Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejacksoncab
Stranger
pinning problem (pins seems to be disintigrating)
    #3481698 - 12/11/04 02:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ok.. i have a few rubbermade containers with amazons in them. i'm using straight straw. i've concluded that i waited a few days too many to start fruiting. before the lights went on i patched one of the tubs almost 80%. that patched tub now has a huge number of healthy pins. i fruited the rest of the tubs without patching them and have run into some problems.
it seems that on a few of the tubs, hundreds or thousands of pins began to form but never completed. there was ample rhizomorphic growth that seemed to be normal but things have stalled. it seems like there was so many pins that they all knotted together and are turning into lumps. theres all these things that look like they should be pins but no brown dots are forming on the tops as caps. they are all starting to lose their shape. many of the pins seem to be getting overrun with white fuzz. is this overlay? ive been misting the sides of the tub. the temp was about 78-80 degrees in the room. i've reduced the temp in the room to 70-71 since the temps in the tubs are probably 5 degrees higher. is there anything i can do to save these tubs?

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: pinning problem (pins seems to be disintigrating) [Re: jacksoncab]
    #3481961 - 12/11/04 04:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

White fuzz is most likely mcy.Really need a pic.
Sounds interesting.

Good Luck

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3482623 - 12/11/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

From what you describe I'd say that mycelium is running rampant due to high humidity. Are you able to post a picture?

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinejacksoncab
Stranger
Re: pinning problem (pins seems to be disintigrating) [Re: dog]
    #3487215 - 12/12/04 07:26 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i 'm pretty sure i overmisted the tubs. i did it 3 times a day heavily.is there any way to rectify this? i haven't misted in a day or so and am trying to reduce the humidity.
will i need to recase or anything? or should i start over:(

Offlinejacksoncab
Stranger
Re: pinning problem (pins seems to be disintigrating) [Re: dog]
    #3490137 - 12/13/04 10:00 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

here's some pics.

one tub

another tub

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3490211 - 12/13/04 10:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

In some instances it is normal for what looks like a first flush to suddenly abort , this is due to the myc colony is just not quite ready to develop mature mushies yet . Keep up the misting "lightly" , a couple times a day , and most deffinetly makes sure you are getting enough air exchanges . Keep lite on for min of 8 hrs a day .

Over running myc colony is from not getting a temp change at the right time , also in some cases this is a strain thing i.e. Malabars love to do this , they need to have pinning initiated earlier than most other species , and they most deffinetly need a temp drop to bring them out of the vegitive state to the fruiting stage .

Overlay is most deffinetly , you waited too long to initiate pinning sequence , patching it may help , but you may also have to risk doing a "scratching" .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation