Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: Swami]
    #3508028 - 12/16/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Where in the HELL did you find a mcmenamins coaster for your avatar?
You best get with me before you go to another pub( I know the bro's)or the edgefield,etc. I got a carte blanche key to their gig.
BTW there are some of us who CAN tell the difference even between synthetic, extracts and fresh fungi in effect.I have tried all three and each has a different quality to the experience with Fresh being a much more "earthy" effect diminishing with extract to the synthetic which is like a clear light.
WR:wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4053578 - 04/14/05 06:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I see them as sacred in a way without religious belief.
I believe all is energy, and consiousness exists out of many layers.

And I also believe that you need to be in a differend way of processing information, to actually get a better grasp on understanding what is happening.

Read this a few more times if you don't get it right away.  :smirk:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: Fliquid]
    #4054168 - 04/14/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I will reply to the original topic and also to the topic that developed throughout the thread about shrooms allowing contact with something external or not.

it's very interesting to understand that some plants and fungi developed so as to emulate mammal neurotransmitters.
you can look at this in two ways at least: creating the sort of experience this substances do will enable the plant/fungi to survive and multiply, which is the main goal of every living organism. but it can also effectively be an attempt to create an inter-species communication technology. if you chose to believe the last one to be true, we have to admit they have been terrifically successful.

off to the main topic then:
my first good experience with the mushrooms ended up in a dialog with something that I did interpret to be the mushroom. It was the start of many changes in my life.

I learned to love nature, not that I didn't like animals and trees, but I realized how special life really is in every form it takes. I became more aware of the differences between day and night. I learned to watch the sunrise and the sunset, those special moments of frontier between the two worlds we daily cross. I learned to watch the seasons, how life changes and adjusts to the different environment conditions.

I slowly started gaining back my childhood emotions and dreams. I started on a journey to retrieve every piece of pure "me" that I had lost in my way to become an adult.

my snake phobia turned into snake fascination.

my relationships with family and friends changed. I can understand and accept people's opinions a lot better, even when I don't agree with them. frequent shouting/quarreling between me and my wife is now virtually non-existent.

I've always loved literature and considered poetry to be the most important form of literature, but never had the spirit to dwell into it deeply. I'd always say: one day. that day came with the shrooms. I had tremendous experiences reading poems while on shrooms. I eventually started writing poetry in my shroom trips. more recently I started writing poetry out of shroom trips. so the shrooms helped me to be what I always wanted to be deep inside, but didn't take the time and effort or just didn't have the inspiration to be.

of course this was not the result of shrooms alone. there was a latent spiritual urge waiting to unfold. the shrooms brought it up to ecstatic rapture. and as you can read in aldous huxley's "island" when you have a glance at the supreme beauty of an idyllic life, you try to emulate that state of bliss and bring it to your every day reality. this is where the hard work starts and recurrent shroom experiences come handy.

in the end all that we can all agree is that this substances expand human consciousness. I think maybe they expand it to the point where it can intersect the consciousness of plants/fungi.

is it sacred? it's certainly one of the most brilliant creations of life. and for me life is sacred.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: a_h_w]
    #4054328 - 04/14/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: exclusive58]
    #4054747 - 04/14/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Shrooms are sacred as all things are, all life and all the universe as a manifestation of soul.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: a_h_w]
    #4055353 - 04/14/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I was passive and non-confrontational until the Mushroom spirits awoke the warrior in me. "Go forth and conquer," they told me "and NEVER take any shit - that is for us!"

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: silversoul7]
    #4055680 - 04/14/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Cool! Really. But do you not think that the highest range of mystical experience allows the Reality of the Clear Light or the Beatific Vision while yet in the body?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: whiterasta]
    #4055696 - 04/14/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I remember the Sandoz pale bluish-green synthetic psilocybin. "Clear Light" is a good description of the Reality suffusing everything, it was 'pristine' and supremely 'tranquil.'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: Swami]
    #4055721 - 04/14/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Psilocybin (not mushrooms per se) in sufficient doses enables one's conscious mind to contact a hidden part of one's psyche, not something external.

A very definitive statement. I don't necessarily disagree but I would like to know how the hell you KNOW that.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: Icelander]
    #4057972 - 04/15/05 08:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Swami knows everything  :rotfl:

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #4057986 - 04/15/05 08:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The moment one comes across these things and takes them in a high enough dose - one cannot help but be awestruck and mindblown in a way that leaves one filled with respect and on exit from the experience imbued with positivity and a deep understanding of the nature of things due to the profound insight one has had.

Psilocybin is the chemical which achieves this, and the mushroom its vehicle. Very few other compounds can elict such an experience, and thereby demand such respect, or leave one open to such amazement and knowing. With experience one can meet the experience and take as active a role as the 'spirits' in communicating and transmorphing the reality presented. They appreciate people who stand on their own feet and demand respect themselves, otherwise they love to kick numbnuts to bits....they are a metaphor for life, they and their realm are in fact such a true metaphor that they are the essence of life, time and all things that manifest here in physical reality...and more.

With love in your heart and strength in your soul the cheekiest of dark spirits can be sent reeling....and those who study us and our development are pleased as they see one more human gain the self respect, strength and power of reality guidance/morphing as the higher 3d language comes through the human.

Stay true to your soul and stand up for yourself. Tell 'em to fuck off when they bully you, and you might be suprised :wink: ...If you can hack it.

But if you need to be taught a lesson...and you know it....you cannot avoid it....

Discover your deep body of light, stay strong in the face of refraction - and shine baby shine!

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: CJay]
    #4058137 - 04/15/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: CJay]
    #4058709 - 04/15/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

one cannot help but be awestruck and mindblown in a way that leaves one filled with respect and on exit from the experience imbued with positivity and a deep understanding of the nature of things due to the profound insight one has had.
Either that or psychosis, and one is left jabbering about being examined by other beings. Please explain ALL of the negative reports WITHOUT using vague apologies and New Agian double-speak. Thank you.

....and those who study us
I rest my case.

Discover your deep body of light...
Is that you Jenny Craig? Um, our bodies; even our "deep" bodies (WTF that means!) are not made of light. I consulted a surgeon friend and Grey's Anatomy. There are no photoluminescent human parts.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: bmarley3434]
    #4058942 - 04/15/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I havent read the whole post yet...but I had to reply to this.....

Quote:

bmarley3434 said:
i could easily say that if you talk to a spirit youre just making it up in your head. and i could easily say that the way to talk to spirits is to make it up in your head. i think that shamanistic view is the originally internal psychology.. no world is external. these are universes in the dimension of consciousness. im beginning to think that when you die you go back inside to the imaginatory realm of consciousness. which is interesting because it is said that when we die we are conciousness without a body. couldnt it be that when were alive were that same consciousness within a body(the symbol of what you believe you are).  an interesting factor in this vein is look at how many people talk to dead relatives in dreams. we could say they are just psychologically disturbed or we could say they are contacting something "external".  all native people believed that this "inner space" was real . i tend to agree . this is to me where psychology and spirituality meet as one. the "archetypes of the collective unconcious" might possibly be able to be manifested as external entities of other worlds. and these might dually both be true

.......is the same way I see it.

Some times your having an internal dialog w/yourself.

Sometimes you have an internal dialog w/someone/thing else.

I first noticed the sacred/spiritual side of shrooms was the first time I tried them.

I felt the presence of a familiar "spirit". I soon realized it was my grandfather.

I also communed with a "huge" mushroom, (that was weird) on more than one occasion, through out the trip.

On the way down I talked with the "spirit" of another "guide".

I was not prepared for the intensity nor the duration of what this strange fungus just did to me.......(I took a very large dose for a newbie.....+10 grams)

I would never be the same again.

I have also talked to spirits that were not so pleasent.

When you take the shrooms for pleasure/just to get high.....they will let you have a chat with your darker spirits.

These can tell you more about yourself, somtimes, than what the pleasent spirits have to show you.

Arguing about the origins of the wisdom is foolish.

Realizing/Respecting that this fungus is more than just a "party" drug.......it is something to take to get to know yourself better.

:shrug:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: Icelander]
    #4058960 - 04/15/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

sorry :frown:

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

Edited by The_Green_Glow (04/15/05 01:49 PM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Swami]
    #4058980 - 04/15/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
No, but I will still wager heavily. No molecule has yet been shown to respond to, nor store emotions.

....dont think anyone said shrooms have a "personality" or emotions...... just that they allow our mind (thru a chemical reaction) to be more receptive to these "spirits".

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: The_Green_Glow]
    #4058993 - 04/15/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Green I think you are totally full of your own ego.

Who made you in charge of how one becomes enlightened? You are not so you cannot say. Can you say ego trip?

What is fake IMO is you and your diatribe. You really don't have a clue when you presume to know what is best for others.

That's my opinion. No offense dude. :thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: niteowl]
    #4059177 - 04/15/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

....dont think anyone said shrooms have a "personality" or emotions...... just that they allow our mind (thru a chemical reaction) to be more receptive to these "spirits".

Wrong. There are hundreds of posts where people say that the mushroom itself (as if it responded to hate or love) must be respected and that people can tell the difference.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: The_Green_Glow]
    #4059179 - 04/15/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The_Green_Glow
said
They're just drugs, to me.

I think they are just drugs too. I just happen to believe that they alter our brains in a way that allows us to feel/see/talk to these higher forms of conscience.

Quote:

I think everyone makes up their spiritual experiences, as far as 'talking to spirits' goes, anything else is a delusion

again this is your opinion...and can no more be proved than the "talking spirits" opinion.

Quote:

I think that you merely make yourselves believe that you've dealt with problems, but really you have hidden them deeper. Why is it they always come back if you've "dealt" with them? because you DID NOT.

Im sorry that you havent realized some of your personal issues thru the use of shrooms.

Maybe you dont need to learn anything about yourself.

I do know that taking shrooms taught me some things about myself that I was not aware of.

Quote:

Swami seems to get a kick out of these spiritual stories. Not cuz he knows they are fake, but becuase he likes to be a skeptic I think. But making up stories that deep down his soul knows are fake, does not help him find truth, so I think that is horrible of you people who make up false experiences.

If I have a dream is that a false experience?

If I have a strange experience and try to use "spirit guides" as a way of interpreting the experience. It does not mean that the experience itself was false. It was just as real as this keyboard Im typing on.

You may disagree with my interpretation of the experience.....which is OK.

Im not going to look down on you because of it.

Please dont think Im some lunatic because of my beliefs.

Quote:

Meditate if you want to transcend spiritually. Do not alter your minds with chemicals to feel better about yourselves.

Meditate while your on shrooms  :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Swami]
    #4059228 - 04/15/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Wrong. There are hundreds of posts where people say that the mushroom itself (as if it responded to hate or love) must be respected and that people can tell the difference.

They are talking about the same "respect" you give to any powerful drug. You have to "respect" meth, cocaine, heroine......ect.....not do them in excess, moderation is a form of respect.

If you "abuse the drug" you will get to see the negative side of the drug.

The respect they were talking about is also in how/why you take it. What your intentions are when you use them.

Are you taking them just to get high? Are you taking them every week?

If you actually thought that the fungus itself had feelings......now who is making up a "false experience"

Sometimes being too analytical makes you look foolish....not witty

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate