Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestrun9x0ut
some dude
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Am I overreacting or should I be worried? *FALSE ALARM*
    #3474145 - 12/09/04 11:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey. This is my first post in this forum. A little while ago, I started this grow log (for some reason I can't get to it right now ... it says "Access Denied", but anyway ...) and a just a few hours ago I noticed what looks like it could possibly be some kind of contamination growing only on the mycelium of my casing.

A quick description: It's a blueish-green discoloration (I'm pretty sure it doesn't have much/any texture, but maybe I didn't look hard enough). Like I said, it seems to only be growing on the colonized part of the casing. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but does mycelium bruise when pins are trying to form on it? If so, then that may very well be it, because it seems to be where the mycelium is kind of poking upwards as if it's going to form a pin. Is that what you'd call a knot? Oh yeah, I'm a n00b, by the way; this is my first grow.

Anyway, here are some pictures. Not very good pictures due to the flash making everything look whiter than it is, but ... you get it. The middle picture is probably the best representation of what I'm talking about.

And one more thing: If it was, in fact, some kind of contamination (mold/whatever), would it spread very quickly and be very noticable? Because this stuff, obviously, isn't very noticable or widespread as of now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by strun9x0ut (12/10/04 04:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: Am I overreacting or should I be worried? [Blueish-Green Stuff] [Re: strun9x0ut]
    #3474337 - 12/10/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I would say that looks like bruising.  But, I would wait to see what the experts around here have to say.
BTW...you have a kickass growlog :smile:

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Offlinestrun9x0ut
some dude
 User Gallery

Re: Am I overreacting or should I be worried? [Blueish-Green Stuff] [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #3474609 - 12/10/04 01:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks a lot, man. Wish I could update it now since I've got more pin pics, but for some reason I can't see the Grow Logs forum. Dammit.

Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
Re: Am I overreacting or should I be worried? [Blueish-Green Stuff] *DELETED* [Re: strun9x0ut]
    #3474657 - 12/10/04 02:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by bumper

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

Edited by bumper (12/10/04 02:23 AM)

Offlinestrun9x0ut
some dude
 User Gallery

Re: Am I overreacting or should I be worried? [Blueish-Green Stuff] [Re: bumper]
    #3474689 - 12/10/04 02:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What?? Wow, I really hope that's not true about the 40 posts. How am I gonna update?? Or even look at my log for that matter? Wow, that would really blow ...

Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
Re: Am I overreacting or should I be worried? [Blueish-Green Stuff] *DELETED* [Re: strun9x0ut]
    #3474737 - 12/10/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by bumper

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

Offlinestrun9x0ut
some dude
 User Gallery

Re: Am I overreacting or should I be worried? [Blueish-Green Stuff] [Re: bumper]
    #3474743 - 12/10/04 03:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Really weird. All of a sudden I can see it again. Hopefully it'll stay like that ...

Time to update.

Offlinestrun9x0ut
some dude
 User Gallery

False alarm! [Re: strun9x0ut]
    #3474826 - 12/10/04 04:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ha! Just kidding guys, I'm an idiot. It's actually just bruised mycelium. I used this test ... took a wet Q-tip and poked the discolored part. Nothing on the Q-tip and more green-ness on the mycelium. Kept poking and bruised a bunch of it to the same color. Kinda weird because I always read about mycelium bruising blue, but this is much more green than blue. Oh well. Should've done some more reading before posting this. My bad! Thanks anyway.

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: False alarm! [Re: strun9x0ut]
    #3474877 - 12/10/04 04:53 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Glad to hear that, bro. You have an awesome grow going on and it would've suck if that were a contam.

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck