Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Fallujah Napalmed
    #3485086 - 12/12/04 04:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'ts not exactly napalm like the title says, but a new form of it that does the same (more powerful?) thing.
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/121004_fallujah_napalmed.shtml
-------------------------------------------------------------------

FALLUJAH NAPALMED

Nov 28 2004
US uses banned weapon... but was Tony Blair told?
By Paul Gilfeather, Political Editor

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=14920109&method=full&siteid=106694&
headline=fallujah-napalmed-name_page.html

US troops are secretly using outlawed napalm gas to wipe out remaining insurgents in and around Fallujah.

News that President George W. Bush has sanctioned the use of napalm, a deadly cocktail of polystyrene and jet fuel banned by the United Nations in 1980, will stun governments around the world.

And last night Tony Blair was dragged into the row as furious Labour MPs demanded he face the Commons over it. Reports claim that innocent civilians have died in napalm attacks, which turn victims into human fireballs as the gel bonds flames to flesh.

Outraged critics have also demanded that Mr Blair threatens to withdraw British troops from Iraq unless the US abandons one of the world's most reviled weapons. Halifax Labour MP Alice Mahon said: "I am calling on Mr Blair to make an emergency statement to the Commons to explain why this is happening. It begs the question: 'Did we know about this hideous weapon's use in Iraq?'"

Since the American assault on Fallujah there have been reports of "melted" corpses, which appeared to have napalm injuries.

Last August the US was forced to admit using the gas in Iraq.

A 1980 UN convention banned the use of napalm against civilians - after pictures of a naked girl victim fleeing in Vietnam shocked the world.

America, which didn't ratify the treaty, is the only country in the world still using the weapon.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com
http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/2003-08/10/article10.shtml

U.S. Admits Using Napalm Bombs In Iraq: Report

"The U.S. is the only country that has used napalm for a long time. I am not aware of any other country that uses it," Pike

WASHINGTON, August 10 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - The United States admitted dropping the internationally-banned incendiary weapon of napalm on Iraq, despite earlier denials by the Pentagon that the "horrible" weapon had not been used in the three-week invasion.

An upgraded type of the weapon, a terrifying mixture of jet fuel and polystyrene that sticks to skin as it burns, was used in March and April 2003, when dozens of napalm bombs were dropped near bridges over the Saddam Canal and the Tigris river, south of Baghdad, the Independent reported Sunday, August 10.

"We napalmed both those [bridge] approaches," the paper quoted Colonel James Alles, commander of Marine Air Group 11, as saying.

"Unfortunately there were people there ... you could see them in the [cockpit] video. They were Iraqi soldiers. It's no great way to die," said Alles.

On March 22 a correspondent for Sydney Morning Herald, traveling with U.S. marines reported that napalm was used in an attack on Iraqi troops at Safwan Hill, near the Kuwait border.

His account was based on statements by two U.S. marines officers on the ground.

"Safwan Hill went up in a huge fireball and the observation post was obliterated. I pity anyone who is in there," a Marine sergeant said

The Pentagon insisted at the time the statement was "patently false".

"The U.S. took napalm out of service in the 1970s. We completed the destruction of our last batch of napalm on April 4, 2001, and no longer maintain any stocks of napalm," Lieutenant-Commander Jeff Davis, from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense had said.

'Generals Love Napalm'
But a Pentagon official told Agence France-Presse (AFP) on Thursday that U.S. forces used the new type against Iraqi forces in their drive towards Baghdad and defended their use as legal and necessary.

The official, who did not wish to be identified, said that U.S. marines jets dropped the fire bombs at least once to destroy Iraqi positions at Safwan.

"It is like this: you've got [an] enemy that's hard to get at. And it will save your own lives to use it. There were no international conventions against it, the official said.

Marines used the bombs on at least two other occasions during the drive to Baghdad, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported this week.

"The generals love napalm? it has a big psychological effect," the paper quoted Alles as saying.

Marine Corps Maj-Gen Jim Amos confirmed to the paper that napalm was used on several occasions in the invasion.

A 1980 U.N. convention banned the use against civilian targets of napalm. The U.S., which did not sign the treaty, is one of the few countries that makes use of the weapon, as it was employed notoriously against both civilian and military targets in the Vietnam war, according to the Independent.

The revelation that napalm was used in the invasion of Iraq, while the Pentagon denied it, has outraged opponents of the war.

"Most of the world understands that napalm and incendiaries are a horrible, horrible weapon," Robert Musil, director of the organization Physicians for Social Responsibility, told the British paper.

"It takes up an awful lot of medical resources. It creates horrible wounds." Musil said denial of its use "fits a pattern of deception [by the U.S. administration]".

It Is Still Napalm
The Pentagon said it had not tried to deceive. It drew a distinction between traditional napalm, first invented in 1942, and the weapons dropped in Iraq, which it calls Mark 77 firebombs. They weigh 510lbs, and consist of 44lbs of polystyrene-like gel and 63 gallons of jet fuel.

John Pike, director of the military studies group GlobalSecurity.Org, said: "You can call it something other than napalm but it is still napalm. It has been reformulated in the sense that they now use a different petroleum distillate, but that is it. The U.S. is the only country that has used napalm for a long time. I am not aware of any other country that uses it."

Musil said the Pentagon's effort to draw a distinction between the weapons was outrageous.

"It's Orwellian. They do not want the public to know. It's a lie," he said.

After the offensive on Iraq ended, Iraqis began to complain about unexploded cluster bombs that still litter their areas and the U.S. forces failed to take them away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
Could this be used at all as grounds for an international inquiry, since it is an war atrocity to use napalm?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3485088 - 12/12/04 04:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

its war. bad things happen in war.

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #3485221 - 12/12/04 05:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

and sometimes, when one nation does something particularly nasty to another country, it is called a war crime.

we are learning so much today, class!

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3485279 - 12/12/04 07:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Let napalm reign...

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #3485510 - 12/12/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
its war. bad things happen in war.

Great. We can do anything we want!

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Remaining Few - Painted Air

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #3485594 - 12/12/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Napalm
MOAB
Daisycutter
Fuel-Air-Explosives
Clusterbombs
Depleted Uranium munitions

Al Graib prison
Guantanamo bay.
Businessplane flies convicts to Syria etc to be tortured and back again.
Confessions elicited by torture are officially admissible in a US court.

Debating this is futile. The US Government honestly and sincerely does not care which human rights or international laws they violate. It is no scandal, not an outrage: it is meticulously calculated policy

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: Asante]
    #3485598 - 12/12/04 11:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

U.S.A!! U.S.A!! U.S.A!!

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: Revelation]
    #3485703 - 12/12/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The US did not sign on to the Napalm ban
The only use admitted by American officials was to clear two bridge approaches and an observation post.
"Reports claim that innocent civilians.." in a two week old article that I have seen no further corroboration of leads me to conclude that you will accept anything anyone says that might cast a bad light on American activities in Iraq. In that case I have a report for you. Consider this a news flash. "The Swedish army of civil servants has invaded Finland and appropriated their vast reindeer herds because it gets cold in the winter and they need some reindeer love." That is also a report.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3485736 - 12/12/04 12:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

smells like... victory.

InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

Loc: Burn Ward
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: ]
    #3485794 - 12/12/04 12:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I seriously hope Bush is admired for his leadership. I would love to see that man nominated for another term. What a dynamic administration!

--------------------
:dragon: See all my Favorite Threads (lots of info)

:alert: ATTENTION NOOBS: ASK ALL YOUR CULTIVATION QUESTIONS HERE :alert:

buy my impulse and vacuum sealers  :pm: <--click

Edited by WI_Shroomer_Skater (12/14/04 10:12 PM)

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: Dragonaut]
    #3485875 - 12/12/04 01:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I seriously hope Bush is ass ass in ate d.

According to the Patriot Act you are now a terrorist.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Edited by Asante (12/12/04 01:17 PM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3486039 - 12/12/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

fuck reason...this war is being fought to preserve the gains of hard-working.."intelligent" americans..who are willing to bust their asses for decades for the privelidge of operating an expensive vehicle...there is no length these scum will not go to in order to protect those gains..including rape..torture..and napalm...they are not good..law-abiding citizens who deserve to be recognized and rewarded for their "contributions".. they are evil predators who must be treated like the animals they are..as is also the case for the majority that would back them...

the iraq war is in a sense the purest form of the american work ethic ..according to which the iraqis did nothing to "earn" that oil.. they just had the misfortune of being born sitting on top of it...OTOH..we have earned it by virtue of the time and effort we put in brewing up napalm and building planes to drop it on them...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3486267 - 12/12/04 03:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Why are so many of you so.... Tree hugging? peace loving? hippies?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: downforpot]
    #3486322 - 12/12/04 03:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
Why are so many of you so.... Tree hugging? peace loving? hippies?

Because it only makes sense?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Remaining Few - Painted Air

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
    #3486370 - 12/12/04 03:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm shocked, I can't believe that my country did this, but then again I'm not so surprised. I don't think this is right, our country is hurting so many innocent people, it's no wonder why so many people hate us.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3486406 - 12/12/04 03:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
Why are so many of you so.... Tree hugging?  peace loving? hippies?

Maybe because this is a shroom website.  :smile:

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: Tantalus]
    #3486456 - 12/12/04 03:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have done my fair share of shrooms and I am taking a break because shit made me think crazy thoughts.

Doing shrooms does not mean they will make you into a hippie or some peace loving mofo. At least it didn't make me into one. In fact, it made me into a "realist." I began to see the world as a survival of the fittest place. I donno if this makes me a cold hearted 19 year old kid but that's what I came to be after years of doing shrooms and other shit.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3486564 - 12/12/04 04:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

it won't turn you into a hippie, but once you strip down your ego you can see that we are no better than anyone else in the world, nor worse. we have no right be imposing our beliefs on them, war takes us nowhere except to more war. history has proven this.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Fallujah Napalmed [Re: Hendostan]
    #3486597 - 12/12/04 04:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

We are not better than arabs or anyone else. To tell you the truth, I love chicks of semetic origin. That includes israeli, palestinian, pakistani, kurds. Not sure if everyone in the middle east is of semetic origin, but the point is that I just see the world as everyone fighting for their share of the earth, resources, prosperity. That does not mean that one has to hate everyone else, it just means that people can benefit from other people's situation.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3487136 - 12/12/04 07:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SWEDEN said:
and sometimes, when one nation does something particularly nasty to another country, it is called a war crime.

we are learning so much today, class!

Killing people during war is not a crime, its a strategy.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion