Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Out of millions of letters whats the chance........
    #3455543 - 12/06/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My friend recently sent his cousin a couple of doses. He put it in an envelope with a small piece of tin foil taped to a letter he wrote him. He had to put his return addy because he had his cousins addy written down funny and he didn't want the letter to go to the wrong place just in case. Well he sent this the tuesday b4 thanksgiving and it still isn't there. And my friend is freakin pretty bad but doesn't have the internet. I told him it's very unlikely they found it and it is prolly just taking a very long time. He asked me to check just to ease his mind. Thanks for your replies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: vandago]
    #3455655 - 12/06/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Tell him not to freak. Envelopes are very inconspicuous and don't go through the same screening measures that packages do. The only thing that I think could happen bad to it is if it got caught in the machinery and ripped or torn, which happens occasionally. They still usually put it in an envelope and send it on its way with an apology. No point in stressing over something you can't control. Wait it out. USPS blows monkeys anyway.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: Lifenergy]
    #3455727 - 12/06/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I told him not to freak he just thinks I'm being optimistic. So letters don't get x-rayed or through a metal detector or anything?

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3455789 - 12/06/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i don't think so, i've had things that shouldn't be mailed packaged in alluminum foil and they arrived allright. i even had a spore syringe sent from canada to Ca and it arrived (probably stupid on my part, but whateva).

next time don't write a letter w/ the illegal stuff inside the envelope...it probably is a bit more incriminating haveing a personal letter inside the envelope along with the acid. anything with your handwriting (if you put your real name/address on the return addy) can be traced back to you pretty easily.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: TODAY]
    #3455888 - 12/06/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well the mail came a few minutes ago where hes at and still nothing. My friends like having a nervous breakdown cause he doesn't wanna go to jail over being a nice guy.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

#3455892 - 12/06/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What could be taking it soooo long. It's almost been two weeks now.

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #3455926 - 12/06/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well...if you want to be really safe about this and make sure you aren't being set up it's not that hard. When and if the letter does arrive just place it in like a stack of mail or wherever and just leave it there for 2 or 3 days depending on how paranoid you are. The cops bust in that first day only to find the letter chilling unopened, you say you didn't know who it was from so you didn't open it because you didn't know what it was. If you keep up your story and just deny, deny, deny there is nothing they can do unless they have some other evidence. If all that happened you may get arrested and charged, but they would have to be eventually dropped.

Oh yeah...I just thought about the letter inside it...that might pose some problems but you can still say you didn't know what was in it.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: kindadank]
    #3455962 - 12/06/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

um, i don't see any point in your suggestion man. if you're buddy gets the letter he should take out the special contents and stash them where he usually would stash his illegals. nobody is going to write up a search warrant to bust a kid receiving 2 hits of lsd in the mail.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: TODAY]
    #3457690 - 12/06/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, while I do think it is highly unlikely he would be getting set up, it is definitely not impossible. Sending a Schedule 1 drug through the USPS is a serious offense and if for some unkown reason the cops knew about it they would definitely take action. I agree it is highly paranoid though in this situation, but it isn't really that hard to wait a few days and pretty much eliminate getting busted in any situation where you are receiving illegals.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

#3457784 - 12/06/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ya but it's been 2 weeks...and nothing. Doesn't that seem a little odd?

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #3457838 - 12/06/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Every once in a while it can take a really long time to get something...on an even rarer occasion it could get lost.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3458266 - 12/07/04 01:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

in all likelihood, your friend's mailman is tripping balls

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: Hendostan]
    #3467513 - 12/08/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It still hasn't arrived and my friend asked a mail carrier and they said it should take 3-5 days for a letter so now he's really geekin. The penalties for trafficking where he sent the stuff is MUCH MUCH worse than where he lives. If the tabs got found would he get charged in his state or the state he sent it to. I hope he didn't get busted cause that would suck.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #3468722 - 12/09/04 01:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well in this case he would probably be charged under federal laws.
Cuz he is sending it across state lines.
I hope it ain't the case though.  Good luck and i'll keep my fingers crossed for your friend.  :smile:

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: Great Scott]
    #3469975 - 12/09/04 10:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Federal laws :frown:  Man thats shitty.  So he'd be getting prison time over 4 lousy doses of lsd?

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

#3470435 - 12/09/04 12:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well my friend went to the post office he sent it from and they said it wasnt in their dead letter so he's more terrified. He had the person he sent it to call their local post office and they said for them to look for the letter he has to fill out a form to grant them permission ( would that form give them the right to open the letter? ). He's probably gonna have an ulcer soon he's worrying so much, once he thought about getting federal charges he can't quit thinking about going to prison. I don't even see how they could find a meesly envelope with 4 doses ( maybe the tin foil set off the metal detector?). Would they even pursue the case over 4 doses or would they just confinscate it?

Offlinenothing
Old Hand

Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ *DELETED* [Re: vandago]
    #3472131 - 12/09/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Sir Ian

Reason for deletion: _

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: nothing]
    #3475882 - 12/10/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sir Ian, This sounds *in theory* like some good steps to help CYA (cover yer~ ass) should something actually come out of this....  Just don't have a pile of evidence sitting in one spot as if you were expecting to have to proove your way out of it....  Seems like they would be able to see a bit of pre-meditation if you had it all stacked up and ready to go....  Be organized in a seemingly dis-organized way, act very surprised, and get pissed - in a passion for prooving innocence/ignorance kinda~ way.... 

Also remember the season....  Many X-mas cards are being sent thru the mail right now....  Keep in mind that nothing may ever come of this, and at worse, you will have lost a few doses - and not your freedom....  UNLESS you do this on a regular basis, and someone has tipped off a reason to monitor your mail....  Unlikely, but possible....  It is all subject to theory at this point - and how privately you go about your buisness.... 

I would suggest using an express type of service next time - with delivery confirmation or tracking....?  In my opinion, if you are going to take the "great" risk of sending thru the mail, I would want to use the best service possible to ensure delivery....  You could always write on the outside of the envelope:  "EBAY Auction #32984741329847", or DO NOT BEND OR FOLD - PHOTOS WITHIN, or something to that effect to throw off any initial surface suspicions.... 

I am not experienced in any of this, but I am only theorizing what I would do if I had to....  And I am not suggesting anyone should test my theories either, I am just sharing my thoughts.....

Vandago, please keep us posted as to what happens out of this....  I wish you a good luck for whatever it is worth from this E-Stranger (me)....  :smile:

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Out of millions of letters whats the chance........ [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3476219 - 12/10/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I told my friend what to do and he's gonna cover his ass just in case. See I figured that if they did happen to find it and the letter didn't get lost they aren't going to go further with it. I figure it would cost way way too much money to try and prove my friend sent 4 doses in the mail. That just seems ridiculous to me, but who knows with our fucked up system.

Offlinepostmaster
sorting yourmail
 User Gallery

#3480112 - 12/11/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just read your post. Don't mail incriminating evidence with contraband, that's just plain stupid. If you're mailing contraband mail it in some method and packaging that makes it not look like contraband. Mail it as a dietary supplement or something similar.

If someone recieves contraband and they cannot prove intention to recieve (ordering item, asking for item from friend, etc) then they cannot charge the person. They're also not going to send your friend to prison for a few grams of shrooms most likely. The most common result of having contraband come open in the mailstream is confiscation and a letter to the inteded party that would recieve the item explaining that contraband was mailed to them and that they shold not do it again.

Chances are something else went wrong in the process and the item was destroyed or something like that. It's really quite rare that things get "lost" in the mail, that's really a prevelant myth that I think people capitolize upon to fool people into thinking they've mailed out contraband when they really haven't.

Not saying that's involved here, it's just a personal observation from someone that understands the system from the inside.

--------------------
desperately seeking stuntzii

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures