This is where I have been finding Ps. weilii on my property. I assume that some of the sticks that are pumped and screened off already have Ps. weilii mycelium attached to them. I have seen weilii come up in piles of these tailings that are only a month or two old. This also proves that weilii doesn't need clay or soil to grow from, these piles of tailings are made up of sand, rock, sticks,leaves, acorns, clam shells, and other various trash common in urban rivers.

Anyways, I'm stoned and its sunday morning and I need my coffee and donuts so lets cut to the chase...

Pictures....Notice the weilii hiding in the bottom right corner, there were more mushrooms out there than I could fit in one pic, but this was the best cluster.

I will add to this thread after I pick whats out there. We are having a bit of a cold snap here after all the rain we got, the mushrooms are growing slow. I'm not sure if they are going to mature or not, I'll have to check em daily.

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (12/15/04 05:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBitterPill
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: weilii at work(pics) [Re: Lizard King]
    #3485557 - 12/12/04 09:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, I'm actually wishing I could spend a fall season in Georgia rather than Seattle. Very nice cluster and cool story about how they came to exist in that spot. Enjoy.

-BP

Offlinehunter27
hunt'n forshrooms
Loc: Oregon
    #3486306 - 12/12/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

those are some bad ass pics lizard king, cool little story too. How potent are weilii's? How much of a doseage does it take to trip?

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #3486375 - 12/12/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

LK, you better go ahead and pick those guys.. we're going to drop down into the lower 20s on Wednesday. I have a feeling the active mushrooms are about done for this year.

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: weilii at work(pics) [Re: Gumby]
    #3486561 - 12/12/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Give'em some protection if you can, maybe they'll make it through the cold spell. I did it once with some mushies I was studying. I made a little mini-greenhouse over'em, and they made it through the cold weather.

doo

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: weilii at work(pics) [Re: doo]
    #3488104 - 12/12/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks LK :thumbup:

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinefindaway29
Stranger
Loc: Ga
Re: weilii at work(pics) [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3491456 - 12/13/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

omg man. great info. please keep us posted.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#3505224 - 12/15/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So here they are. I picked them two days ago just before a cold snap. It was down around 19 degrees here last night and these weilii would have been frozen for sure. They never really did mature, the warm weather we had was brief and I suppose they started to stunt and abort. It was one strange cluster of weilii. Only the caps of the mushrooms ever broke ground, the stems all remained under the surface and there were entire mushrooms that never even came up complete under the soil. It was like digging for truffles, there were weilii under ground hiding :smile: I bet all in all there were 30 mushrooms I pulled out of the ground, only about 10 of which were actually visible.

What can I say, it was an awesome way to end the season and one of the better more interesting clusters of Ps. weilii I have ever found.

And the pics...I'm posting alot of different angles cuz I'm proud of em :smile: and because there ain't a whole lot other out there to be taking pictures of during this cold weather.

LK,

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3505277 - 12/15/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

nice pics

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #3507953 - 12/16/04 09:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

really nice. They look to be bruising extremely intensely. I bet they're potent buggers.

InvisibleRockstar69
Stoner

Loc: Georgia
Re: weilii at work(pics) [Re: nycomyco]
    #3509174 - 12/16/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

nice find and nice pics!

--------------------
"We gotta stop smokin', stop, stop, ..I mean cigarette smokin!" -- Jimi Hendrix :jamming:

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3509419 - 12/16/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

this thread is totally rad :thumbup:

my only beef is that you pulled a lot of mycelium out... I would have tried to snip them with scicors... Hopefully you put that mycelium ' tap root' back out in the wild to keep growing : )

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: weilii at work(pics) [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3509564 - 12/16/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You make a good point 2experimental. I meant to explain why I pulled so much mycelium with the mushrooms in my last post but forgot to. Like I was saying in my last post these mushrooms were burried and only the caps ever broke surface. It was impossible to get to the stems with scissors without digging. I did try to dig down around them but was disturbing alot of mycelium that way and decided I'd just pull them and fill in the hole. Usually I wouldn't ever pull from a personal patch that I can pick at will without worry, I typically only end up pulling mushrooms while "speed picking" in lawns where I maybe shouldn't be :smile:

Another thing was how damn thick the mycelium under these mushrooms was, forget strandy it was a pure white mass and I could tell it had a good strong hold on the surrounding "soil". Just look at those root like strands of mycelium attached to that cluster, pretty aggressive looking stuff :smile:

LK,

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3509721 - 12/16/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Totally unlike anything I have ever seen :smile:

Almost like they have plant 'roots', but it isn't ..

I am with ya, normally I use scissors, but every now and then,  there is no other way except grab and keep moving :frown:

Can't wait to see how your patch does in the spring and fall!

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
    #3511391 - 12/16/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Very nice pics LK. I bet those
beauties are more potent than
a warmer weather fruiting. Let us
know. :grin:

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

Offlineceoner
Stranger
Re: weilii at work(pics) [Re: Peaceful_Nomad]
    #3513109 - 12/17/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

so the stuff they grew out of is essentially sludge??cool stuff I had a good time with weili this year made it down a few times and found some so i'm happy but that s really cool if they don't require clay or pine or bermuda it gives me hope that could live here...thx LK

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck