Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

blue honey
    #3475186 - 12/10/04 07:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i'm going to tell you about a find i've been finding the the last 5 days, but first i have a question...of course...lol

i have a question that i havent seen answered in a couple years here. unless i didnt look hard enough. which is possible. and i'm not sure where to post this either. lol. k sera.
i'm using the honey technique, but i really dont have much information on the specifics. i know you SHOULD dry the mushrooms before preserving them in the honey, but in my situation, that is absolutely and completely impossible. that being said, i place them in the honey pretty much full of thier watery goodness.

but that watery goodness seems to complicate things. water builds up in my bottle of honey. i figured this could be problematic if i wanted to keep things healthy and safe to eat weeks later, so i placed the honey bottle inthe fridge. to avoid some nasty possibilities. but is the refridgeration rendering my mushrooms in honey impotent? or less potent? since i have no drying possibilities whatsoever, can someone let me know if i'm doing something wrong, how i can improve my honey method or if that water is going to be a problem if i dont refridgerate? thanks.

oh yeah. copes allllll over the place in the very south tip of texas. at least a fresh pound or three within the last five days. i'll take pictures of my honey bottle if ya like. thanks.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespock
journeyman
Re: blue honey [Re: greenpastures]
    #3475423 - 12/10/04 10:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

if you are going to use honey you should dry (and i would grind up) the shrooms first. if using wet(next time dry them) you should discard that watery goodness you speak of.pour the water down the drain and you should be ok. the fridge will not change how potent they are.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: blue honey [Re: spock]
    #3475499 - 12/10/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You're not devoid of all options to dry- esp. if you happen to have brown paper bags/newspapers and a fan.  Read up on drying techs.  Stir honey well- use a spoonfull or so if it's really saturated well with shrooms.  Nice to see someone using honey- I always thought it was fucking tops for dosing. :thumbup:

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: blue honey [Re: superblingtheory]
    #3476254 - 12/10/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Never heard of that. I'll have to try that next year. Is there a way to preserve wet 'rooms? Ex: Ps. Baeocystis.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: drink the water? [Re: psiclops]
    #3477560 - 12/10/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the reason i cant dry by any means is my room mate who is ...well unsympathetic and the 800 sq foot apt we share with no doors other than the bathroom. lol. no dry tech in the world would help me. so the water i would be pouring out ....i woudlnt be pouring out anything i'd want to ingest??? if the fridge is keeping it good...i may as well cut open the bottle and lick the sides, right? =D i could do soemthing with that water that floats up top...dip saltines in it? who knows. is the water any good? cause by golly, i'll drink it if it is. waste not want not.

and yeah...i was searching for preservation methods and the honey one seemed to be the best method and one that wouldnt rile the roomie too much.

the honey is great! but you have to eat about 24 ounces of honey!!! a full bottle of honey!!! what i did last time was just pick the mushrooms out of the honey,ate them and dumped the honey/water mix. looking back on it , i think i made a mistake. lol. next time, everything goes down the hatch unless advised otherwise. thanks for the advice, honey.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies