Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Left Coast Kratom Shop: Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Decontaminating from the ground up [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3476873 - 12/10/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Insulation will absorb water? I didnt relize that..

I still wish I had fiberglass in the walls insulating my place. Want my insulation? Reach down a hole in the wall (my roomates father who used to live here put one in the wall) and you can pull out the newspapers of the 70s..thats our insulation :smile: Weeeeeee

Surprisingly this place holds in heat and AC quite well..so whatever..

I think a good clean should be enough anyways..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: Decontaminating from the ground up [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3476912 - 12/10/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

To elaborate a little... glass in not an insulator (Only when refering to electricity, it only counts as insulation because it is better than nothing.

At night, your insulation cools, down to the core. As your home heats up, so do your walls. This warm air slowly travels through your cold insulation and condensates on it, being locked into place by the fiberous grids of the glass, stopping air flow through that wet section.

You are better to have no insulation, and have newspaper instead! At least you will have something to read, besides the crap on the back of insulation paper...

Some of our walls are so packed, that you can't even get air back there! You can feel the cold transfering right through the wall. These idiots even insulated our screen porch walls and outside hall walls! Didn't they see the big holes leading outside! The owner at that time was a real moron, which is how I got this house so cheap!

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Edited by LaughingJim (12/10/04 03:16 PM)

OfflineLupuz
It's 4:20Somewhere

Loc: Somewhere
Re: Decontaminating from the ground up [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3477061 - 12/10/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I remember half hearing in a phisics class I had to take that the real insulator is air and the best insulation materials are those that hold in the most air. Now, I'll admit I'm not 100% about this although I'm pretty sure that's what he said. School was an hour away and I was always pretty stoned by the time I got there (gotta love commutes) but I'm pretty certain I remember that and it makes sense when I think of what most insulation is made of. Althoug I'd have to say fiberglass doesn't have shit on 30 year old sunday funnies. If I can just find a way to make them stick between the floor boards.

--------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineLupuz
It's 4:20Somewhere

Loc: Somewhere
Re: Decontaminating from the ground up [Re: Lupuz]
    #3477073 - 12/10/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, I just realized I mispelled physics. Oh, well I've never claimed to be able to spell.

--------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: Decontaminating from the ground up [Re: Lupuz]
    #3478040 - 12/10/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well it hits -30 Fahrenheit here...sometimes lower.I'm a big fan of dry fiberglass.
You have to have a vapor barrier though or it will get wet.
:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Left Coast Kratom Shop: Kratom Powder For Sale