Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

The Spirituality to Weed
    #3485283 - 12/12/04 07:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What No One Wants to Know about Marijuana , from  The Natural Mind by Dr. Andrew Weil.

Check the link out, its quite interesting and clearly states how weed can be spiritual, as it forces us to concentrate on the Now. Any opinion or disagreement is welcome.

:stoned:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: The Spirituality to Weed [Re: exclusive58]
    #3485288 - 12/12/04 07:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

it all depends on the person that is taking it, if thats what they choose or want to experience.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: The Spirituality to Weed [Re: spudamore]
    #3485695 - 12/12/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"The user who correctly interprets the significance of his spontaneous highs takes the first step away from dependence on the drug to achieve the desired state of consciousness and the first step toward freer use of his own nervous system."
"... the less physiological noise, the easier it is for a user to understand the true nature of drugs and their highly indirect relationship to states of consciousness.

i believe this is very true. that a natural 'high' can be achieved without the use of drugs through the use of alternate attitudes towards subjective experience. since all experience is subjective to whichever attitude you may decide to approach it with and look back on it with.

check out the concept of psychological 'flow'. thatd be the best way i could explain a natural high. much better than any drug induced high because you created it internally.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: The Spirituality to Weed [Re: exclusive58]
    #3485903 - 12/12/04 01:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"much better than any drug induced high because you created it internally.
"

So,is "internal" inherently good,since "external" seems some how to be of "lower grade" to people using it for spirituality? External would be "lower grade" in my opinion if everyone uses it everyday.Can you believe that i use this herb 3-4 times a year? Now compare with the majority where they smoke weed everyday more often than they drink water...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Spirituality to Weed [Re: spudamore]
    #3485927 - 12/12/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spudamore said:
it all depends on the person that is taking it, if thats what they choose or want to experience.

Not exactly, marijuana is going to bring about a focus on the happenings of the moment and the details of that moment whether or not the person chooses for it to be that way. It will bring about more awareness to one's thoughts, or one's physical sensations. The difference in the effects marijuana produces lies soley in the user's mind.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: The Spirituality to Weed [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3486018 - 12/12/04 02:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, hence music being so much more enjoyable when stoned.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: The Spirituality to Weed [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3486148 - 12/12/04 02:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Marijuana is going to bring about a focus on the happenings of the moment and the details of that moment whether or not the person chooses for it to be that way. It will bring about more awareness to one's thoughts, or one's physical sensations. The difference in the effects marijuana produces lies soley in the user's mind.

True. Anyone have any thoughts on why some people become paranoid while high? How does this "being hyper aware of the now" translate into depersonalisation and paranoia for some?

Here are some quotes from The Hashish Eater, published in 1857, making it one of the first American books about cannabis. I include them in this post because they describe the cannabis paranoia better than anything else I've read:

Quote:

As I heard once more the alien and unreal tones of my own voice, I became convinced that it was some one else who spoke, and in another world. I sat and listened; still the voice kept speaking.

Quote:

... And now every moment increased the conviction that I was watched. I did not know then, as I learned afterwards, that suspicion of all earthly things and persons was the characteristic of the Hashish delirium

Quote:

In the midst of my complicated hallucination, I could perceive that I had a dual existence. One portion of me was whirled unresistingly along the track of this tremendous experience, the other sat looking down from a height upon its double, observing, reasoning, and serenely weighing all the phenomena. This calmer being suffered with the other by sympathy, but did not lose its self-possession. Presently it warned me that I must go home, lest the growing effect of the Hashish should incite me to some act which might frighten my friends. I acknowledged the force of this remark very much as if it had been mad by another person, and rose to take my leave.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology