Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Registered: 09/14/04
Posts: 2
Last seen: 11 years, 10 months
Is this *relatively* safe?
    #3474762 - 12/10/04 05:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, so my first attempt at growing some Golden Teachers yielded mild success. I did manage to produce some healthy specimens, however, on one of the cakes, i noticed a small yellowish greenish splotch. Now, I'm well aware of the "When in doubt, throw it out" idea, but I don't really know if I have the heart to do that, these have been my project for 3 months and these are all I have. What I was thinking was, grinding up the mushrooms and cooking them down into a tea, like I have done before with shrooms I have bought. I was wondering if cooking them in hot water for maybe 5-10 minutes might neutralize or weaken any possible mold that may or may not be present in the mushrooms. Of course I know that there is going to be a risk in eating these, but my question is...is this *relatively* safe? and will the cooking have an effect on the mushrooms (besides degrading the potency a bit, which i don't mind too much)?

Edited by Psilocybinaut (12/10/04 05:45 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
fuck this site
Registered: 05/13/04
Posts: 11,945
Last seen: 7 years, 5 months
Re: Is this *relatively* safe? [Re: Psilocybinaut]
    #3475742 - 12/10/04 01:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If its hot enough to kill the mold its hot enough to kill the psilocybin... It's not worth a trip to the hospital or at least hugging a toilet all day... Throw it out, and get it away from any other cakes before it contaminates them.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are these safe? What to do now? omgitsteddy 430 3 05/08/09 06:34 PM
by omgitsteddy
* Light Bluish/Light Greenish Spots.. Noticed Too Late Ike Anngro 459 1 05/09/09 01:23 AM
by Ike Anngro
* Greenish grey coloration on my cubensis, are these contaminated? Alcatraz 788 1 12/31/06 08:32 PM
by CureCat
* are these mushies safe? mdog 924 5 12/26/02 08:39 PM
by WildCardsRevenge
* Are these still safe to eat? TheDoorknob 655 3 02/08/09 06:26 PM
by TheDoorknob
* Wierd orangish splotches on millet- contam? (pic) psychocactustrip 1,476 4 05/19/06 02:21 AM
by monstermitch
* blue splotch girlskater 679 4 08/11/02 07:52 AM
by girlskater
* Newbie Question: tiny brownish-gray splotches in the substrate. Is it Bacillus? wallywonks 703 1 06/25/05 12:46 PM
by backupwards

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte
540 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 14 queries.