Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: looner2]
    #3481664 - 12/11/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't really screw myself by letting the dog sniff my car. I vindicated myself of the first officers accusations that my car smelled of marijuana.

It clearly proved that he was mistaken.

Also asking why I was being detained would have been a pretty stupid question considering that he was writing me a ticket the whole time after the K9 got there.

This whole process took less than 10 minutes. I really didn't have time to complain about being detained.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Edited by Baby_Hitler (12/11/04 12:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3481709 - 12/11/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like you did acted fine.

Just get your tags fixed.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: phi1618]
    #3481721 - 12/11/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes cup.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #3481733 - 12/11/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In case you aren't familiar with Shroomism's story, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED WITH US, and I mean EXACTLY. Except of course, when HE got searched they found a bowl, a few grams of weed, and some flexorals.

The pig pulled us over supposedly because of our tag, it was a temporary tag but it was Ares' vehicle indeed. That definately wasn't the purpose of the stop though, as we soon came to find out. The pig pulled us all out within 2 minutes and searched us, saying he "smelt marijuana".

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Adamist]
    #3481747 - 12/11/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Also get this, when the pig was searching Shroomism he left his car keys, wallet and other personal items on the hood of the van. He didn't give a fuck either, he just cuffed him and left them there.
It was only until we were down the road at my house that I noticed that they were STILL on the hood, somehow. If we had driven any further they would have surely gotten blown off somewhere and gotten lost. :thumbdown:

Fuck the United Police States.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Adamist]
    #3481840 - 12/11/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If the cops think crack and methamphetamine are dangerous drugs, they better hope we never get addicted to righteous indignation.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3481887 - 12/11/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I didn't really screw myself by letting the dog sniff my car. I vindicated myself of the first officers accusations that my car smelled of marijuana.

It clearly proved that he was mistaken.

You vindicating yourself isn't the point. The point is is that you shouldn't have concented to anything.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#3481894 - 12/11/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If the cops think crack and methamphetamine are dangerous drugs, they better hope we never get addicted to righteous indignation.

Thanks to things like TV and drugs such as mentioned above, they'll never have to worry about that. :smirk:

Complacent sheep nation- one nation under control.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3481899 - 12/11/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what's the story with shroomism? if they didn't have a warrant, how can they use the evidence they found on him? unless probable cause, i.e. lying about smelling pot, was enough for a legal search....damn, florida sucks

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Hendostan]
    #3481907 - 12/11/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fuck yeah Florida sucks. I got the hell out of that shit hole. I hope Shroomism makes it out soon as well...
He's still down there trying to straighten that shit out.

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3482198 - 12/11/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You need to report this to his department, in form of a signed and notarized letter.  Each time something like this happens lessens the possibility of him being able to do it in the future. Lets say that he pulls over another stinky hippie( :smile: ) and says he "smells marijuana".  If this hippie has the cron with him, but the cop has pulled over 1500 people before and said that and found nothing on a search, they'd have to question his efficacy at this technique.  I've had friends pull the report on canine units before and show how ineffective that particular dog was. One dog was wrong over 80% of the time with his indications!

do everything you can to fuck with the cop.  If you call around to lawyers, you'll find one that hates cops too, and he might tell you what to do just to help you fuck the fucking pigs.

Of course, in a "war" on drugs, you'd think that we could legally shoot armed, uniformed warriors who wear insignia, but sadly I think you'd be just geting in more trouble.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: SoopaX]
    #3482485 - 12/11/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A war where it's illegal to fight back... how conveinent for them! :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3483021 - 12/11/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea. According to the Geneva Convention they can't try someone for participating in a war. Of course, as dealers and users aren't wearing open firearms, insignia, uniforms and odn't have a command structuer, thats not applicable.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Hendostan]
    #3483312 - 12/11/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
what's the story with shroomism? if they didn't have a warrant, how can they use the evidence they found on him? unless probable cause, i.e. lying about smelling pot, was enough for a legal search....damn, florida sucks

Yep, cops everywhere will lie if they can get away with it and it gets them something. Trust me, I know...

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3483582 - 12/11/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Check with geezemeister over here http://www.wetdreams.ws/forum/default.asp

Edited by Great_Satan (12/11/04 08:36 PM)

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3484440 - 12/11/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well the problem is that you had bad plates.  That gave them a reason to stop and question you.  The dog search is allowable if you consent (which you should if dont have anything illegal) and they dont need any cause except to justify the use of manpower with thier bosses.  Unfortunatly, everything here was legal and you need to fix those plates because that is actually a pretty serious issue.  I know this isnt what you were looking for but I hope this helps.  :heart:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Catalysis]
    #3484494 - 12/11/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You guys should take up money for me to pay the sales tax on my car and transfer the tags.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Catalysis]
    #3484510 - 12/11/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The dog search is allowable if you consent (which you should if dont have anything illegal)

No you shouldn't. I never consent to anything, whether I have anything or not. If it's only the people with possession of drugs that use their constitutional rights, then this will not be a good thing

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Re: Got hassled by cops. Need to know what corrective action I should take as an American. [Re: Ravus]
    #3484582 - 12/11/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You don't have to consent to anything for him to get the K-9 to sniff around. All he needs is suspicion to detain you, not probable cause. Probable cause is needed for a search of the vehicles interior, but not your immediate person. He can pat you down, outside the clothing, legally. If he feels something in your pocket or whatever that he can reasonably assume to be a weapon or some kind of contraband, he can then go inside your pockets or ask you to empty them, take your shoes/socks off, or whatever. The Supreme Court has ruled that smelling a substance is not probable cause because smell is a subjective sense. He was within his rights to keep you there while the dogs came. At that point, he didn't need your permission to let the dog sniff, because that is not considered an unreasonable search by law. If the dog alerts him to the presence of contraband, he then has probable cause and needs no permission from you. If the dog smells nothing, he has nothing, and cannot proceed with the search. The only other way he can have probable cause is if you have been being watched for some time and they know for a fact you are carrying drugs, or if you have something like drugs or paraphanelia in plain sight. Anything in plain sight constitutes probable cause, obviously. The cop was a dickhead, but within his rights, except for reaching in your pockets. That is grounds for a formal complaint, but don't expect anything to come of it. Never consent to a search. Assert your rights and most importantly, study the law. Not just what you hear from others, the actual law. It will help you out often.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3484586 - 12/11/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
You guys should take up money for me to pay the sales tax on my car and transfer the tags.

Free Baby Hitler's tags.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom