Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: eddstack]
    #3481858 - 12/11/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

100 bucks says you did not know this girl.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3481864 - 12/11/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm content, my soul is fine, how's yours?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3481926 - 12/11/04 02:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah and stop using the word "dope".

OH MY GOD!!! THE DOPE!!! :shocked:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisibleeddstack
HotGameGirl
 User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: gdman]
    #3481970 - 12/11/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I expected no less from an idiot.at no time did i say praise the lord you FUCKING BITCH!

--------------------
Go to medal of honor allied assault and die by my hands.spearhead {game spy)

Invisibleeddstack
HotGameGirl
 User Gallery

#3481973 - 12/11/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

your gay and will die soon doper.DIE DOPER DIE!

--------------------

Invisibleeddstack
HotGameGirl
 User Gallery

#3481976 - 12/11/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

1.000.000 says id do

--------------------

Invisibleeddstack
HotGameGirl
 User Gallery

#3481981 - 12/11/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

maybe its time for you losers to move out of mommies and get a job

--------------------

Invisibleeddstack
HotGameGirl
 User Gallery

#3481987 - 12/11/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

gdman an idiot on so many levels.get a job and sober up waste of humanity.your parents must be so proud.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3482179 - 12/11/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have a job, and yes, my parents are very proud.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3482199 - 12/11/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

my coomemt was a littl harsh. read below.

--------------------

Edited by gdman (12/11/04 03:27 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3482238 - 12/11/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I do feel bad that this girl died, I'm not cold hearted, but it is not the mushroom that killed her. Never in history has anyone died from a Cannabis, Mushroom, DMT, LSD, or Mescaline over dose. Never, not one person. However, many have died as a direct result of Alcohol and Pharmaceutical over doses, sit on that one for a while. People might have died while under the influence, but that's different. Running around the street naked is not a normal reaction to mushrooms, there is something else to this story that they aren't telling us. If you really knew this girl, I'm sorry, you have to understand anyone can google "mushrooms" and this site will probably be one of the first few hits. With the anonymous nature of the net, people can play "let's troll the forum" without real consequence. This girl's death is being exploited by media sensationalists, those are the people who you should direct your anger at.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3482278 - 12/11/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

They want to put these two guys away because the girl decided to run in the highway when tripping, but when a doctor gives a 12 year a more dangerous prescription than any psilocybin species ever was, and the kid kills his grandparents or himself, it's ok? What a fucked up society we live in, these ones they want to put in jail are just scapegoats

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: Ravus]
    #3482299 - 12/11/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

One day things will change my friend

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#3482550 - 12/11/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

This girl's death is being exploited by media sensationalists, those are the people who you should direct your anger at.

Right on. Fuck the media. Except Adbusters, they're pretty cool.

--------------------

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3482699 - 12/11/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

this whole thing sucks.

maybe if she had some info regarding their safe use this may not have happened?  hindsight is 20/20 :frown:

knowledge is power.  if her death is to not be in vain, then it will serve to remember that:
1) Minors shouldn't be doing drugs, too much is going on with their lives for them to imbibe completely safely (mentally moreso than physically)
2) You should take measured doses, in a controlled setting with a sober 'trip'sitter present to avoid such misteps.
3) Stay away from shady/sketchy people. Bad News.
4) React, but do not over react to situations like these.  Harm reduction is a far better way of educating than this "Just say no" attitude.  I do not believe at all that increased manditory minimums or a harsher sentance for drug use will ever stop new people from trying. 

Scare tactics don't work.  Get over it.

eddstack: I think you are wrong on almost every level, except that she shouldn't have died; generalizing mushrooms into the category of 'dope' is something I have only known miseducated or indoctrinated people to make (police being the main contingent of these people).  You need to calm down and examine why she died instead of how.  Mushrooms were involved but it could have just as easily been an anti-depressant and alcohol in another situation.  Blanket statements show that you are still dealing with the emotions of this tradgedy and that you are still seeing it through a lens of grief.

You say that "This is the ugly side of drug abuse.people die.good people." but you fail to grasp that the same statement could be applied to anything.  including driving, eating, sports.  Seriously; just look.
"This is the ugly side of life .people die.good people."
Sorry for your loss, but don't loose your shit about it.  I'm sure that if I knew Tia and she were open minded enough to try them of her own volition, she would be open minded enough to examine a situation like this without jumping to the easiest answer made availible.

--------------------

Edited by blinkidiot (12/11/04 05:37 PM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: blink]
    #3482707 - 12/11/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleeddstack
HotGameGirl
 User Gallery

Re: 2 teens charged in death of girl [Re: Adamist]
    #3484101 - 12/11/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you all can justify and rationalize your drug consumption how ever you like.
you probably will maybe till your dying day or maybe when a loved one dies as a result.
Denial is bitch when you are a drug addict.
To admit some little weed or fungus has you by the balls is something you may never choose to deal with.
But please listen to yourselves.you are on such the deffence of your drug abuse its pathetic that you would even consider making light of a person who died as "direct" result of this particular controlled substance.
It wasn't the drug it was the person?....yes cars kill alcohol kills and SO do many other things but don't be tright with that rational when speaking of this instance.
Had she not done it at all she would be alive today.
I have nothing against you guys and your freedom to pursue your form of happiness I just don't need to hear your ongoing attempts to justify supposed recreational drug use in the name of a person who i knew who Died.knock off yor deffensive remarks.If you have something to contribute as far as the original posted forum then contribute.if you are here just to deffend your buzz then go away!

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3484258 - 12/11/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

read below VV

--------------------

Edited by gdman (12/11/04 10:48 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3484276 - 12/11/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Did you even read anything said in response to you? I mean really read it, doubt it.

Anyway, psychedelics are for intellectuals, ideally only people with strong minds should be taking them. Weak minded people simply do not enjoy them, I can't think of a single person that would do what that girl did, no matter how high your are, you would still have a grasp of what your surroundings are. Of course, there are times when you don't have a grasp of such concepts, but you'll be tripping so hard, it's impossible to even walk. You would be sitting or laying down in a trance. Something does not add up with her story, not saying it's not incredibly sad, or people just don't freak out like that. I'm not trying to rationalize anything, I'm really sitting here racking my brain on this. It's not so clear cut. Something had to happen to her, this is why you should really know the people who you choose to hang out with.

You don't know me, I always look at an issue at every possible angle, and I do not rationalize shit. You end up nowhere fast when you try to rationalize and skirt around the issue.

She could have had a pre-existing but latent psychological condition that was aggravated by the stress of a trip. This kind of condition would be aggravated by any extreme stress (whether it was positive or negative) a strong trip is certainly stressful whether good or bad. I must emphasis that this kind of condition could have been caused by stress at work, with family, school, etc. This goes back to my point, only people with strong minds should take theses substances. If your interested in tripping, you should know your family history, it is not something you do on a whim.

--------------------

Edited by gdman (12/11/04 10:46 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3484601 - 12/11/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eddstack said:
if you are here just to deffend your buzz then go away!

Nope.  I was here first. 

Situation sucks, but considering the nature of this website, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. 

You'll find people who sympathize with your grief (including me) but you won't hear us blaming the shrooms because we know better. 

This website is doing young people a huge favor by educating them on mushroom use.  The truth is that mushrooms are physically harmless but can cause mental stress.  They are a very powerful entheogen that should only be taken with the utmost respect and knowledge.  They are not a "toy" or a neat thing to do just to get fucked up.  Shrooms are serious business.  I think you'll find that most people here at the Shroomery follow that mantra. 

Your anger is understandable, but I can't really see what you're trying to accomplish by posting here.  You call us addicts and other names simply for having a differing point of view then you do, and then tell us not to get defensive.  So what the fuck, man?  How do you expect us to respond?  Of course we're going to get defensive at such an unfounded accusation.  There is no doubt that mushrooms have changed lives at this website, the majority for the better.  I'll spare you my personal story, but they have changed me at the core of my being and I am happier for it. 

Life is all about Choice.  Your friend made a choice when she decided to use mushrooms.  The mushrooms didn't coerce her into taking them.  They don't care.  They are a benign substance.  She chose to take those mushrooms. 

What we're all saying here is:

You can't hold a plant responsible for what your friend chose to do. 

That's the bottom line.  You're suffering, you're in grief, but you can't come here and expect us to ignore this.  It's a shame, it's a fucking shame about your friend.  It's always tragic when people die. 

I don't know what else to say except that we're not trying to make you feel worse.  We're just trying to show you that shrooms aren't inherantly evil just because your friend died when she was on them. 

Anyway, please take care and sorry you had to come here under these circumstances.  :heart:

*me*

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order