Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
That's freakinAWESOME!

Loc: the Moment
still no signs of growth
    #3481697 - 12/11/04 02:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

contradictory statements follow!

it's been more than 2 weeks since i noc'd 2 jars of rye w/ B+ and 3 with S.Africa. no signs of colonization. it's been more than 5 days since i noc'd 2 more jars with B+ and 1 one s.africa--nothing.

here's the part where i say i know that it takes time, and that patience is required. yes, in fact i am patient. i'm fine leaving the jars in my tit indefinitely (temps around 81/82; it's in a really cold closet & i can't get the temp higher, even with blankets and stuff over it) until the jars show signs of colonization. my concern is that this will never happen and that i'm just wasting my time and money.

my question is why--why haven't my jars colonized at all when i followed the tek (magash's) to the T? granted i couldnt' get my pc to go past 14 psi, but that shouldn't really be an issue, should it? and granted it's a little chilly in my closet, but the tit is close to good temps, don't you think? so why in the world are the jars not colonizing at all?

i will admit i am impatient to begin. but the rewards of my labor--if i ever get any rewards, that is--remind me to be patient and remain calm. thus i'm not too concerned with the fact that nothing is happening in my jars, other than the possibility that nothing ever will and i wasted my time and money. i'm going out of town from the 15th to the 24th and in that time maybe something will happen. i'm not even going to bother checking them till i get back. i am frustrated, but hopeful. any thoughts, other than the obvious, which is to be patient? no need to mention it, for although these words may not sound patient, i am really just curious as to the WHY behind it. "Be patient" need not be uttered for it would be redundant and belaboring an already made point. thanks.

"The more I read, the more I meditate; and the more I meditate, the more certain I am that I know nothing." -Voltaire

Edited by laughingbuddha (12/12/04 03:42 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation