Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Lifenergy]
    #3484663 - 12/11/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, but the poster I was responding to said you should consent to a dog sniffing if you don't have anything. I was saying you shouldn't consent, because if they can do it they're going to do it anyway. Make it clearly you are against everything, whether they can do it or not, because that which they can do they will do anyway

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Ravus]
    #3486032 - 12/12/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

wish i had something to contribute. I would show your face in the station, and start asking questions. You might not get anywhere, but its nice to let them know that we are not completely passive to thier BS. We will protect our rights. I am sure you can push the issue...you have nothing to lose. Its just a matter of how much pot you smoke, and what kinda motivation you have, knowing you really wont win. I hope you show them whats up, cause most people dont, they take it without lube.

On a side note, word up to the $500 cars. ;]

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: tak]
    #3486041 - 12/12/04 12:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I didnt think they could pat y ou down for contraband, only weapons? From what ive heard, even if they feel a pipe in your pocket, and cannot prove its a weapon, you are fine. Or a baggie for that matter.

Another question: You said the supreme court said smell is not a valid probably cause for a search? Can anyone help me find this information, and does it apply nationwide, or do local jurisdictions have thier own rules?

--------------------

Invisiblemrhowdy
I've been Insane
 User Gallery
Loc: I've Been Insane
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: tak]
    #3486392 - 12/12/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

similar thing happend to me and a couple of friends we were driving and we see a cop heading towards us. we look at the rear view mirror and we see him u-turn and begin to follow us we stop at the stop sign and turn right and then he turns on his lights and pulls us over he comes over and tells us that the reason he pulled us over was becuz we failed to stop at the white line. so he asks for a license and insurance (btw the car is borrowed) and he says he dosnt have his licsnece yet just his permit so he tells him to step out and begins to search the car. told us we smelled like pot we had not been smoking either. then he goes to the front passenger seat and tells my other friend to step out and begins to search that area and the cop finds some weed in a tray that didnt belong to us. we knew then we were screwd. me and my friend were 16 the other one was 17 so they cuff us and ask us whos pot that is and we told em that we had borrowed that car and that it wasnt ours. so they were like well were gonna have to tow away the car and my 17 year old friend was going to county. we were in the back of the cop car for like an hour wondering what was going to happen to us. we saw the wreker come by and talk to the cops and then leave after talking to the police sgt. the cop comes back and tells us to call our parents to come pick us up, i was like wtf, whats going on, i asked him if i was going to be charged for anything he said no. so i was like cool, they charged my other friend for failing to stop at the white line, driving without a license and driving without insurance, now my 17 year old friend they took him to county. i have no idea why they let me and my friend go. i think it was profiling, seeing a bunch of teenagers driving around, and for the initial stop what a load of bs.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: mrhowdy]
    #3489318 - 12/13/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That's why I never travel with anything illegal on me unless I can eat it in two seconds.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3491665 - 12/13/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

dirty hippies get what they deserve

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3491670 - 12/13/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

May I suggest not borrowing cars that contain illegal drugs, especially when you dont have a license or insurance.

--------------------

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3491725 - 12/13/04 02:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am not trying to be a dickhead either, but make them work for thier money. Lack of care is the #1 reason people get busted. They do it so much, and dont act like this 1 insignificant time will be what makes or breaks them. Always be paranoid, a vehicle is the easiest place for a cop to violate your rights.

On a side note, alot of cops will do illegal searches. Usually if they dont find anything major, they will let you go. Dont trust me on this, but its what I gather from experience. If you are under 18, they will usually call your parents, and let you go. If you are over 18, they may write you a fine, or just let you go.

Does getting away with it make the illegal search right?
No fucking way.

Are most people happy with just getting away with it, and take no further action?
Yup.

This is a fine line, people dont want to attact unwanted attention, and often times leave it alone. Little to no action will be taken if you complain, and most people dont want to go in and say "when the cop found weed in my car, the search was illegal, although he did let me go."

I think everyone needs to know thier rights, and like stated above, one man cannot win a war, but this is the attitude that many people take. I would file a complaint, just so its on his record.

These cops may be nice people. They also may be protecting you by illegally seearching you, scaring the shit ouf of you, and letting you go. This leaves you with less damage than if the bad ass dont-give-a-shit cop catches you. He is still the lesser of two evils, and people have rights. We cannot let them violate us, and let them think its OKAY just because they pretend to sympthize with us, or know what its like to be in our shoes. I am from America, and I was born with certain rights. My automobile is my home on wheels, and as long as I dont rob any banks in it, I should be entitled my privacy.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3495211 - 12/13/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

root-ninja-tak said:
May I suggest not borrowing cars that contain illegal drugs, especially when you dont have a license or insurance.

Your reading comprehension skills suck.

The car is mine. I have two vehicles, and one tag between them.

I have insurance on the vehicle.

The vehicle has never had an illegal drug in it the entire time I have owned it.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3498732 - 12/14/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mrhowdy said:
so he asks for a license and insurance (btw the car is borrowed) and he says he dosnt have his licsnece yet just his permit

the cop finds some weed in a tray that didnt belong to us.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Learyfan]
    #3499188 - 12/14/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

I didn't really screw myself by letting the dog sniff my car. I vindicated myself of the first officers accusations that my car smelled of marijuana.
It clearly proved that he was mistaken.

You vindicating yourself isn't the point. The point is is that you shouldn't have concented to anything.

as long as the dog does not enter the vehicle, he has no say in a sniffer...
if the dog enters the vehicle before he hits on a scent from the outside
than it becomes an illegal search.

since the cops and dog is outside of the car thay are able to sniff around it
and also to peek into windows to 'ensure their safety'

articulation is the key

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3501540 - 12/15/04 12:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

mrhowdy said:

I'm not mrhowdy.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3501577 - 12/15/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Baby Hitler, I wish I could help you out. I actually got held in jail overnight on DUID when completely sober because the police officer though my car smelled like pot though nobody has ever smoked in it. That and they were completely incompetent with the sobriety tests. Now that I'm off the hook (my lawyer finally got the clean tox report from the PD who were withholding it for two and a half months) I would sue for wrongful arrest but I can't get enough money that a lawyer consider it.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder